Free £15 Boots voucher and Lovefilm DVD rental trial

Options

Comments

• MJF_3
    Options
    I've just followed the link and siged up for the trial but no where can i find any mention of a free £15 voucher from Boots. I've even checked on the Boots website but no mention there either??? It's weird. Can anyone help?
  • rosy
    rosy Posts: 642 Forumite
    Options
    mazzapan wrote:
    Can i just say that the last time boots ran a promotion with lovefilm and offered 750 advantage points for joining i and others never recieved a thing.That promotion was only on just over six weeks ago.
    Same thing happened to me and it took four phone calls and two emails but I did eventually get the points put on by Boots customer services ( initially Booots said all the calls had to go back to Love Film, and that company would arrange to credit the points. I was directed to call centre staff who said they would put them on - and didn't - or who just didn't know what I was talking about, or who said I couldn't get them as I had cancelled ( this is not the case BTW, you get the points for registering, nothing in terms and conditions to say you have to continue with membership ). Persistence paid off in the end. ( Though considering the cost of calls I'm less than £7.50 better off! )
    I would give Boots customer services a call and ask if they would credit it themselves - when they put them on directly for me they were in my account within 24 hours. Also it might be worth letting them know that these do not seem to be isolated cases as I'm sure they wouldn't want to be associated with a company that wasn't honouring their advertised promotion - might help getting points back more quickly.
  • super$averdude
    Options
    Hey I signed up using martins link which put the boots code in and after it accepted my credit card details said I had a 14 Day trial not 21 what gives?
  • NiciD_2
    Options
    mackay78 wrote:
    now that screenselect and lovefilm have merged, does anyone know whether I can apply for this (I had a 9 month subscription to screenselect)

thanks

No you cant. I tried signing up for Lovefilm and got an email back a week later saying my postcode had come up as having signed up for a trial previously with screen select and therefore I was not valid for the Lovefilm free trial.
  • bindiboo
    bindiboo Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    Options
    mine still says awaiting allocation. Ive got 10 titles lined up!!
  • nick1234
    Options
    too much of a hassle to start/cancel a dd and go to the bank to make sure its cancelled etc etc, just for a boots voucher!
  • super$averdude
    Options
    Hey nick1234 you dont need to use dd you can set up using credit card and why would you want to go to the bank personally to cancel/check your dd have you not heard of online banking lol
  • ajo
    ajo Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know

If I use the code BTSSOL15 will I get my units from themutual.net?

Thanks

ajo
  • ronaldmacdonald
    Options
    mazzapan wrote:
    Can i just say that the last time boots ran a promotion with lovefilm and offered 750 advantage points for joining i and others never recieved a thing.That promotion was only on just over six weeks ago.

me neither, bit of a data harvesting scam if you ask me :mad:
  • danielfulshaw
    Options
    OK - so I have now given them what they want ie my cc details and address, etc - now it is aksing for me to order 10 DVD titles - someone on this forum said I only need to choose 6?? Which is correct. And if I choose 6 or 10 - do I have to return them all before my free trial runs out or else be hit with a deduction on my card? Does anyone have a phone number for them too as sending e-mails is useless. Thanks
    ps. has anyone actually got the Boots voucher yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure