We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Evans DFW Diary - Flybabies in every way!!

1235789

Comments

  • crawley_girl
    crawley_girl Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hiya Evans

    Just wanted to say how sorry I was when I read about your attack. There are some nasty !!!!!!s about. Hope the injuries heal swiftly and you aren't in too much pain

    :heartpuls CG :heartpuls
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks CG,

    I'm actually a bit worried, I just tried to look up my nose (gross I know) and there seems to be a bit of a cut up there caused by my septum rubbing on my nostril (I know you are loving these gory details), I'm not sure I can put up with this discomfort until Wednesday. To add to my strees, I just don't get Globalization and want to hurl my textbooks at the fire!!!

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • Seaxwyn
    Seaxwyn Posts: 4,896 Forumite
    HI Evanesco

    I've just read this and heard about your assault - how awful, you poor things. I hope that you and your partner are recovering well from the shock - and that your nose will soon be on the mend.

    Well done on the debt busting too
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62



  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    You'd think wouldn't you, that with me off work I'd be well ahead with my studying.....

    You'd think wrong, I can think of too many things that I need to do more:D

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,022 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    evans just been catching up with your thread really sorry to hear about your attack some people are just small minded...can you claim injuries? hope your nose is a bit better today
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi Elantan,

    I've been told I can claim Criminal Injuries Compensation by a friend of mine who was mugged last year, but it is a lengthy process so I need to get my paws on a good solicitor. It looks like it could be at least £5,000 because of the injuries I sustained.

    My nose....I can't take the brace of to wash it, and it's getting smelly...not attractive!! It's feeling better today though, not rubbing as much.

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Evening DFW's,

    My nose still smells, and the bottom of it still hurts, but that's got nothing to do with DFW has it!!:D It is otherwise ok, just need to see what the consultant says on Wednesday.

    Anyways, DFW....

    We've overpaid CC2 by £63 (£98 total). Been to court today, Lloyds paid the charges after we'd filed at court, so we're having to go the whole hog to get the statutory interest = £107.00. Also filed an N1 for £229 of charges + interest against HSBC. Picked up my statements from Lloyds (the other account is OH's), so I'll be going through those with my highlighter later.

    Still not very good with our spending diary, we haven't done it for a week. Well it's written down, just not put onto the spreadsheet yet. I'll do it after I've washed up....

    Updated snowball too, we've knocked a month off our DFD, even though I've had to reduce our snowball amount by £40.:T Not sure how much we'll be able to snowball next month, I (stupidly) switched suppliers for Gas + Elec, didn't even go through Quidco or anything. I nearly kicked myself, but I was badgered at the door when I was feeling not-so-hotso, so there'll be some final bills.

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Well I didn't need my highlighter as there wasn't any on it!! That's twice I've done that, I did it with Natwest too!! :rolleyes:

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    hi - remember you can always cancel within the cancellation period with the new suppliers and have a look a what would be the best to swap to (using quido if possible of course!)

    Sea xx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

    2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks Sea, I've sorted it now. I've got to stay where I've moved to as I'm out of the cancellation period, but only for 28 days, then I'll swop.

    Anyway, I've been looking at the next few months and we've got to pay our rent twice in June, as we pay 4 weekly. So I've played with our budget sheet and decided to shuffle things about and pay 6 weeks rent in May and again in June. This leaves us really short both months, no spare money at all. We've got some bank charges due to come in in the next month. I think rather than throwing them at a debt, we should bank them for those 2 months, otherwise something wouldn't get paid. We'll just have to make minimum payments on everything those months. Even if we threw the money at the CC, it would clear it, but we still wouldn't have enough money to pay all the utilities those 2 months. Or I could knuckle down and do loads of Mystery Shopping in the next couple of months to cover the shortfalls. Oh, I'm not sure what to do for the best. It would be great to have the CC clear. On another thought my brother has ordered from my catalogue, which he is giving me at the end of the month, I could also bank that for the shortfall months, as it's mainly that which has pushed up the minimum payments, and even paying it straight away it won't reduce them by much. Something about the way they work out the minimum payments, they're spread over 20 weeks. Now I'm thinking I should throw all the money at the debts and just shuffle for those 2 months. Because what would be behind is the council tax, which we can easily catch up on throughout the rest of the year. Thoughts, anyone?!

    That aside I'm going to call the water company and council to get the bills done 12 monthly instead of 10, now do I wait for the bills and ask them to be recalculated when they come in or do I ring them before they send them out?

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.