Low cost Stocks & Shares (Investment) ISAs: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Bigadaj. The L&G direct......how can I tell if a fund has a clean version? Can they be transferred to new provider and "cleaned up"?
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Thanks Bigadaj. The L&G direct......how can I tell if a fund has a clean version? Can they be transferred to new provider and "cleaned up"?

I believe you need to look at the share classes and then look on trustnet possibly for the different classes and their pricing. This should be available through the new holder though whether they hold all classes, and how much they charge for conversion is something that you'd need to consider.
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Bigadaj wrote:
    I believe you need to look at the share classes and then look on trustnet possibly for the different classes and their pricing. This should be available through the new holder though whether they hold all classes, and how much they charge for conversion is something that you'd need to consider
    I would agree with that. For example, I am looking at whether to switch to IWeb, so I have gone to their website and then found the page with details on which funds I can invest in through them. This includes the annual management fee on the right hand side of the chart but misses some small additional charges that the fund manager makes, so for the total cost, also known as total expense ratio (TER) or overall charging figure (OCF), I have then gone to the details on each fund on trustnet.com.

koru wrote:
    According to the langcat, BestInvest uses SEI's platform:
    http://langcatfinancial.co.uk/2014/0...st-slink-back/

Good summary of current position and some interesting info in this FT article:
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0ad5823a-8...#axzz2s44nQuLX
    Thanks for posting that koru. I find those articles interesting and helpful. I am going to add links to them at the end of the introduction on post 1 on this thread. As for the BestInvest platform, I changed it to Cofunds based on your previous post and I think I should leave it like that as I believe that SEI and Cofunds are collaborating (see this page) and I think more people (myself included) have heard of Cofunds.

I see from those articles that rplan has announced its new charging structure. I cannot see it on the rplan website but I can see in articles, such as this one, that rplan are going to charge 0.35% per annum with no transfer penalties or account fees, matching Fidelity's deal. Furthermore, existing customers will only be charged 0.25% p.a. I will update this in post 2 right now.

SS2
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    I have now also added in an entry in post 2 regarding going to Fidelity direct if you have £250,000 or more as this is cheaper than going via Cavendish.

SS2
  • koru
    koru Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As for the BestInvest platform, I changed it to Cofunds based on your previous post and I think I should leave it like that as I believe that SEI and Cofunds are collaborating (see this page) and I think more people (myself included) have heard of Cofunds.
    Are you confusing II and BI? I posted that II uses Cofunds, and you have reflected that. But post 2 still says BI has its own platform, but it would seem that they use SEI (which might also be linked with Cofunds, as you say). Not that I think it really matters.
    koru
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    koru, as usual, you are spot on. I have just updated the BI entry accordingly. The reason I have been leaving the platform information in that it is easy to move from one Cofunds provider to another - you just fill in a change of agent form. I have done this before and it was incredibly quick and easy.

I have also added AXA Self Investor in to post 2. Although they are relatively uncompetitive with a charge of 0.5%, they have are offering new customers no charges until 1st May 2015 and free transfer out.

SS2
  • koru
    Options
    koru, as usual, you are spot on. I have just updated the BI entry accordingly. The reason I have been leaving the platform information in that it is easy to move from one Cofunds provider to another - you just fill in a change of agent form. I have done this before and it was incredibly quick and easy.
    It should be quick, but when I transferred from Cavendish Cofunds to II it took about 6 months!
    koru
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Oh dear, I had heard transferring out of Cofunds could be tricky but that is quite some time to transfer. The advantage of changing agents but remaining on the same platform was that it only took about 1 week and my funds and platform remained unchanged.

SS2
  • koru
    Options
    Oh dear, I had heard transferring out of Cofunds could be tricky but that is quite some time to transfer. The advantage of changing agents but remaining on the same platform was that it only took about 1 week and my funds and platform remained unchanged.

SS2
    Either Cavendish or II cocked up. II claimed to have sent the request three times. Cavendish claimed not to have seen any of them.
    koru
  • bigsy
    bigsy Posts: 178 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2014 at 7:10AM
    Options
    Post #28 in the iWeb thread at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4865441&page=2 states that they are dropping their regular investing option, but I cannot confirm this by anything I've found on their website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure