April 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 29 March 2011 at 10:35AM in Old Style MoneySaving
966 replies 80.5K views

Replies

• meanmariemeanmarie Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another €12.05 spent to-day....really need to sit down and write a meal plan, seem to be running away with myself...find when I do small shops there is chaos and an overspend....not allowing myself to do that anymore!!

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • sistercas wrote: »
    we have a company shop near us, its fab i go about once every couple of months and stock up on meat , toiletries,yoghurts, sweets :o and any other offers they have :D

NSD today , we are going out for a meal but that is from another budget

Popped up on bus today need toilet rolls so was in and out as only 20 minutes to get the bus back they have whiterose organic baked beans 24p from 61p and score 10 at supermarket own brand guide sold off as packaging changing. will have a closer look on Thursday.
    It's only rock and roll but I like it.
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I have had to rethink my Grocery Budget, as I have had a change for the income due to DS dropping out of college. So radically have to rethink things. So my budget is now going to have to be £100 for the rest of the month.
    I did have a delivery of a few bits just at the end of march from Approved Foods, that we can take on our break next week, but where i had hoped to be eating out in the evenings, I am going to have to revise it, and make a few of the evening meals as well as the breakfast and lunches! But I am not going to let DS ruin my holiday. We can still have fun.
    (Well he cannot he is not part of it, DGD and I are going with a friend and her family).
    Talking of holiday, I will have to make my list of what we need to take, and get organised to pack. My car is very little so DGD's bike is going to have to go in my friends car.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • KitchenbunnyKitchenbunny Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon! Just popped on to add another spend - £10.66 at Mr M again, on some more bits I needed but had forgotten yesterday. I'll update my sig now. Have a good one!

KB xx

• minnie2minnie2 Forumite
    513 posts
    ok quick question!!! what shopping is comparitable within the mr t and mr a price war? is it just branded products?
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    minnie2 wrote: »
    ok quick question!!! what shopping is comparitable within the mr t and mr a price war? is it just branded products?

theres a list in the grabits today i got chicargo town pizza, tesco roasties, aquafresh toothpaste,magnums and tissues, it does seem to mainly be branded treats and smellies instead of real food
    OCT GC £196.12/£200
  • tigerfeet2006tigerfeet2006 Forumite
    14K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another NSD here today.

We had a creamy vegatable korma for dinner tonight. DH and I loved it as did my 2 littlies but my eldest one was disgruntled as there was no meat :D
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • jumblejackjumblejack Forumite
    6.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feeling pretty pleased with this saving malarky. Had a no spend weekend as I am all stocked up on meat, etc. I have also had 3 meatless days. Yesterday was quiche (using up the egg whites left over from
    making my semolina). Today was leftover stew plate pie (I know it has meat but it was a pull from the freezer and defrost kinda thing!). The pastry was left over from yesterday's quiche (when making pastry, I do LOADS!). We had it with root mash n gravy Tomorrow we are having cheese pie (using the pastry AGAIN and the rest of the root mash mixed in with cheese n extra seasoning , topped with yet more cheese!!!)
    For pud today, I got the last 3 wedges of chocolate crunch from the freezer and I made chocolate custard to go with it. Yum, yum!!

I'm feeling quite content, having looked after the family very well and saving LOADS from no unnecessary spending!!!!

Mind you, I am spending £39.99 tomorrow on a kitchen trolley which is going to live in the spot that the laundry basket used to live! It is currently waiting for a freecycler to pick up. I reckon that the space could be utilised much better than a second laundry bin. Our kitchen is only 2m x 3m. No room for a kitchen door even. The back door cannot be used as that is where our fridge freezer lives!
    Ah well, money well spent as now our pans have a better place to live too!
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • freakyogrefreakyogre Forumite
    1.5K posts
    £3.00 in Asda today - a pineapple, 4 x yogurts and 3 x bags of sweets for my train journey at the weekend.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • nipped in to mr Ts for some flour and walked out with some great whoopsies
    2boxes of 10 eggs for 40p each not even out of bb date till next tues
    7 cans of deoderant for 79p (for all 7 cans :D)
    satsumas for 49p

giggled as i walked past a lady on the self service who had at least 10 boxes of the eggs who was busy scanning her vouchers but hey im proud to be saving money i dont mind going thru a manned checkout.

so a grand spend of £3.46 and i was down to my last egg anyhows lol
    HSBC [STRIKE]£3223.20[/STRIKE] £2060.00
    Cap1 [STRIKE]£1724.91[/STRIKE] £1782.00
    OD [STRIKE]£939.78[/STRIKE] £200.00
    No 49 of £2012 in 2012.. £645.10 so far & Crazy Clothes £14.09/£100.00 ReducingtheToiletryStash2012 UU12/IN 20 March Grocery 0.00/£65.00 & LbsNot£s Lost 14Lbs