Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

March 2011 Grocery Challenge - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

March 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 February 2011 at 12:01AM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.5K replies 167.4K views

Replies

• Mumto5Mumto5 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    I would like to join in this challenge please. I have a Clubcard Plus account loaded with £400 each month but spend an additional £30 each week on milk etc. Our household is Myself, DH, 3 teenagers and 2 in KS1. The teenage boys eat me out of house and home and get through 6 pints of organic milk a day.

I am going to try to stick to a £550 budget for this month.
  • sistercassistercas Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrs M could you put me down for £450 for march please :D

had my second spend today already and its not actually march yet :eek:
    its a 5 week month for me ( i think)

thanks to all who keep this thread functioning so well:T
  • ZendZend Forumite
    166 posts
    Hi, could you please put me down for £150 again this month. Managed to save £50 last month which went to pay bills :j.
    January spend = £100
    Spent =
    saving =
  • tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi...i went to asda and spent...£3.80...the most pathetic weekly shop ever...should last all week though...also went to b and m bargains and got x2 big tins of pineapple (3kg) each for 99p each...oh thinks iv lost it...i thought id open a can and use some them freeze what is left in portions...might work and at that price was worth a try...also got a big tin of tomato puree that will get the same treatment but i wont be using it in upside down cakes:eek:

spent the day cooking...a sc chilli a quiche x2 potato gratins and now a carrot cake which smells fab

take care
    tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • Good afternoon everyone
    Have spent £51.35 so far. Spends were in Sainsbugs and Aldi. Seem to have more in the freezers than i thought. Will have to see how it goes
    FS x
    Jan GC £298.62/£300 Feb £298.01/£300 March £331.06/£300 April £69.96/£300
    Learning to accept the things i cannot change
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • ChlorisChloris Forumite
    710 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Spends of £5.57 in H&B on seeds, nuts and dried fruit, then £3.46 in the c0-op on fruit. Should be able to last until wed:rotfl:. Will go and update signature now. x
  • quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    i've already spent some of my march budget :o on junk food :eek: seriously tho it was cheaper this way cause i got stuff from the supermarket on offer rather than letting oh go to the filling station, and i got some jelly and rice for the boys aswell :) i'm running low on loads of bits but i have such a busy week i can't go til thur so i'll just have to make do til then
    DEC GC £151.80/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • ab7ab7 Forumite
    212 posts
    Hi I'm new to this but regular lurker so thought I'd better join in - can I be put down for the amount of 350 please - that for 3 adults, 2 kids I'm really hoping I can make it :D
  • zcrat41zcrat41 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Please can I join for March. I've kind of been doing it on my own for Jan/Feb and not getting on too great!

Please put me down for £200. That's for 2 of us. I've already spent £120 on a theoretical online shop to be delivered next week but that should cover the whole months basics. After that its just a fresh shop.

Cheers

ZC
  • NickJWNickJW Forumite
    678 posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Can I please have my usual £135 for March please?
    Grocery Challenge 14 Jan 14 £46.05/£130

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51

DFD 1st March 2011 :T