PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Super Scrimpers

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 August 2012 at 2:29PM
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    I for one wouldn't wander like a fairy through the woods to pick weeds to eat,
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My mum won't even drink my HM Sloe Gin until AFTER she's seen someone else (preferably ME!) drink it and not collapse, poisoned! She used to be a nurse in A&E and she just doesn't accept I KNOW what Sloes are!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love the programme but those hairgrip earrings? Seriously?!!!
  • black_cat
    black_cat Posts: 703 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Fruball wrote: »
    I love the programme but those hairgrip earrings? Seriously?!!!

The jewellery girl's definitely getting worse!
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    And those wedding reception decorations - gluing some hamster cage bedding onto a coathanger makes it all look beautiful? Is that a euphemism - or post-modern irony?

I think I'd rather stick to 99p earrings from Primark than stick any of that tat with buttons and hairgrips in my ears. Or, more sensibly, stick to proper hypoallergenic jewellery from a piercing place instead of introducing dodgy materials, allergens and bacteria into the piercings all the time.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    My daughter got married last year, and we saved loads of money by using Ebay for favours, bridesmaids pressies, and decorations, even the flowers (silk) were cheaper than anywhere else. My daughters' wedding dress was brand new, and should have cost £1500 but it only cost me £128 including the postage:eek: Mrs Moneypenny never even mentioned ebay, but it's all on there, you just have to do the research!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    b_girl wrote: »
    Did anyone watch this last night? Unless I'm going crazy I'm sure they recycled one of the tips from the other week about putting an elastic band around a paintbrush to get into tough spots when painting.

It was an ok watch but no really useful tips :(

well it is superscrimpers, film once play twice = money saved
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    Options
    And those wedding reception decorations - gluing some hamster cage bedding onto a coathanger makes it all look beautiful? Is that a euphemism - or post-modern irony?

I think I'd rather stick to 99p earrings from Primark than stick any of that tat with buttons and hairgrips in my ears. Or, more sensibly, stick to proper hypoallergenic jewellery from a piercing place instead of introducing dodgy materials, allergens and bacteria into the piercings all the time.

Do the rest of your wedding on £200, they got most of the stuff free, and still went over the £200 proving you couldn't do it that cheaply in the forst place, and that garden last week was horrible.

Cutting a perfectly good t shirt up to make a vest top? Just wear the bleedin' t shirt!! and don't get me started on beads.....make your cardigan day to evening wear by sewing on some tat - i don't think so....
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    Options
    themull1 wrote: »
    Do the rest of your wedding on £200, they got most of the stuff free, and still went over the £200 proving you couldn't do it that cheaply in the forst place

You can. Our wedding cost us nothing - we got married in court in South Africa and didn't feel the need for lots of guests and a reception. Obviously that won't suit everybody :D
  • dazza-mac
    dazza-mac Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    themull1 wrote: »
    Do the rest of your wedding on £200, they got most of the stuff free, and still went over the £200 proving you couldn't do it that cheaply in the forst place, and that garden last week was horrible.

Cutting a perfectly good t shirt up to make a vest top? Just wear the bleedin' t shirt!! and don't get me started on beads.....make your cardigan day to evening wear by sewing on some tat - i don't think so....

I thought it was just me being a grinch but I was a bit gobsmacked when she cut up a t shirt to make a vest!:rotfl:
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2012 at 7:39PM
    Options
    Just watching this now. That couple - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Words utterly fail me.

ETA - No mention of a Performing Rights Society licence for playing the music at the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport