misscousinitt's MF Diary

Options

Comments

• misscousinitt
    misscousinitt Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi yukkibear - They certainly do add up, just hope I can keep the momentum going.
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    DH put 50p in Penguin Pot for me last night so £5.50/£50 target.

Very few items on the shopping list this week so I'm hoping that it will come in under £10 so I'll make my target.

£7.50 worth of Clubcard vouchers received - this will be split between Airmiles and saving for Christmas shopping - got to sort all my vouchers out when I'm off for a week (break up from work a week tomorrow) and I'll be able to keep better track of what I've got towards what!
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    edited 24 May 2011 at 9:39AM
    Options
    Its been a busy weekend - did the buffet for my Aunty & Uncle on Saturday, the kids went round giving the business cards out to everyone - I'm sure my cousin had something to do with that!!!

Sunday, had a good rest then popped to town - bought a Wedding Anniversary card for my cousin and some bits from M&S to make a toasted sandwich and some new wine glasses - FREE, used my vouchers!

Came home on Sunday night from DH's mums to find my cat was poorly. The poor thing had been sick everywhere and she was gingerly creeping around and couldn't get up the stairs - didn't want fuss, food or water - was really worried, thought she may have been poisoned as she is partial to catching rats and you don't know if they could have picked up poison. Monday morning, no real change in the cat so rang the vets as soon as they opened and they asked me to bring her straight round. She has a urine infection and it was stopping her going for a wee - she was in awful pain. The vet sorted her out by pressing on her bladder - gave her some injections and I've got a weeks' worth of anti-biotics for her. £86 later, but don't care, thats what the emergency fund is for. She is much better now and these new anti-biotics are great, you just put it down and she eats it as though its a treat!!!! She can't go out till I've managed to collect a urine sample off her (got some special cat litter for that) - so she's not happy, but I'm just glad shes so much better.

On the Virtual OP pot front, still to work out the final grocery figure, but spent £4.70 in Aldi and need to check the Mr T total, but I think it was about £10. Approx OP Total £140. So now I've just got to wait until I get paid on Thursday and I will know if I can skim any off to top the OP up to £150.

Really think that next months payment will be a few pounds less as I've got no extras coming.

Penguin Pot is also 50p heavier, making £6.00/£50.
    OP's to Date £8500

• Froggy-G
    Froggy-G Posts: 2,145 Forumite
    Options
    Glad your cat is feeling better, its always a worry, isn't it...

Well done on the ever expanding Penguin Pot! It will be a lifesaver... Don't worry too much about next month OP, I am sure you will find a way to make it up by then..

Keep going, you're doing great!

Froggy :D
    Froggy's New Lillypad Fund
    Total so far: £ 10,009.77
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Thanks Froggy - you made me think!

I checked to see if my VO balance had been updated - it has! So my first £10 Mr T voucher on its way - that will help with keeping the food bill down if not June, then definately for July.

Cheers!
    OP's to Date £8500

• Froggy-G
    Froggy-G Posts: 2,145 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Froggy - you made me think!

I checked to see if my VO balance had been updated - it has! So my first £10 Mr T voucher on its way - that will help with keeping the food bill down if not June, then definately for July.

Cheers!

Great stuff, keep going.. Did you check your cashback accounts?
    Froggy's New Lillypad Fund
    Total so far: £ 10,009.77
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Yes, I've checked cash back - still at tracked stage, fingers crossed they come good in the next month and that will help towards the target.

Thanks again Froggy!
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Not very MSE last night. Went to see the Blue Brothers - it was absolutely fab, danced loads! and we treated ourselves and went for a curry afterwards - but we didn't over do it (although I was stuffed afterwards) and the bill came to £34 for the two of us.

We had decided that this was going to be a week of treats as our 1st Wedding Anniversary is on Sunday and this time last year I was so stressed (cos of my Dad playing up before the wedding aswell as the normal nerves) and ill; we thought that we would turn the tables on it - after all, its not as if we are spending money we haven't got and we do desperately need to spend more time together.

Checked on-line banking and did some calculations with the cash DH gave me for last nights' tickets and we should be ok for this months OP to be £150. Will know for certain tomorrow when I get paid and know the true figure of what I've got left over.

Car will need filling up with fuel tonight, but at least it ticks nicely into next months budget - done quite well - will have got just over 300 miles out of my last tank! Working on keeping fuel consumption down next month - more walking and as I'm on holiday for a week, won't be doing the 16 mile round trip to work every day.

Done a rough mealplan for the next month too, just got to check the freezer and cupboards to make sure I don't buy more than I need - there are bound to be a couple of surprise - "lets go to friends' tonight for 'take away' or 'BBQ' ", so I'm sure that what I have put down will stretch out to the end of the month.

Five week month next month...boo!
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Well, get paid today and got to start the monthly shop - list at the ready!

50p in penguin last night making £6.50/£50.

Hopefully going to get a chance to do some charity paperwork later as I think DH is going out. Then I'm going to have a nice shower and relax - always get wound up doing charity paperwork!

Break up from work for a week tomorrow. Really looking forward to it, but know I've got a boat load to do at home - but it would be so satisfying to get it all done as there is stuff that has just been dragging on for months! So, going to be working hard next week.

Got to make a point of popping to town one afternoon so I can make my OP and make an opticians appointment (only 1 year overdue!). Also, got to get to the building society to find out why the interest on my isa for last year is such low amount - there is alot in there and I only got £8.19 interest! and the rate was 2.6% - definately something wrong there!

Wedding Anniversary on Sunday - going out on Saturday night. Mum & Dad have given us £60 as a present, so we are going to use that for our meal. Still got to get DH a present? Not sure what to get him? Paper isn't that inspiring???? - going to pick up a card at lunchtime, so at least that will be done.
    OP's to Date £8500

• SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a good meal out Saturday hun :)

I got DH comedy tickets for our paper anniversary and he got me an origami duplicate of our wedding outfits framed. It's out cotton anniversary this year - now that's a difficult one!
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family