IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Options

Comments

• halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    First of all, congrats and well done to Smithy for sticking through it, and especially for putting up with the crap at the start of this thread (I don't recall but if any of that was from me, then I humbly apologise)

Couple of things

1) Seeing as you offered £10 in mediation (the 2 x £5), how did that not go in your favour?

2) This Pannone crowd. Is this a real thing, or is a fake Graham White/Roxburge thing. ie Does Perky (where are you, by the way? This is technically a win isn't it?) really have to fork out £5000, or is this basically a fake invoice (much like their tickets)
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • smithy2121
    Options
    halibut,

Some of it probably was from you, I took it from all angles to be fair so wouldn't worry too much, apology more than accepted.

Unfortunately by the time of the mediation PE had already had to pay some of the charges. They are allowed to claim £50 solicitors costs as well as a mediation fee and a court fee. I have offered to cover these on various occassions but apparently too late and as I was not forthcoming with any evidence to the contrary the judge decided to award them the costs.

In regards to point 2, I can only assume they are real, I did receive a lot of emails and correspondence from Pannone and they would be playing a risky game making them up and giving them to the judge. Lets hope they do have to pay £5000, the stress and worry they have caused me I hope it bankrupts them!
  • bounderboy
    Options
    Well Done Smithy - you should get some compensation for all the messing around they put you through..!!

Good luck
  • Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    Options
    Pannones are a real firm. Do a search on Hugh Jones, Pannone and see what other tricks they allegedly get up to.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    I believe that "Hugh Jones Pannone OPG" may well be better search terms for the item to which trebor alludes.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    smithy2121 wrote: »
    The judge ruled that the £240 was a penalty, and that the actual amount I owe is £15 (2 x £5 fees and 2 x £2.50 to get details from DVLA). That is their only loss from me not paying on the days in question.

Well done, Smithy, for seeing this through. It takes some determination to fight these bullies.

Does the judgement go on public record somewhere that is accessible? Although it is stated that one case does not set a precident in these cases, it would be a good ine to refer to, and to use should anyone else find themselves in a similar position. Should the advice be to ignore tickets (as before) until court papers are received, at which point one should formally offer to pay for losses (if it's a pay car park) + DVLA fee? Of course this would remain as zero for a free car park!
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Options
    If smithy wants to post up some proof of his court case along with a paypal, I will contribute £10 to his costs for fighting and winning, I am sure we can have a whip round and soon put him back in pocket ?
    He has fought for us all and scored an important victory, that ppc can only claim for actual losses of not paying for parking.
    An important victory, just hope they are stupid enough to appeal it and loose that so it becomes case law.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trebor16 wrote: »
    I'm sure the judge will be very interested to hear how Pannones are trying to claim that another county court case is setting a precedent, in what is an obvious attempt to intimidate you.

Did this get mentioned?
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    Trebor16 wrote: »
    I'm sure the judge will be very interested to hear how Pannones are trying to claim that another county court case is setting a precedent, in what is an obvious attempt to intimidate you.
    Yes, indeed. As I posted earlier I think someone failed to clock that the matter was being dealt with on the small claims track and left the meter running on full whack. One wonders whether these boys have ever done scc before?
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • rhythmsoup
    Options
    I have been watching this thread with interest for a long time. I'm very pleased to see this result, congratulations to you smithy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure