Low cost Stocks & Shares (Investment) ISAs: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• ClearAsMud
    Options
    I should keep this going now as it may be useful to somebody.

So checking further I find Selftrade also have a very good selection of my "odd" etfs. They are also linked with EPM, my ISA holder (to test Saxo as above).

However SelfTrade are undergoing a reorg and are accepting no new account applications. The timetable for this-ring them and they'll tell you they have absolutely no idea!

And of course without an account I can't tell if I could *actually* trade those or they're just info.

So again I'm stuck-this is ludicrously diiifcult. I just need a broad ETF selection and the ability to use that with a competitive, flexible SIPP provider.
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi ClearAsMud,

Have you tried asking x-o.co.uk? I have traded all sorts of unusual shares using them and their fees are low.

When I have a spare moment, perhaps this weekend, I will update the entries on the first page of this thread.

SS2
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Here is a belated September / early December update for the first page of this thread.

For unit trusts and OEICs, there is a mix of prices due to some providers quoting commission rebates and others that have moved over to a "clean" charging structure (which has applied to IFAs since January 2013 and will apply to discount brokers from January 2014 onwards). I expect that over the next two months we will see more providers give us details of their clean charging structures, which will make it easier to compare.

The changes are as follows:

- Several broken links in the introduction and other posts corrected
    - Added a link in the introduction to Candid Money's page regarding the introduction of taxation on commission rebates
    - Added a link in the introduction to Candid Money's new fund comparison website
    - ICICI Bank added in post 2 - providing a 100% commission rebate with Cofunds for £35 per year (£25 for current account holders)
    - Charles Stanley Direct added in post 2 - providing a clean charging structure for only 0.25% p.a. (0.15% above £500,000) and they will convert transferred unit trusts and OEICs to clean units for free if conversion is possible
    - Massow's paymemy has been withdrawn for new customers with effect from 19th August 2013
    - Sippdeal now include Vanguard funds in their £1.50 regular investing service (some Vanguard funds incur a custody charge whilst others do not)
    - TD Direct Investing charging a standard 0.35% platform fee (plus a £40 additional fee if transaction carried out on the telephone) on unit trusts / OEICs
    - Commshare changed from a 50% commission to a new charging structure of 0.24% fee plus 0.25% fee payable to Cofunds / Fidelity Fundsnetwork; they do not seem to be offering Skandia platform to new customers

I will also add that iii have a promotion for new accounts where you pay £2 per trade until the end of the year.

SS2
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    For your list. Share Centre, clean funds (where available), £4pm account fee, no platform fee. Upto £300 rebate for switching fees from other providers.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Froggitt,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I have added The Share Centre to post 2. Their fees are pretty high but it may be a good deal for people with large amounts of money who would rather pay a fixed fee than a percentage fee. It will be interesting to see if other providers beat The Share Centre when they announce their clean fund platform charges.

SS2
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Agreed dealing fees are high, but for someone like me who doesn't trade at all, except for the new year ISA allowance, £48 seems reasonable....plus they pay to unlock my funds from HL.

I already had a corporate ISA (£100pa) with them, changed that to the £48 pa account, and when I switch, it will be all clean funds, and no additional charges above the £48pa.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    I can see a lot of charges are changing for the providers of platforms with OEICs, so I will do an update in the next week to include these changes. I will also add details mentioned in recent threads including Hagreaves Lansdown having a new shares regular investing for £1.50 option, Cavendish online moving to clean share class and Trustnet launching a new service.

SS2
  • koru
    koru Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can see a lot of charges are changing for the providers of platforms with OEICs, so I will do an update in the next week to include these changes. I will also add details mentioned in recent threads including Hagreaves Lansdown having a new shares regular investing for £1.50 option, Cavendish online moving to clean share class and Trustnet launching a new service.

SS2
    And big fee changes at ATS and YouInvest (SippDeal).
    koru
  • TCA
    TCA Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Agreed dealing fees are high, but for someone like me who doesn't trade at all, except for the new year ISA allowance, £48 seems reasonable....plus they pay to unlock my funds from HL.

I already had a corporate ISA (£100pa) with them, changed that to the £48 pa account, and when I switch, it will be all clean funds, and no additional charges above the £48pa.

Are you not still paying 1% per deal on their standard account, so even if filling your annual ISA allowance in one go, that's still another £115.20? Or another 0.5% if you spread by regular investment. Or am I reading it wrong?
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    I have made the changes to the first page mentioned in the posts above by koru and me.

I expect that more providers of ISAs with unit trusts and OEICs will make changes over the next few months. They have to switch to clean funds for new purchases by April 2014 and switch old funds by April 2016.

Happy New Year to all of you!!!

SS2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family