We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Evans DFW Diary - Flybabies in every way!!

1234689

Comments

  • Running_man
    Running_man Posts: 142 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Quick question>If you are serious about not wasting money why do you buy ciggies?
    Bad for health bad for finance
    You really are letting money go up in smoke.

    Know it is difficult to give up (been there done it.In my case cigars.And only started smoking them to cut down on ciggies.Been quit now for years)
    Remember only people who say money doesn't matter have already got enough :think:
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Quick question>If you are serious about not wasting money why do you buy ciggies? We spend £10 a week on tobacco/papers & filter tips for 2 off us, this is a serious cut0back from £50 a week on cigs.
    Bad for health bad for finance
    You really are letting money go up in smoke.

    Know it is difficult to give up (been there done it.In my case cigars.And only started smoking them to cut down on ciggies.Been quit now for years)

    To be quite honest, we don't actually want to give up smoking, it is something we enjoy, we've given up quite a lot allready!!

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • Running_man
    Running_man Posts: 142 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Ah but does the ciggie get accompanied by a drink or two?

    They for some reason seem to go very well together lol
    Remember only people who say money doesn't matter have already got enough :think:
  • plonker
    plonker Posts: 61 Forumite
    Not if you don't drink....

    :p
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Ah but does the ciggie get accompanied by a drink or two?

    They for some reason seem to go very well together lol

    No they don't! We have a few drinks on a Friday with some friends, at one of our houses. All this is budgeted for too.

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    hi- don't get behind in the council tax - I would save the charges (if you have them by then) and use them to cover your essentials. Anything left after the two months can then be put into debt. I really wouldn't mess about with the council tax as it's a priority debt/outgoing and your cc aren't.

    I have tried doing the water and council tax over 12 motnhs but they wouldn't let me and I think IA had the same experience the other day too. I do hope they do in your area.

    Sea xx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

    2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Sea78 wrote: »
    hi- don't get behind in the council tax - I would save the charges (if you have them by then) and use them to cover your essentials. Anything left after the two months can then be put into debt. I really wouldn't mess about with the council tax as it's a priority debt/outgoing and your cc aren't.

    I have tried doing the water and council tax over 12 motnhs but they wouldn't let me and I think IA had the same experience the other day too. I do hope they do in your area.

    Sea xx

    Thanks Sea,

    My council are pretty good about the Council Tax, so long as it's paid up within the year they're ok about it. I'll ring them and tell them that I've got a couple of short months and will be making underpayments, but that I'll make up th difference with overpayments in the months that follow.

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Not DFW, an update on my assault....

    I wnet to see the consultant on Wednesday, I've got to go and have a full nasal operation in June. I don't think it's a 'nose job' as in I can't say 'can I have a nose like Angelina Jolie'. But they are going to do what they can to straighten it out. Swelling and brusing have almost gone and I returned to work on Thursday.

    I received a letter from the police today saying they didn't have enough evidence and there was nothing else they could do. This really upset me. There are CCTV camera's in the nightclub where the initial attack started, and we went to the beach today and there are at least 2 CCTV camera in the area where the actual attack took place. My brother was also on the phone to the police after she had attacked me, following her, describing this woman to the officers, who could clearly see my brother as they described what he was wearing.

    Anyway, when we got off the bus, there's a bar, and we've been told that the woman works in this bar, and there was a woman who fits the description, and looked like her. So, my GF and 1 of our friends has gone to the bar now to see if it is her. I've just got a text off them and we now also have a name and my GF says it is her. So I've rang the police and they are looking into it again.

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • ~evanesco~
    ~evanesco~ Posts: 814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Evening DFW'ers,

    We kinda feel off the wagon a little. Bought the kids some shoes out the catalogue, realised the credit card was linked to my paypal account, bought some stuff off e-bay, extended the overdraft (but, we had to as my wages were £200 short because of the time off from the attack).

    Mission this month:

    Have to pay six weeks rent (rents paid 4 weekly and it works out to pay twice in June, so we're spreading it out over the 2 months of May and June).

    No overpayments, there isn't enough money left after the above.

    Ring new utilities supplier with the new readings, must do this tomorrow.

    Submit AQ for final lot of bank charges, this is going to get swallowed up with the final bills from the old supplier.

    Go to the council, I had a newsletter in December saying LHA rates had increased by £2.50, but this isn't reflected in my April update.

    Stick to Budget!! (We don't really have a choice on this one, as said, no spare money and the CC's are in my friends freezer)

    Cancel my CC linked to paypal.

    That'll do for now.:D

    Evans. xox
    DFW Nerd 357
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    hi there, only just read your thread - I don't know how I have missed it up til now!

    Anyway, hope you are feeling better in yourself re your injuries, and don't worry about things having gone a little awry over the last few weeks dfw wise. Overall you are still reducing the debt and the main thing is to think of the situation that you could have been in had you not made these DFW changes.

    Think positively, climb back on that wagon, and see those debts reducing!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.