We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Evans DFW Diary - Flybabies in every way!!

1246789

Comments

  • Tondella
    Tondella Posts: 934 Forumite
    Hi evanesco, it's good to see how you are getting on, and great news that the bank charge refunds are helping to get rid of some of the debts.

    take heart from the fact that, although you have spent your allowance already, you are overspent by less than last month. Becoming a money-saving expert doesn't all happen at once, it's a matter of slowly retraining yourself into better spending habits

    I too have often put aside float money only to start spending into it. I find physically withdrawing it from the bank at the start of the month and putting it away in my piggy bank helps - i soon forget it is there and it doesn't get spent except for its genuine purpose.
    Debt Oct 2005: £32,692.94
    Current debt: £14,000.00
    Debt free date: June 2008
  • Yayyyyyyyy!!!

    Got a letter from OH's bank, they're paying up the full charges, £440.00, however, we have already filed an N1 at court and that adds on over £100.00 in interest, so I'm trying to get through to them and request that too, else I shall continue with my court claim.

    Booooooooo!!!

    Got a letter from CC compnay, they're charging us as we went over last month. Basically we went on the train to see OH's family and her Debit card wouldn't accept the transaction, despite being in credit. So had to use CC. And instead of being DFW and paying it as soon as we got home, I forgot, and we've been charged, our own fault, nuffin we can do.:confused:

    Nevermind, it'll be clear and closed within the next week. With the bank charges and the scheduled overpayment, it makes £631.45, the card has a balance of £521.87, so an unexpected overpayment of £109.58 on CC 2 will be on it's way too. I can't wait for the end of the month to do my snowball and see how much closer this brings our DFD.:T

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • Transferred the money, when it clears into my account it's going to be paid straight off the CC, I'm really proud of us, we faultered a bit over the weekend, but eventually made the right decision.

    We're requesting judgement for the interest on the 26th, so that, as said will help. I'll just updated the snowball, with all it's new fandagley features and our DFD is reduced by 2 months, even though there are still a couple of payments to be added on. I can't add them yet as I need to wait until they've been processed so I can see how much interest we've been charged on them.

    On another, more somber note, I went through my CC statement and realised we've been charged 2 months for something we forgot to cancel, that'll be the overlimit reason, not the train tickets as we previously thought. I've cancelled them today so that's better.

    Does anyone know, when clearing a card, should you include the estimated interest for next month? I'm not sure how this works and want it to be clear, but don't want it to be in credit, that's not going to earn me anything!!

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • Yayyyy!!!

    I just cleared CC1!! That's 2 debts gone this month!!!

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • ~evanesco~ wrote:
    Yayyyy!!!

    I just cleared CC1!! That's 2 debts gone this month!!!

    Evans. xox

    well done, what a great feeling it must be!
    Debt Oct 2005: £32,692.94
    Current debt: £14,000.00
    Debt free date: June 2008
  • Thanks Tondella, it does!!

    On a more somber note, I was very seriously attcked on Saturday night. My injuries amount to 2 black eyes, a broken nose, my cheek being glued and a thick lip. Some awful woman attcked me and my GF, we think it's because we're gay. She got ejected from the nightclub we were in and informed us she would be waiting outside, which she was. She then threw my GF on the floor when she tried to defend me and smashed my face into some shutters of a cafe, knocking my out and causing the injuries, my cheek got cut falling onto a broken bottle on the floor. I can't remember diddleysquat about it, so I don't know how I'm going to identify her, I'm going on friday to look at photos. The police have taken pictures of my injuries, and a statment from my sister-in-law. I'm going back to hospital tomorrow to see what they can do about my nose.

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hello DFW's!!

    I'm feeling alot better. I've had an op and had a nose brace put on, I may have to go back for another to try and move my septum, since it's pushing my left nostril out and causing me some discomfort. Fortunately I am eligible for sick pay, so as long I remember to get my sick note back dated at my next out-patients appointment it'll be ok. I'll be off work until at least the 14th. I'm due 2 weeks holiday from 22nd, so If my other op falls before then I won't be back at work until 3rd April.

    Anyways, budgeting is going alot better so far. There has been a credit on one of our Next accounts of £110.00, a dispute that has been carrying on for months, which was finally settled. There will also be a credit on our Littlewoods catalogue, as I've had to return a faulty Nintendo DS, which will credit us with £164.00, the new one costing only £119.00. I know I could get a cheaper one, but we haven't got the spare funds to buy one and I need to replace it as it was DD's birthday present. Downside is, it'll take until June to be delivered, unless I order her a different coloured one, I guess I'll ask her later what she wants me to do.

    So with the few payments due in the next couple of weeks, we now owe less than £5,000.00. That's a great feeling, even better than actually being able to delete accounts from our debt spreadsheet!!

    Have a good day DFW's.

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Evans!
    How awful about the assault - how have the police been? My mum is a lesbian and we got serious harrassment and vandelism where we used to live when I was growing up (you know the type, broken windows, dog poo under the door handle). The police didn't take it seriously - hate crimes weren't really recognised then. I do hope it's going ok with them.

    Your injuries sound terrible - poor you. I think it's great that the debt war is going great guns though, agree about the spreadsheets! I;m addicted to my budget one, as well as the ebay, amazon etc profit ones! :)

    Keep us updated and I hope you heal quickly. Fortunately my mum has never been seriously attacked, just a black eye - she picked me up from primary school with it and I was so mortified I made her buy a Christmas tree and CARRY it in front of her face!! People thought she was a domestic violence victim (common in the area I grew up in).

    Stay strong and good luck with the hospital.

    Sea xxx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

    2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks for your comments Sea.

    it is awful I know. We've never suffered any kind of harrassment before. I think this was just the wrong place at the wrong time. That's awful about your Mum. I've avoided taking my daughter to school, don't want to many questions from the buggy parade:rolleyes:.

    I'm feeling very down, the discomfort my septum is causing is worse than the pain of the op. I'm sure things will be ok soon.

    I love my spreedsheets, I've got a super-fandagley budget one, I adore it. It shows the percentage of my income that is being spent on each area of outgoings and whether each actual payment is under or over budget. I've got a template if anyone would like one, though it's not perfect and sometimes needs a bit off shuffleing, but always works, a little knowledge of spreadsheets is needed to shuffle it. A daily spending one, don't adore this one so much :D. And a debt one. I'm going to have a play with the one that's been floating around on the DFW board for the past few days, it's got a bar chart:j.

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Eurgh.....

    Yup, another one of those days!!! At least with me looking like an extra from Buffy I'm not going out and spending any money I guess:rolleyes:.

    Nothing to add on the DFW front though, no changes today.

    Have fun my fellow DFW's.

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.