misscousinitt's MF Diary

Options

Comments

• uzubairu
    uzubairu Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Well done on the OPs.

You are so organised. It is quite amazing how you juggle all those tasks so effectively.
  • misscousinitt
    misscousinitt Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    uzubairu wrote: »
    Well done on the OPs.

You are so organised. It is quite amazing how you juggle all those tasks so effectively.

I'd call it more organised chaos, I really don't know how I do it because I've always been a sort of last minute person, but thanks uzubairu...

Delivered some leaflets for the fundraiser last night and just have one street to do tonight - thank god for the help of friends thats all I can say.

Picking up some extra plants on the way home from B&Q - mmm wonder if there is a voucher knocking about at the moment...?

Hopefully should get the salad & herb planters done tonight too.

Brought HM Soup for lunch today and have got the fish out of the freezer for Zesty Haddock meal later; apart from that not much money saving today.
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Due to the really busy week last week, I am so out of touch with my spending for this month on groceries. Really got to sit down and sort it all out (as well as catching up on housework and washing!!)

I anticipate that there will at least another £60 going towards the Virtual OP Pot - but as to any extras I'm a bit at a loss at the moment.
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Just done a very quick reck of the bank account to see how much we have spent on food this month. I make it approx £162 so far (up to, but not including Friday) - but without looking at the receipts I can't tell if there is some of my mum's shopping in there.

Should be on for £200 this month I think as its a five week month, but need to check the freezer contents again to see what we have got left for next week. DH is cooking for me on Wednesday (hopefully) and the food for that will come out of his pocket - so that helps the grocery budget.

So tired after the weekend, the fundraiser was full on and unfortuately the weather put a few people off coming.

Really behind with my household chores, so going to put washing on and have a tidy round this evening when I get home - thats if I can stay awake long enough!!!!

Need to put a claim in for plants, compost and pots for the fundraiser - going to donate the food that I bought as my contribution. So should have £14.75 coming back at some point (if I can find all the receipts). Also owed £28 for some printer cartridges...this will probably be done on the next cheque run so end of the month / early next month for these.

Owed £116 from our joint account for the final gas bill when we moved energy suppliers - going to ask DH if there is anything else I need to get money out for as this will be our 3rd withdrawal this year (only get 6).

Average OP each month for the rest of the year needs to be £113 to reach target - I think this months' will be around the £120 mark if I can't skim anything off the bank account. Its a waiting game, isn't it?
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Shopping at Mr T's came to about £19 last weekend - that because I had to buy baking stuff for the fundraiser - didn't get to Herr A as I was so knackered I just drove past and didn't turn in - realised a few minutes later that I had totally forgotten. I have to go a different route home to go to Herr A, so it just demonstrates that I met myself coming back last week!

£19 left in the food budget for this month - I really don't like 5 week months, especially when you start running out of things during week 4 - including petrol!

Cat food, T-Rolls and Lamb chops are on the list. Hoping to keep the rest to a minimum. Need to make a list tomorrow lunchtime.

Got some toiletries for mum yesterday which came to £17 and she gave me £20, so thats £3 more for the pot.

OP pot stands at £111.35 - might decide to put the other £25 from my 50p collection last time towards to mortgage instead of into my isa (haven't deposited it yet), yes, I think I will!

Another 50p for the pot today too - still haven't counted that - maybe tonight ;-)

DH isn't cooking tonight now - he's doing it Friday as he's got an exam today - so at least I can look forward to putting my feet up Friday evening and have a nice dinner cooked for me (that's only because he doesn't like me in the kitchen when he's cooking!).
    OP's to Date £8500

• Onecoincloser
    Options
    you are really doing well!!:j I am starting to list everything that I put into a jar during the month so that I have a rolling total of what I am doing....I think it will help if I manage a coin every day...even a small one :D
    Current Mortgage - £66,601 :eek: MFW No 74
    July 11 - 42 payments to make
    10/06/11- 1299 days to go
    OP Annual Target 4652/11925 Target to July 11 4652[STRIKE]4642[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]3762[/STRIKE]/7155 _pale_
    OP Monthly Target - £795:eek: June 1095/79:jJuly 903.52/795:j
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Thanks Onecoincloser. I was keeping a note, but then I lost count when I had a week off. Note to self, must keep a better track of the the 50ps!

Was playing around with my overpayment spreadsheet today - as you do and for the first time realised that when we go onto SVR in July next year, the interest we pay will drop by nearly £50 a month.

Always been a bit hesitant about going onto SVR, but I think this might be the best way forward at the moment - lets face it, the mortgage is low and the Bank of England rate would have to go haywire before the banks put the rates up to the 6.69% we are paying at the moment.

Really fed up today and can't wait for 5pm so I can go home..................
    OP's to Date £8500

• Onecoincloser
    Options
    if you can put that £50 per month to OP's just think of what a difference it will make!!!

I go back to SVR in July 2012 - there are no penalties for OP's when that happens so I intend to pay off all the OP's I have put into savings as a lump sum and then see if we can get a good deal on a fixed rate after that......:D

Don't worry about the poo day yesterday....we all have them!! Sometimes I feel that I have been trying (and failing miserably!!) at paying down my mortgage for years.....when it's a long time off, it can feel really depressing......but anything you do brings you a step closer to getting to that day of real financial freedom.....;) Just keep plugging away at it!
    Current Mortgage - £66,601 :eek: MFW No 74
    July 11 - 42 payments to make
    10/06/11- 1299 days to go
    OP Annual Target 4652/11925 Target to July 11 4652[STRIKE]4642[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]3762[/STRIKE]/7155 _pale_
    OP Monthly Target - £795:eek: June 1095/79:jJuly 903.52/795:j
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    if you can put that £50 per month to OP's just think of what a difference it will make!!!

I go back to SVR in July 2012 - there are no penalties for OP's when that happens so I intend to pay off all the OP's I have put into savings as a lump sum and then see if we can get a good deal on a fixed rate after that......:D

Don't worry about the poo day yesterday....we all have them!! Sometimes I feel that I have been trying (and failing miserably!!) at paying down my mortgage for years.....when it's a long time off, it can feel really depressing......but anything you do brings you a step closer to getting to that day of real financial freedom.....;) Just keep plugging away at it!

Thanks for the encouragement - really appreciate it.

Felt really down in the mouth yesterday about anything and everything.

On the up side only spent £6.23 at Herr A last night and even though I have extras to buy this weekend because of stocks running out, I should bring the shopping this month just about under the £200 mark. Planned next weeks meals mainly from stores, so should be ok.

PLUS, I get get to put my feet up while DH cooks dinner tonight - I really don't care what it is as long as I don't have to cook it.

DH also gave me another couple of 50ps this morning - maybe I can count them up tonight while he cooks dinner - always find it satisfying counting money!
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Woohoo! won some money on the bonus ball we do at work - thats the remaining £15 needed to bring me up to my £150 total for this month.

Don't need to worry if the shopping goes over by a £1 or 2 now.....

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Might do my overpayment next week instead of the week after - I'll have to see how the time goes.
    OP's to Date £8500

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure