The Giving up/ Cutting down Alcohol support thread- number 10

Options

Comments

• rachelww1
    rachelww1 Posts: 680 Forumite
    Options
    Didn't drink on Saturday bringing me to 13. But yesterday was a different story. I reverted back to being a horrible p****d up person. We went to a christening and then the party afterwards at our local social club. Well the weather was lovely and the drinks were flowing, not free mind, and I reckon we spent over £40. My DH left after a few hours, cos he's sensible, but I stayed behind and carried on. Anyway, at whatever time I got home, I had a row with DS13 as he'd washed the car and I still hadn't put any money on his itunes account. He doesn't live with us and only comes at weekends, and he told me he doesn't want to see me any more and that I was a bad mother. Then I fell asleep on the sofa, and only woke up when I wet it. I didn't want to post this as I'm terrribly embarrassed, but I won't sort it if I don't. I'll ring my son tonight and try to make amends, he left this morning without saying goodbye, while i was still in bed. My DH knows about the sofa, cos when I came down this morning the cushions were against the radiator. He often does this, and rarely says anything. Sitting here at work unable to concentrate and with the hangover from hell. I'd been doing so well this month, and even the times I had been drinking, I'd kept it to one or two. I'll try not to drink for the rest of the month, and I'll think about April later.
    LBM Dec 10. Total unsecured debt £41176 :eek: Nov 12 Debt Free Thanks Mum x RIP x

2013 Savings £250
    2013 OP £3500
  • appletree4
    Options
    Hello my lovelies,

Not had to time yet to read all posts but I will catch up, promise.

Just wanted to say to rachelww1 though, dont be hard on yourself hon. You are doing brill, so today we start again yeah. Kids are the hardest to please, believe me I know!

As for me, went out Friday night, kids were sleeping out. I had a lovely meal, and drank SPARKLING WATER!! I couldnt believe it, had to laugh as its soooo not me on a night out/night off from the kids.

Has alcohol free wine Saturday night, but yesterday took mum to see dad at the hospital then took her out for dinner. I had 2 lager shandy's. Does that count as drink?? If not, then I am now 8 AFD i think :-)
  • appletree4
    Options
    Oooo Targets for April. Hmmm. If I get 25 out of 30 for April Im happy. Got 5 Birthdays in April, and a weekend away. Plus the school holidays start, enough to make anyone drink, lol.

April I hope for 25, please Shaggy :-)
  • maggiesoop
    maggiesoop Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your bad night Rachael. I have a teenage son and I know I've acted disgracefully through drinking too much too. I remember going mental and f*** at him & slamming doors one night over something as simple as not washing the dishes before I came home , which I would NEVER have done stone cold sober.

Please put me down for 12/30 for April. Unfortunately haven't had a AF night since last Wednesday but I've been really sensible and only had 10 units all of last week which is a miracle!
  • TooMany4Legs
    Options
    Hello All!
    Well nose back to the grindstone after a week off work with just one AFD (already added) amongst it! Every day was a low-alcohol day though so not feeling to miffed with myself. If I'm a good girl for the next 4 days I'll still manage my (revised thank you Shaggy!!! :T) target of 10 for March though! Now lets see if I can manage that :cool:

For April, could I please have a target of 15 AFD Shaggy? Hopefully that will be realistic and challenging!

Too Many xx
    :D:D:D:D:D Debt Free as of 26/3/2012 :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I don't often come on to MSE during the day but.....

.......OMG I've booked a beach holiday in August and I am sooooooo fat!!!!! None of my holidays clothes would fit me at the moment so I just have to lose weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I will weigh myself in the morning and start a diet RIGHT NOW. I should be able to lose weight by August 4th.....:eek:

Diets, for me, generally include lots of AFDs. Watch this space :cool:
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • beckseven
    beckseven Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    hello happy monday everyone. Had a quiet weekend now I am feeling better and had a couple of glasses of wine on Saturday. Was afd on Sunday so 14 AFD's for me now please. Well done Mollypolly on being sober for so long. It's so nice to hear inspiring stories. Everyone seems to have done really well this weekend. I hope that when I have a big night out planned I can be a bit more restrained instead of going overboard.
    HSBC Visa-High interest-£2349.23 Nat West £2605.18
    My Overdraft-£1500
    Barclaycard-1089.77
    Marks and Spencer card- 3331.30 next 92.67
    Total was 11066.29 now £10,968.15
  • beckseven
    beckseven Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    Rachelww1 meant to put on my previous post-really sorry you had a bad day yesterday and I know you must be feeling awful today especially as I find drinking makes me really depressed. Don't beat yourself up-todays a new day and a new start.
    HSBC Visa-High interest-£2349.23 Nat West £2605.18
    My Overdraft-£1500
    Barclaycard-1089.77
    Marks and Spencer card- 3331.30 next 92.67
    Total was 11066.29 now £10,968.15
  • Rossie_Cheeks
    Options
    Hello everyone

Had lovely long weekend and even went out for an hour cycle ride yesterday, so felt great after that and really enjoying this lovely weather.

Not been bad on the alocohol front, just a couple of beers oh and couple of glasses of wine.

I would, if I may, like to join the AFD club, I will commit to 3 days this week and at least 16 for the month of April.

Hope everyone feeling good today.

Rossie
  • phoenix_dragon
    Options
    16 AFD for me Shaggy.
    HSBC Credit Card £608.69, HSBC Overdraft: £4123.67, HSBC Loan: £8,270.69
    Lloyds Credit Card: £1418.62, Very Account: £518.99, Barclaycard: £126
    Total Debt as of 9th June 2020: £15066.66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories