We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Evans DFW Diary - Flybabies in every way!!
Comments
-
Thanks hypno,
I like to post on here so I can reflect from time to time, reading back makes me see how far we have come. Some things are just unfortunately beyond our control and it's how we deal with them that makes the difference.
We've cut back our shopping budget this week so we can already reduce the overdraft by £30, every little helps (no, we didn't go to Tesco!).
Evans. xoxDFW Nerd 3570 -
So...
We are doing very badly at becoming DFWs. We've had a huge Gass bill in, as we changed suppliers and that's added 2 months onto our DFD, and then I got a Littlewoods bill in, forgetting that last year I put some stuff on BNPL, and it was too big and I have had to pay it on the EVIL CC, which was clear up until then. GRRRR. Ifeel so down today. It just seems our DFD is getting further and further away,instead of closer!
Evans. xox
DFW Nerd 3570 -
Hey there, join the club - I have had to amend my signature to show that my DFD has got 2 months further away too. I was gutted! My debt has INCREASED by over £1000 this month :eek:
A trip over to the old style board is needed for both of us I think!Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)0 -
We'll go together!! Luckily for now, my sig doesn't need updating til the end of the month, when it'll be at least £500 over, then next month when the evil CC comes in. I'm so gutted, it was bloody clear too!DFW Nerd 3570
-
Grrrrr @ evil snowball!! Well not so evil snowball, more evil gas bill and stupidty at BNPL last year!!
Ah well snowball, spreadsheet, spending diary and what not all updated and we're stil on track this month. Next month should be a huge overpayment of £200 to Oh's Mum, so that's triffic. And I'm gonna diet, diet diet this week cos my work trousers are tight again (they wasn't last week).
DFW Nerd 3570 -
Still on track - that is pretty good considering how it could have been!
Good luck with the diet this week!Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)0 -
Thought I'd post a mission for next month, as I did it earlier in my thread, and I quite like it.
So..... Bills to be paid.
New Look 4.29
GE Money 4.00
My Next 32.94
OH's Next 75.21
Littlewoods 99.84
Lloyds 30.95
Capital One 23.28
Vanquis 25.00
Additions 8.50
EDF 50.00
OH's Mum 219.00 (overpayment :T)
Hypon has made me promise to sort out the kids toys for ebaying!! So ad that on too.
And lose at least 4lbs, but aiming for 8lbs. Not spend a huge amount when we go to edinburgh on the 16th (Pink concert, birthday treat for OH, all budgeted for)DFW Nerd 3570 -
It is Hypno, but I had to have a major budget reshuffle, throws me all off course!! Add to that we're having a benefit review next week, our 8th in 16 months, 'is it cos we is gay' :rolleyes:. Anyways, I don't argue with them anymore, just let them do whatever, usually they stop the benefits for a few weeks while they recalculate it for some obscure reason and then end up giving us more money anyway.
DFW Nerd 3570 -
Well, at least you may be able to get more money out of it at the end of the day!
The problem (well, not the only one!) with this DFW lark is the constant re-jigging. There is always someone moving the goalposts, and it sure ain't me!Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)0 -
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards