March 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 February 2011 at 1:01AM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.5K replies 167.8K views

Replies

• Mumto5Mumto5 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to join in this challenge please. I have a Clubcard Plus account loaded with £400 each month but spend an additional £30 each week on milk etc. Our household is Myself, DH, 3 teenagers and 2 in KS1. The teenage boys eat me out of house and home and get through 6 pints of organic milk a day.

I am going to try to stick to a £550 budget for this month.
  • sistercassistercas Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrs M could you put me down for £450 for march please :D

had my second spend today already and its not actually march yet :eek:
    its a 5 week month for me ( i think)

thanks to all who keep this thread functioning so well:T
  • ZendZend Forumite
    166 posts
    Hi, could you please put me down for £150 again this month. Managed to save £50 last month which went to pay bills :j.
    January spend = £100
    Spent =
    saving =
  • tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi...i went to asda and spent...£3.80...the most pathetic weekly shop ever...should last all week though...also went to b and m bargains and got x2 big tins of pineapple (3kg) each for 99p each...oh thinks iv lost it...i thought id open a can and use some them freeze what is left in portions...might work and at that price was worth a try...also got a big tin of tomato puree that will get the same treatment but i wont be using it in upside down cakes:eek:

spent the day cooking...a sc chilli a quiche x2 potato gratins and now a carrot cake which smells fab

take care
    tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • Good afternoon everyone
    Have spent £51.35 so far. Spends were in Sainsbugs and Aldi. Seem to have more in the freezers than i thought. Will have to see how it goes
    FS x
    Jan GC £298.62/£300 Feb £298.01/£300 March £331.06/£300 April £69.96/£300
    Learning to accept the things i cannot change
  • ChlorisChloris Forumite
    710 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Spends of £5.57 in H&B on seeds, nuts and dried fruit, then £3.46 in the c0-op on fruit. Should be able to last until wed:rotfl:. Will go and update signature now. x
  • quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    i've already spent some of my march budget :o on junk food :eek: seriously tho it was cheaper this way cause i got stuff from the supermarket on offer rather than letting oh go to the filling station, and i got some jelly and rice for the boys aswell :) i'm running low on loads of bits but i have such a busy week i can't go til thur so i'll just have to make do til then
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • ab7ab7 Forumite
    212 posts
    Hi I'm new to this but regular lurker so thought I'd better join in - can I be put down for the amount of 350 please - that for 3 adults, 2 kids I'm really hoping I can make it :D
  • zcrat41zcrat41 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Please can I join for March. I've kind of been doing it on my own for Jan/Feb and not getting on too great!

Please put me down for £200. That's for 2 of us. I've already spent £120 on a theoretical online shop to be delivered next week but that should cover the whole months basics. After that its just a fresh shop.

Cheers

ZC
  • NickJWNickJW Forumite
    678 posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Can I please have my usual £135 for March please?
    Grocery Challenge 14 Jan 14 £46.05/£130

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51

DFD 1st March 2011 :T