IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Options

Comments

• Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Shouldn't Smithy be paying the damages to the landowner and not some 3rd party whom "manage" the car-park, after-all it was the landowner whom suffered the damages ;)
  • robredz
    robredz Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    Shouldn't Smithy be paying the damages to the landowner and not some 3rd party whom "manage" the car-park, after-all it was the landowner whom suffered the damages ;)

Well yes that should be the case, but the ppc will pocket the lot, unless the landowner sues the ppc they have let loose they will see diddly squat of any money, whilst they are allowed free reign on a car park.
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Not necessarily.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options
    Sincere apologies to Smithy for ever doubting him.

Def the best news ever .

Is it possible to post a scan of the transcript of what the judge said , particularly the bit about the claim being for an unenforceable penalty ..we'd all love to read that !!!:beer:
  • petal1
    petal1 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options

The PPC are the landowners agents, and are presumably appointed to act on behalf of the land owners under whatever terms the two parties have agreed.

You don't have a dog and bark yourself.
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    What happened with the landowner contract Smithy?
  • smithy2121
    Options
    Alexis, I requested at the moment I was allowed to speak and they gave me a letter from the landowner saying that they had the right to police the car park how they wanted etc.

Sirdan, Apology more than accepted, I am not sure how I can get a transcript of what the judge said, is that even possible?

Smithy
  • Sirdan
    Options
    smithy2121 wrote: »
    Alexis, I requested at the moment I was allowed to speak and they gave me a letter from the landowner saying that they had the right to police the car park how they wanted etc.

Sirdan, Apology more than accepted, I am not sure how I can get a transcript of what the judge said, is that even possible?

Smithy

I believe you are entitled to a copy as you are a party to the proceedings, however I think you still have to pay for it :(

You may find those with a vested interest willing to assist both in how you apply (I believe there is a specific County Court form) and the cost ...Pepipoo probably the best place to float it ..
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.mkts.co.uk/cccalc.shtml

Looks like it could be rather expensive!

£140.40 for a one hour hearing!:(
  • Sirdan
    Options
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    http://www.mkts.co.uk/cccalc.shtml

Looks like it could be rather expensive!

£140.40 for a one hour hearing!:(

Ok so maybe not a full transcript ..but surely either party is entitled to a summary of the judgement ..we've seen them posted here before.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure