PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

os daily Monday 21st March 2011

Options

Comments

• jaxx46
    jaxx46 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All :wave:
    And a beautiful one it is too, the garden is beckoning.
    Not been about much recently so would like to send belated birthday wishes to those I've missed, & to flutterbye for today. Congratulations to those with weight losses :T & those who have had job news, & fingers crossed for those still in limbo.
    Hopefully the arrival of spring will lift all our spirits.
    Am hoping to get the big throws from the beds washed today, have got a towel wash on at the moment which will be going on the line shortly. DW is on & kitchen has been cleaned, DP is home today so he will hoover & mop later. He does have to go & pick up a tyre for the car & pay the rent later tho :( still not as bad as it could have been as he fixed the washing machine at no cost:A
    Right, towels have finished & kettle is whistling so must be time to get on.
    Hugs, spoons & hi5's as needed x
    Hope you all have a Happy Monday

jaxx
    Sometimes not moving backwards is as much an achievement as moving forwards is on other times. (originally posted by kidcat)

It's only a bargain if you were going to buy it anyway!
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    (((hugs))) Bitsy. Hope you feel a bit more up beat now.

Really jealous of those who can get their washing outside. We have no sun in the garden and it is still cold so it doesn't dry.

Just done the washing and now off to do the DW.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Options
    Happy birthday flutterby. xxx

Sitting enjoying a lovely coffee - as OH has taken the boys to school. WM just finished so will put out on the line, DW on and gorgeous weather here - so happy happy happy. Feel absolutely shattered - no idea why.

Chicken korma defrosting from the freezer for tonights tea as I want to start the boys on a gluten / dairy free diet. It might help with my eldests autism / aspergers. So I've been through all the cupboard contents and will be bracing myself for a difficult time as I use up the foods which have gluten / dairy in. I can't afford to be throwing things out. Had a weekend in London - took children to see Mamma Mia - it was very expensive, but worth EVERY penny just to see my youngest (5 yr old) face light up when he realised what the music was! Bless him, even when we were right outside the theatre he didn't have a clue - even when I told him!!! Then went on the London Eye on Saturday and took the children to Hamleys for a look!! I told them it was where Father Christmas shops, and only he is allowed to buy things!

Bought them a special yoyo type toy which I'll put away for Christmas. Have to catch up with the washing now - Waking the dead was a good one last night, so will get ready to do all my ironing in front of it tonight. Oh - thats if we can fix the iron - I blew it up last night!!! just taking the plug out!
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Options
    esmf, so glad that your boys enjoyed their weekend. Really pleased it went well.

Right off to walk to town and have coffee and try and find trainers for my DC3.

Have a good morning all and will chat lunch time.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

MM - I'm must have missed your post. How awful, hugs to you and her family xx
    Miecherox - welcome2.gif
    Flutterby - HSbirthday11.gifEnjoy your pampering :D
    SC- Fingers crossed this end for your job crossfingers.gif
    HH - Keep your head down at work x
    EG - Belated Happy Birthday foryou.gifx
    JO - :T with weight loss
    BB - :T Well done you, I've stopped LC'ing, but am trying to be not so obsessed with food ;) Mind you i did buy the Malteser eggs for £1.00 in Mr S's for a choclate stash, but they still remain unopened ;)
    Julie - :T Well done with weight loss
    Ginto - Enjoy York, My favorite city :D
    ESM - Your w/end sounds fab :D
    Bitsy - Blast some music out to cheer you up :cool:

Glourious here, me and Spike today everyone else has gone to their various places of education. So will whip around the house like a mad thing. Tea is Roast that we didn't eat last night ;).
    Thats it for me....Oh need to make things will be millies cookies i think thanks SC for the link :D.

Have happy days xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Many Thanks for the Birthday wishes

Don't worry about missing it - once you're the other side of 40 don't think it is a major thing :rotfl: good thing was I thought I was 43 then worked out I am 42 :j:o
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good Morning All!
    Birthday Greetings to Flutterby - and belatedly to Essexgirl!!
    Car gone for repair today...4 figure bill in prospect!! It really was only a very little knock too!
    DS still in MHU. has lost filling so needs a dentist. Needs proof he's on benefits. Tells me he's thrown away the letters!! How has an intelligent, capable bloke become like this????? OK I know - alcohol and depression in his case.
    Need to get on top of the paperwork today, and am thinking of all the other things to do which have suddenly become so much more attractive! Wish I could make myself do things in a timely fashion - I know exactly what I should be doing and when - then "talk myself out of it". Then I wonder why I get stressed! It's been a problem for me since my student days when I always left things to the last minute and did everything by the skin of my teeth. Probably too late to change now - but I really wish I could!
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

Grey here today after a weekend of glorious sunshine! Kids and me did housework yesterday, so not much to do today, washing as always though! Off to work this afternoon, but only a short shift today. Getting quite excited as it's my scan tomorrow, so will hopefully find out if I'm having a spud or a spudulike (best Wayne and Waynetta voices please!).

Lunches: ham sarnies (again), clems and apples, lemon cake and cheese

Dinner: chicken curry, to use up leftover rice from Fri and remainder of yesterday's meat and veg!

Have a good day all xx
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Beemuzed - Can your DS show his bank statement as proof ?

Ok, Kitchen done, hoovered stairs and hallway. Stopping now to make cookies :D:o
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    Options
    Morning lovelies,

I didnt get on or even read yesterday,not like me at all-I'll catch up in a bit.So :bdaycake: Happy belated Birthday Essex girl,glad you enjoyed your weekend.
    :bdaycake:Happy Birthday Flutterby,sounds like you have a nice day planned.

I enjoyed my nieces baby shower yesterday,but ate too much cake:o She got lots of lovely things,I think baby will need his clothes changing about 5 times a day to use them all:rotfl:
    I also enjoyed coming home and tea was all ready,prepared by DH.Well I had left the beef in the slow cooker,but he did everything else.
    DS2 sold quite a few things on ebay over the weekend so we'll be packing and posting today.Leftover roast and spuds,only need to do some more veg,so nice and easy today.Have good days all x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport