We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Internet Explorer 9

135

Comments

  • 23n1th
    23n1th Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    I would imagine that IE9 doesn't work with XP like Firefox etc do is because of how integrated IE is with the operating system. IE won't run on any of platform either. I would imagine that since M$ want xp gone and as stated above xp has its limitations why bother? I know I wouldn't.
  • Google for Adrian Kingsley-Hughes big browser benchmark, sorry don't think I can post URLs.
  • PZH
    PZH Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Google for Adrian Kingsley-Hughes big browser benchmark, sorry don't think I can post URLs.

    Think you mean this one...


    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/ie9-vs-chrome-10-vs-firefox-4-rc-vs-opera-1101-vs-safari-5-the-big-browser-benchmark/11890?!!!!!mantle_skin;content


    Haven't read it in detail yet ( just skimmed through the graphs ) and IE9 64 bit does not fair well at all.
    “That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.”
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,466 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    phoodless wrote: »
    IE9 64 bit does not fair well at all.

    Not surprising, it doesn't have a JIT compiler..
  • TrickyDicky101
    TrickyDicky101 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Mista_C wrote: »
    I spotted a number of problems with script rendering that didn't occur in IE8 or IE9 beta but mysteriously appeared in IE9RC.

    I'm using the release version (not RC) of IE9 and it renders your webpage fine.
  • talksr
    talksr Posts: 298 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    phoodless wrote: »
    I currently run IE8 (and also Firefox) - is it worth upgrading to IE9 yet?

    Anyone having any issues with IE9 ?

    Is it any improvement on IE8 ?

    I think IE9 will only work on Windows 7 not XP
  • soay_2
    soay_2 Posts: 91 Forumite
    I downloaded IE9 32bit last Tuesday. Am using Vista & had no problems up to now.
    I find it quick & think the websites look better.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    anybody else have problems with google search ie no response with suggested options
  • PZH
    PZH Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    talksr wrote: »
    I think IE9 will only work on Windows 7 not XP

    I'm running Windows 7 so no probs there :j
    “That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.”
  • Mista_C
    Mista_C Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I'm using the release version (not RC) of IE9 and it renders your webpage fine.

    It should. I had to update a javascript with additional code to accommodate for IE9 (RC onwards). I did state at the bottom of my original post...
    Mista_C wrote: »
    I have sorted the problem since by updating the javascript that renders the logo and header text to make it compatible with IE9 (although as previously said it worked fine in 8 and the 9 beta).

    I'm not the only person who has noticed this, there are various reports around the web. It doesn't fare at all well at http://html5test.com
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.