PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Yay- my 1st grocery challenge- bring it on!!
    Good luck everyone!
  • Good morning all. Please can i be put down for £260 for March. Mine runs from 25th Mar to 24th April as OH gets paid 4 weekly.
  • Good morning!

Can you put me down for £375 please, from 28 Feb to 28 March! 2 adults, 2 children.

Will do it this time by hook or by crook!

Good luck everyonex
    grocery challenge Sept 2012 £21/£399
  • Hi,

Can I join in please. I am going to aim for £150 this month. Thats for me and a permanantly hungry sweet-toothed OH.
    thanks.
    cc & o/d debts 4/2/11 - 12209.
    total joint debts 4/2/11 - 25877.
  • Hi everyone, i've been joining a few theads recently and would like to join this one to please! i had a look last month and think i saved most my receits so in feb i spent about £240, thinking this a bit much for just 2 people! will try £200 this month i think. i moved out on my own in december so been buying a few things everytime i go shopping like spices and other bits a pieces that take a while to build up, maybe get a little carried away with this so i think i'll try plan more and just buy things i need for meals i might actually be cooking! i cant freeze much due to small freezer but any other shopping tips would be most welcome. :) ieimimiai
    Married on 16th June 2012. :j
  • Hello everyone!

All went pear shaped last month - son in hospital for an operation then off school but gone back today so time to get back on track. Please can you put me down for £300.

Good luck everyone.:)

February Grocery Challenge £301.46/300
    To feed - Me, DH, DD, DS and 1 dog

• Mrs Macawber, can you please put me down for €300 this month?

I have a lot of stores to use up, and I intend making much better use of what is there this month than last. I had made some progress, but not as good as intended.

This month, is all about getting back on track. I even managed to finally sow some broad beans, tomatoes, peppers, cauliflowers and herbs (basil and coriander) over the weekend. My aim is to avoid the supermarket at least next weekend, if not 2 weeks running. And just use up what I have, hopefully more imaginatively than recently.
    GC 2010 €6,000/ €5,897

GC 2011:Overall Target: €6,000/
    €5,442 by October

Back on the wagon again in 2014
    Apr €587.82/€550 May €453.31 /€550
  • Hi everyone!

Please put me down for £200 for the month.

Good luck everyone :money: !!
  • Hello March thread!!

SO, i did my first 'big shop' yesterday since 11th dec, and it came to a whopping £151!! (it was actually £185, but i removed the non-food items) That is the biggest shop i have ever done, but i know that everything i bought was for a reason. I based my shopping list on my 4wk menu, and as i will be cooking double portions and freezing one, i have really just done a shop that will last me 2 months (aside from fresh veg, milk, etc).

I had a mass baking day yesterday - i baked shortbread, twinks hobnobs, gingerbread and sausage rolls. I kept out about a quarter and the rest have been bagged up and put in the freezer. These will be for our lunches as i am fed up of buying biscuits and cakes. i also chopped up half the fresh brocolli, carrots and parsnips, part cooked them, blanched them, bagged them up and put them in the freezer. this means i will now ALWAYS have fresh veg for dinner.

my only problem now is that i have no room left in the freezer for meals. hah. it will be ok once i have had a rejig.

does anyone have any ice cream recipes that dont involve an ice cream maker?

Thank you. :)
    DFBX2016 #160 - £3550/£8800

DFBX2017 #160 - £0/£11,378

£0/7807 CapOne (0% PAID) £0/2776 Tesco (0% PAID)
    £820/820 HSBC OD (100% PAID) £0/£795 HSBC M/C (0% PAID)
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi and thanks for the wonderful inspirational thread. Could I please be included for £160? This is the same as last month and is for me and DH.
    Thanks
    W
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family