Unclaimed prize register

Options

Comments

• LittlePrincessAnge
    Options
    OMG. I am soooo stupid!! :cry:
    I've been addicted to this site recently but never thought to check on here when I received my final reminder this morning.
    I've just phoned - doh!!
    & yes you guessed it digital camera on allocation number 603498, although I did receive a different claim number: 6064.
    But after reading this :mad: whilst sat in my office & was about to post the letter, Im feeling £9 lighter :mad:
    Thank you so much everyone you've just saved me £6.50 plus 2 stamps, although I am very embarrased to have fallen victim to this scam.
    :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse
  • ScoobyRay
    Options
    Same letter, same allocation code...at the bottom of the letter was a customer services postcode....HR9 9YP...google maps shows it as a pool hall :) (at leastthe staff are relaxing whilst they scam) HR9 5DB is a lovely field as well....
  • adamand_2
    Options
    Hi,

First time poster - be gentle with me!

Partner recieved the same letter today - 'personal' allocation code 603498. He told me he dont remember getting the first letter, it was a 'final reminder'.

In my opinion these people are some of the lowest out there. They push the law as far as they can without breaking it. I must admit I had a bit of a tear in my eye thinking that, at this time of year, an elderly person could recieve the letter thinking the could use the prize as a present.

Now wouldnt it be totally awful if someone with access to credit checking started posting the company financial details of the scum involved in this scam..... (doesnt appear to be a whistling smilie!).
  • mjayes
    Options
    I too received a letter from these guys after searching on the internet it appears that trading standards are trying to take people like these to court.

As I am a new user I cannot post links but look up:

www.
    mukaumedia.co.uk
    /community-awards-register-scam/

Please report and help trading standard build a case :)

secure.customerdirect.gov.uk
    /reportscam.aspx
  • Tiffanyk
    Options
    I have had a final reminder from these guys today too. Thought I'd check them out and this thread came up first on google. Hopefully everyone will think to check them out, but I doubt the more vunerable will. I'm sending mine off to trading standards.

They are now calling themselves unclaimed Prize Rollout but its the same address in Ross on Wye
  • Jo_Googe
    Options
    My elderly neighbour has now received two letters from this "company", and I'm finding it hard to convince her that it's a scam. She is certain that because the letters look so official, and they have her name and address, it must be genuine, and that sending "two first class stamps unattached to anything" or making a premium rate phone call, is a small price to pay to win £25000. (She's offered me half the money or maybe the car when she gets it!!)
    I've reported it to Trading Standards on both occasions, who have logged the details. That's all well and good, but logging the details and doing nothing about it seems to be a pointless exercise. On looking back through this site I can see that the first reports re this appear to be from 2004!! How many people have fallen for this? More than a few I'd guess if they are still going, so why has nothing been done? Details she has are: PO Box 107HR99YP. Tel No: 09061 580 528. Green Hayes, Walford Road, Ross on Wye HR9 5DB
  • GAZZA7745
    Options
    Had to laugh at this because they say you can claim by post. Just send a SAE to them to get your claim number. It is slightly cheaper than ringing, because ringing costs you approx £9.00, whereas writing will only cost you £6.50 and the price of an envelope and 1st class stamp. The £6.50 is for postage on any electrical items you may win. Which in turn means everybody that has a go wins a digital camera that is so bottom of the range, the company can buy them in bulk for about 50p each, and then charge everyone £6.50 each (or £9.00 if you phone).

I think I will stick to the free camera my son got with The Beano a while back:beer:.
  • Brunie
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick "thank you" to the site and all the members - I had my stamps and my SAE all ready to send to these jokers and had a final thought to Google it . . . and found this site. You've saved me over a £1 in stamps, my £6.50 postage etc. and the embarrassment of falling for this rubbish!

Thanks again!
  • On Monday we returned from Portugal after a three month break. Yesterday I finally got round to sorting out our mail,among this was a letter containing a final reminder and a "file copy" of letter stating I had emailed a competition entry around the beginning of october.
    As we were abroad and had no acces to a pc, no TV and nil contact via mobile phone or even newspapers I easily assumed this was a scam.

The phone number given to contact is 09061 580532
    The allocation code is 603498

A month or so ago my daughter received a phone call from someone alleging to be someone from "Microsoft" saying they could fix the problems to her pc.

My advice to her in these circumstances is to ask for the callers for their name and say that as a precaution all her telephone calls in and out were being recorded on advice from the police. The caller cancelled the call.:T

Little white lies can be accepted on certain occaisions
  • ButtonF1Fan
    ButtonF1Fan Posts: 1,234 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kezza77 wrote: »
    I have received a final letter from these guys this morning.
    After having read about them on here, I have just put a little "reply" together for them which I will post this afternoon.

The "reply" contains an A4 piece of paper with just an 0871 sex line number written on it, and lots of gold stars which fall out into the recipients lap.

:rotfl::rotfl:
    brilliant!!!!!!!!!
    Julie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills