The Giving up/ Cutting down Alcohol support thread- number 10

Options

Comments

• appletree4
    appletree4 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Oh honey. Big hugs to you. We are here for you anytime you need to offload xx

mrsrainman wrote: »
    6.10pm - I get home from work and am faced with glazed eyes and slurring words

6.45pm - I loose my temper :mad:

6.50pm - Following a rant to justify why he's drunk 2 bottles wine he stomps off to bed.

Not been seen since. Guess the dinner will go in the bin

Sorry for the negative post, just need to vent!!

xx

P.S. Well done to all the AFD's. Keep up the good work :T
  • rachelww1
    rachelww1 Posts: 680 Forumite
    Options
    1 more for me please Shaggy bringing me to target. Going to my weekly bingo tonight, but after sundays 'episode' I think I'll stick to OJ. Well done everyone on your AF days, and thank you for your support. Could you put my target at 16 for April please Shaggy.
    LBM Dec 10. Total unsecured debt £41176 :eek: Nov 12 Debt Free Thanks Mum x RIP x

2013 Savings £250
    2013 OP £3500
  • lotti379
    lotti379 Posts: 787 Forumite
    Options
    One more last night, on to 12! Shall I go for 14 and another prize? I think I might... :)
    “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.”

NSD Challenge: August 2017 2/15
  • mrsrainman
    mrsrainman Posts: 304 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Rant all you like MrsR and I'm sending you this:grouphug: Has your Oh always been like this or is it more recent?

I've managed another AF tonight, so that makes

12AF for March please Shaggy

I'll be awol tomorrow, having a day/night out with my friend but will definitely be back Wednesday.

He's been like it for as long as i've known him. And from talking to one of his friends he's always had "issues". I knew he was a drinker before we got together, but I guess you don't find out what it's really like until you live with that person.
    Anyway. Today is a new day. And it will be a better day!!

RachelWW1 - Hope you're feeling better from your "episode". Don't let it drag you down. Being able to view it from the other side I can honestly say that your family will always forgive, especially when they see you making an effort.

Mrs R xx
    Halifax CC - £6725.99 ;Tesco CC - [STRIKE]£582.49 [/STRIKE] Transferred to MBNA
    MBNA CC - £1944.41
    Xmas Saving Card £33.50
    Holiday Spending Money £180
    Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of
  • Chloris
    Chloris Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    21 AFD for me please!

I ended up having 3 glasses of wine Sunday night, which frankly isn't a lot I know. But Monday I had an awful day. No hangover, just the grumpiness and depressed feeling that I get after drinking. I am seriously thinking I need to stop completely. I don't have a drink problem. But I don't respond to it positively IYSWIM. Which is a shame because I like a drink:rotfl:.

Mrsrainman, I really feel for you. Honestly, it touches a few raw nerves with me. I wish you strength.
  • mrsrainman
    mrsrainman Posts: 304 Forumite
    Options
    Chloris wrote: »
    21 AFD for me please!

I ended up having 3 glasses of wine Sunday night, which frankly isn't a lot I know. But Monday I had an awful day. No hangover, just the grumpiness and depressed feeling that I get after drinking. I am seriously thinking I need to stop completely. I don't have a drink problem. But I don't respond to it positively IYSWIM. Which is a shame because I like a drink:rotfl:.

Mrsrainman, I really feel for you. Honestly, it touches a few raw nerves with me. I wish you strength.

Chloris - Firstly, well done for the 21 days! :T So don't beat yourself up over the 3 glasses sunday night. My intention would never be to upset anyone. All of your stories on here makes me realise that things can get better, and if he wants to stop, he can. And i hope that having me viewing things from the other side will encourage you guys & gals to keep going with the AFD's.

Don't get me wrong, I would never be anti-drinking. I am really missing my fruit cider at the mo (probably because I know I can't have it :rotfl:), but following an "incident" on a night out about 8 years ago i vowed I would never lose control like that again.

Right, No more negatives posts from me (At least until next month;) :rotfl:)

xx
    Halifax CC - £6725.99 ;Tesco CC - [STRIKE]£582.49 [/STRIKE] Transferred to MBNA
    MBNA CC - £1944.41
    Xmas Saving Card £33.50
    Holiday Spending Money £180
    Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of
  • Lurkio
    Lurkio Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    Options
    *skids in*

*subscribes to thread*

:wave: :wave: :kiss:

*scarpers*

:DNeigh, neigh, and thrice neigh :D
  • Trasijocha
    Trasijocha Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everybody, some tough times going on amongst you all - keep calm and carry on Rachael and Mrsrainman things will get better as long as you dont lose sight of where you want to be wether you are the drinker or living with the drinker.
    Giving up drinking does leave a massive gap but sometimes it can be filled with positive things. Since I havent been drinking I`ve been reading books again (and actually finishing them !), I`m really interested in psychology so I decided to sign up for an Open University psychology course (only a beginners one), I would never ever have had either the inclination or the confidence to do this whilst I was drinking so I`m really excited, to have something to focus on is filling the gap thats left from not drinking.
    28 af days thanks Shaggy and thank you so much for scoring x
  • Rossie_Cheeks
    Options
    Trasijocha wrote: »
    Giving up drinking does leave a massive gap but sometimes it can be filled with positive things. Since I havent been drinking I`ve been reading books again (and actually finishing them !), I`m really interested in psychology so I decided to sign up for an Open University psychology course (only a beginners one), I would never ever have had either the inclination or the confidence to do this whilst I was drinking so I`m really excited, to have something to focus on is filling the gap thats left from not drinking.

Hi can agree with this, I have severely cut down in the last two weeks and already feel much more motivated, I've signed up for a home study course (career change) and have started doing exercise so must keep at it, also feeling much more alert and no sore eyes these morning as I used to have severe RED eye syndrome and makeup just irritated it even more.

This thread is so supportive to.

Rossie
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lurkio wrote: »
    *skids in*

*subscribes to thread*

:wave: :wave: :kiss:

*scarpers*

:wave: Hiya, alright Lurks?