Low cost Stocks & Shares (Investment) ISAs: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Special_Saver2
    Options
    I have updated the second post to include details of iWeb's new changes, which appear to include no platform charge and fees of £5 to buy or sell funds from 31st March 2014. This is currently being discussed in this thread.

SS2
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    I have updated the second and fourth posts to include Hargreave Lansdown's new charges from 1st March 2014. There is also a discussion of this at the moment in the following threads: Leaving HL without transfer charges, Hargreaves Lansdown "playing hardball".

I have also updated post 2 to put all the entries in simple alphabetical order as it is difficult to compare the different providers at the moment with all these changes going on.

SS2
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 January 2014 at 7:31AM
    Options
    I have added an entry in post 2 for the Halifax Share Dealing service as they are offering a flat fee service from March for funds. Details of the similar IWeb service is already in that post.

Edit: I am editing the second post right now to order the providers according to their annual fee. Due to a restriction on the number of characters per post, I may have to make the details quite concise.

SS2
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 January 2014 at 9:27AM
    Options
    I have re-organised post 2 as there is now enough information on new charges from different fund platforms to make a useful comparison. I know that this thread is dedicated to ISAs but I am aware that many people are now also re-evaluating their SIPP accounts, so I have added in square brackets the charges for those too.

The list in post 2 is now looking like a useful comparison and will help me to decide what to do in April with my funds-based ISAs and pension money once all providers have announced their changes.

I would suggest that you use the costs in post 2 as a starting point and then check the costs of the individual funds you are interested in as there may be different share classes with different costs for the same fund with two different platforms.

Edit: I have updated the introduction to highlight (at the end) two tools to help with doing the above calculations, namely the Candid Money tool comparefundplatforms.com, and MSE's own SnowMan's spreadsheet (see this post for more details).

SS2
  • koru
    koru Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great job!

One tiny point: II uses Cofunds platform, not their own.
    koru
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 February 2014 at 1:03AM
    Options
    I've updated my spreadsheet to include Best Invest, new link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxA6Przq6KI1QTRHMmtQcjRVMVU/edit?usp=sharing

Special Saver you might want to change post 1 to just to link to my post re the spreadsheet. That way the link doesn't go out of date if I update the spreadsheet (as I can edit the link in my own post).
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    I have made the following updates to the first page of this thread:

- changed post 1 so that it links to SnowMan's post so people can always go to the latest version of his spreadsheet
    - updated BestInvest's charges - if you want to discuss this then go to this thread: Best Invest announce RDR pricing structure
    - updated post 2 with the "transfer out" charges of all providers

SS2
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Im trying to sort out a new provider for my Aged P. Trying to understand what setup she has.

Bought through a discount (?) broker called Elson, and her funds are split between Fundsnetwork, Cofunds and L&G.

I cant find any transfer out costs (or any costs) for any of these in the list on page 1. So should it be Elson Im looking for???

Also, whats with L&G......are they a platform? Can they be transferred to the new provider?
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • koru
    koru Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    According to the langcat, BestInvest uses SEI's platform:
    http://langcatfinancial.co.uk/2014/01/fashionably-late-halifax-sharedealing-bestinvest-slink-back/

Good summary of current position and some interesting info in this FT article:
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0ad5823a-880f-11e3-a926-00144feab7de.html#axzz2s44nQuLX
    koru
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Im trying to sort out a new provider for my Aged P. Trying to understand what setup she has.

Bought through a discount (?) broker called Elson, and her funds are split between Fundsnetwork, Cofunds and L&G.

I cant find any transfer out costs (or any costs) for any of these in the list on page 1. So should it be Elson Im looking for???

Also, whats with L&G......are they a platform? Can they be transferred to the new provider?

Elson associates are still operating, and there is a website with contact details. I would guess they are still taking trail commission so would supposedly be managing and reviewing. They should be able to provide a consolidated account and you then need to contact the receiving broker or supermarket with instructions for the transfer. L and g could be a direct holding but this can also be included in a new portfolio and be managed in one place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure