PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Super Scrimpers

Options

Comments

• wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My favourite Till debt do us Part (yup, I'm Canadian) involved a Paris Hilton wannabe and her postie husband. Talk about delusional? If you can find that episode on youtube you'll get a real laugh
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I watched an episode from a few weeks ago (it was the one with the 2 girls who spent £16k a year on 'stuff').

Quite a few tips on using spray paint (spraying bottles, spraying jewellery etc).

Don't they take into account the cost of the spray paint?
    Or do they have numerous cans in varying colours lying about in the garage?
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Don't they take into account the cost of the spray paint?
    Or do they have numerous cans in varying colours lying about in the garage?

They have a few of those ridiculous tips where they don't cost in the initial outlay of the bits and pieces they need to save money. It's like the episode in the second series where they got a husband to make his wife some perfume using essential oils. It would have been cheaper if he'd just gone out and bought her some perfume!
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mmmsnow wrote: »
    She called it a rhinestone. I'm not particularly crafty or jewellery savvy but I knew it was a plastic pearl :D. Surely someone would correct her while they were filming?

Yes. So she did. D'oh!

Thanks for the correction. :beer: Rather spoiled my own rant, though, didn't I by quoting incorrectly? :rotfl: At least diamantes and rhinestones are the same thing.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons: 33 spent, 33 remain.
    4 coupons - 200g Caithness Yarns DK Sedge
    4 coupons - 2 x 100g WYS Signature Sock
    14 coupons - summer coat
    11 coupons - Harris Tweed jacket
  • b_girl
    b_girl Posts: 266 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Did anyone watch this last night? Unless I'm going crazy I'm sure they recycled one of the tips from the other week about putting an elastic band around a paintbrush to get into tough spots when painting.

It was an ok watch but no really useful tips :(

Trying to live a good life on little money :T
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    PipneyJane wrote: »
    What really gets me is the ignorance of the contributors. First, we have the girl mentioned above by Hardpressed then, in last week's episode (watched on Sunday), we have that silly jewelry woman calling a PLASTIC PEARL a "diamante"! :eek: If that was a diamante, woman, then I'm a millionnaire.
    I watched this episode last night.

This girl really is clueless!

I personally couldn't see the point in de-constructing the flower in the first place.

And can't you buy similar brooches in Primark for £1 anyway?
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    My god, some of the tips are useless! B_girl, yes that tip was used a couple of weeks ago.

The tip about the engine oil - garages have to dispose of the oil correctly and probably have to pay for it somehow, so what are we supposed to do?

Did like that tip about doing the legs, not heard that one before, although the announcer before the programme was a bit sexist in saying "no more hairy legs for the ladies" or something similar.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Lindy_-_Loo
    Options
    The hair conditioner on legs (and other bits you may want to shave) really works. Ive done it for years x
    Mum, wife and dinnerlady!
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Here's one for you,how to make good lemonade for about 20p for 2 l...

Take a 2l bottle of ASDA Smart Price fizzy water (17p),drink a glass,top up with ASDA Smart Price Lemon double strength squash (20p) to taste...simples!
  • janeyd2
    janeyd2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    I,m not sure if I am seeing things but weren't they originally loading up standard size pallets? Then when they were being dismantled they seem to have grown much bigger.
    The cartridges for nail guns aren,t cheap either.
    AND I dispute that was a summer house. Won't get much sun in there-it was a shed.
    :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport