Cheap Mobile Contracts Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• AlcoPop
    Options
    Ovivo have gone bust. :(
  • Tealblue
    Tealblue Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Any know how to claim where payment was made by Paypal and neither the SIM nor the cinema ticket was received? The Paypal claim forms asks for the URL beginning http and I don't have it.

Help appreciated, please.
  • alexlg
    alexlg Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    O dear. That's £20 I wouldn't have spent if it wasn't for MSE :-(
  • jodie*83*
    Options
    Hi,
    Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but can someone please help me? I saw the Ovivo cheap mobile deal on the money saving expert email and bought a sim for the £20 fee only last week. Received it and have made a couple of calls on it. Tried to use it yesterday but couldn't so I've checked their website to find that they have closed down! I'm really angry that they accepted my order in the first place. Is there any way I can get my money back? Slightly annoyed with Martin Lewis as well. I would not normally deal with companies I haven't heard of but only did so as it came from the recommended email, I thought credibility would have been checked? Sorry for the rant!
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Since this purchace was for a lifetime service

would that qualify for chargeback as a service to be provided in the future so get round the 120 days limits?
  • marks7389
    marks7389 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    jodie*83* wrote: »
    Hi,
    Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but can someone please help me? I saw the Ovivo cheap mobile deal on the money saving expert email and bought a sim for the £20 fee only last week. Received it and have made a couple of calls on it. Tried to use it yesterday but couldn't so I've checked their website to find that they have closed down! I'm really angry that they accepted my order in the first place. Is there any way I can get my money back?

You may be able to get it refunded by charge back or by raising a case with Paypal if you paid that way. See the news link on the home page...
    Slightly annoyed with Martin Lewis as well. I would not normally deal with companies I haven't heard of but only did so as it came from the recommended email, I thought credibility would have been checked? Sorry for the rant!

That's rather unfair in my opinion. Ovivo had been going for two years and MSE did warn that it's future wasn't guaranteed / little protection in the case of it going under.

MSE clearly cannot guarantee every deal that they publicise, and if they only publicised deals that carried no risk, there would be an awful lot less information on here!
  • marks7389
    marks7389 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Since this purchace was for a lifetime service

would that qualify for chargeback as a service to be provided in the future so get round the 120 days limits?

No....

It was a one-off purchase. The fact that you won't get the future free service, or use of the remaining credit, that you were hoping doesn't make any difference.

It was never billed as a 'lifetime service' in any case; you paid £20 for the sim and they gave you £15 credit (at least for recent purchases).

Frankly if you've had >120 days use of it, you're unlikely to have lost much unless you're a really low user and would have paid less on pay-as-you-go.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It was a very abrupt end. I had a Three SIM installed by lunchtime today and PAC code requested. It arrived later today, sent to Three who say my old number will be ported by tomorrow.
    Had been considering a move to Three Pay As You Go for a while as Ovivo data was a bit unreliable. But it was all good while it lasted.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Three currently have a good deal (on monthly contract)
    All-you-can-eat data
    200 minutes
    5,000 texts
    For £12.90 per month
    Which appears to be the best deal available at the moment - unless anyone knows different.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback