The Giving up/ Cutting down Alcohol support thread- number 10

Options
1486487488489490492»

Comments

• beckseven
    Options
    9 afds for me please shaggy. Going to go through my diary and will check to see how many af days I'm going to pledge for Jan. I have a January birthday so my Jan is never completely af I'm afraid! I never really talk to people about me cutting down the amount I drink-i think I do feel ashamed about it-this year thanks to this thread I've really made sure that I've not drank to excess and embarassed myself-I got trollied at a street party for the Royal Wedding in April and felt ashamed of myself the next day as it was a family affair and I was lurching around with a full glass and horrible red wine smile...urrrgh...feel cringy even thinking about it! Since then I've been so mindful of what i'm drinking at social occasions-either really carefully monitoring how many glasses I have or by just driving.
    HSBC Visa-High interest-£2349.23 Nat West £2605.18
    My Overdraft-£1500
    Barclaycard-1089.77
    Marks and Spencer card- 3331.30 next 92.67
    Total was 11066.29 now £10,968.15
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :santa2:

Just 1 more AFD to report. Just been thinking; there are only 2 days left in December and I have no spirits or liqueurs left over from this christmas - I didn't buy any and I wasn't given any - so I won't have lots of alcohol to "finish" in January! That'll help me have a good start to the new year. I'm sure I've had Baileys, Cointreau and Drambuie left in previous years.

ap_20110722021700566.jpg

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    bigdrinker wrote: »
    a target of 8 for January please Shaggy

welcomewagon.gif Welcome bigdrinker - you will be on the January list. Good Luck. I'm sure as the days pass in January you will identify some interesting things about your relationship with alcohol.

I personally find it much easier if I don't have any alcohol in my flat and I like to drink cadbury's hot chocolate in the evenings - so you might want to find an alternative beverage....

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    welcomewagon.gif Welcome evilsquid - do you want to set an AF (alcohol free) target for January? The target is just the number of days you are hoping not to drink....

Sorry to hear you are unemployed and hope you get luckier in 2012...
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    bigdrinker wrote: »
    Out of interest - is heavy drinking as a problem something that people generally share with their friends and loved ones? I feel too embarassed to speak to anyone about it properly, almost as if it would be showing a big sign of weakness or something - stupid I know!

Nobody around me would ever consider me to have a drink problem - the reason being that I actually don't like drinking large amounts of alcohol/ being drunk. However, I will happily drink 4 units too often which will tot up over a week to more than government recommended limits - so I try to keep a close eye on my units too. I find if I just say to friends & family that I'm keeping an eye on my weekly units most people "get" that.....
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    December :-

reindeer.gif= 7 Days AF

ChristmasTree.gif = 14 days AF

snow-7468.gif= 21 days AF

3f11846fc.gif= 28 days AF

smiley10signzj4.gifHappy-Christmas-Tree-87162.gif= 30 days AF

1santa.gif= target achieved

Bearacus 25/TF
    reindeer.gifChristmasTree.gifsnow-7468.gif
    Beckseven 9/14 reindeer.gif
    Caramelcaron 7/10 reindeer.gif
    Cheezypeas 9/16 reindeer.gif
    Chloris 22/13 reindeer.gif1santa.gifChristmasTree.gifsnow-7468.gif

Gardenanna 6/16
    Happyshopper 14/20 reindeer.gifChristmasTree.gif
    Jevvers 8/12 reindeer.gif

Legsand 6/15
    Mackeroo 14/10 reindeer.gif1santa.gifChristmasTree.gif
    Maman 10/10 reindeer.gif1santa.gif
    May 15/11 reindeer.gif1santa.gifChristmasTree.gif
    Shaggy 16/17 reindeer.gifChristmasTree.gif
    Pricey SOS 20/25 reindeer.gifChristmasTree.gif
    Rachel 8/10 reindeer.gif

Xille 4/13

PLEASE PUT YOUR TARGET AFDs IN A BOLD RED FONT and good luck! (and if I've made any mistakes, don't be shy, please let me know!)

EVERYONE WELCOME
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    January :-

happy-smiley-thumbs.gif = 7 Days AF

smiley-happy0005.gif = 14 days AF

cheerleader-108.gif = 21 days AF

angel-smiley-004.gif = 28 days AF

smiley-score010.gif = 30 days AF

:j = target achieved

Bearacus /TF

Beckseven

Bigdrinker /8

Caramelcaron

Cheezypeas
    /27

Chloris

Gardenanna

Happyshopper

Jevvers

Legsand

Mackeroo

Maman
    /10

May

Shaggy
    /17

Pricey SOS

Rachel

Xille

PLEASE PUT YOUR TARGET AFDs IN A BOLD RED FONT and good luck! (and if I've made any mistakes, don't be shy, please let me know!)

EVERYONE WELCOME
  • shaggydoo
    edited 30 December 2011 at 9:57AM
    Options
    JANUARY 2012

SET YOUR Target_logo.jpg

Everyone Welcome.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    We are nearing 5000 posts so I'm going to ask the mods to lock this thread and I'm starting a new one HERE
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    shaggydoo wrote: »
    We are nearing 5000 posts so I'm going to ask the mods to lock this thread and I'm starting a new one HERE

Done.

Happy new thread for 2012. :)

>>> New Thread.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure