All the small things - tell me what you have done to be MF today

Options

Comments

• katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Yesterday | went for a drink and only ordered one drink, and made it last all evening (was v thirsty when I got home :D). I also only had chips, not a meal, as that was far cheaper.
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    Today when cleaning out the kitchen cupboard i found a tin of formula milk that i didnt know i had...was planning on getting some today as i am nearly out. Now i dont need to and have made an o/p of £10 to the mortgage.

Only had the heating on for an hour earlier....thankfully its getting a bit warmer

Went to the local shop this morning and just bought potatoes and milk..........totally avoided all eye contact with the shelves incase they lured me in :D

In the post today i got a £5 off £30 spend in iceland which is great as i was planning to go there in the next week or so anyway

Spent last night sorting next months budget as i get paid tomorrow :D

The boots i bought from ebay arrived today and are perfect...so happy i managed to get them at 1/3 of retail price

Have just spent the last half hour fiddling with mortgage spreadsheet and have become even more obsessed

What is everyone else up to ?
    Credit card £4461.15Home mortgage £137117Buy to let mortgage £83,000
  • Iris_Blue
    Iris_Blue Posts: 1,421 Forumite
    edited 23 February 2011 at 2:56PM
    Options
    Today I have :

1.Taken advantage of a "£15 off a £75 first shop" voucher at Mr S' & ordered shopping for next week instead of from normal Mr T's ( Oh nearly forgot I got 50p cashback for going through TCB too ! )
    2. Done many, many , many, oh god so many surveys on Toluna (on 60k now)
    3. Got my OH to promise not to fuel up the family car 'till our new budget month next week , saving us £30 diesel money from this months money which I've OP'd..also I've not been out as become a recluse ( I advise it it saves money!) so not spend any diesel myself.
    4. Done the very few daily clicks left on TCB
    5. Claimed and OP'd £13 from TCB.
    I can't be bothered updating this anymore
  • Tabatha_Kitten
    Options
    Please may I join in ?
    Long time lurker( and subscriber to Michelle's diary), but not really a poster. I would never keep up with a diary of my own so this thread suits me much better.
    I have two mortgage accounts (from moving house) One at 5.78% fixed till around 2013 and the other came off a fixed last year onto the BMR so I have been keeping my payments the same but putting the op into the higher rate mortgage.
    I have recently been following tips on here so that I hopefully can start to add a little extra to the op's
  • Tabatha_Kitten
    Options
    Today I have:
    Posted 3 DVD's sold on fleabay.
    Made sausage plait for tea with woopsied sausage meat.
    Had left overHM lasagne from last night for lunch.
    Topped up re-loadable Sainsburys card ready for weekend shop and got 5% cash back through OH's work scheme.
    Off to mop the floors and put out washing when I can drag myself from MSE
  • mortgage_girl
    Options
    Today I have:
    • Done surveys
    • Bingoported
    • Received money from a sale on Amazon so after deducting costs i've transferred £10.75 to my mortgage op account. :j
    • Listed another item on ebay
    • Having a storecupboard lunch and tea to use up some old bits before they go off ;)
    • Kept the heating off as much as possible and settled for a snug blanket and hot water bottle instead - bliss :)
    • I'm just about to draw up my 5 year financial plan
    :jMortgage free 08.08.19 :j
    2018: £19410.25 / £9,300 2017: £7646.64 / £11,000 2016: 4557.98 / £11,000 2015: £10,230.37 / £11,000 2014 =£6703.26 / £11,000 2013 = £4288.51 / £8000 2012 = £1600/£5000 2011 = £2579/£3000
    MF date was Nov 2041 - mortgage neutral 23.07.18

• katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Today I have:
    * put my thermals on instead of the heating when I got cold. Am still chilly but I am moneysaving :D
    * done some dooyoo reviews and some toluna comments (got screened out of surveys)
    * looked at approved foods and calculated whether it is worth shopping there for a few bits in view of the delivery charge
    * will write a list before going to Aldi for milk later
    * am thinking of trying to bake my own bread from a bag of mix out of the cupboard, instead of buying a new loaf
    * doing my RM daily tasks
    * applying for another job - if I keep applying something will come :)
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • cha97michelle
    Options
    Please may I join in ?
    Long time lurker( and subscriber to Michelle's diary), but not really a poster. I would never keep up with a diary of my own so this thread suits me much better.

Course you can join in. No cliques, only criteria is you are doing something today to pay off your mortgage. ;)

You just freaked me out a little though, as i have never ever seen your name before yet you must know a lot about me. Makes me wonder how many people do read/subscribe to my diary and know more about me than some of my real life friends. :o Probably more than i imagine. Oh well. Nice to 'meet' you at last.

So far today : -
    • Not a lot. More potty training - no accidents so far.
    • rated a bit on dooyoo
    • mum rang me saving me a fortune on the phone call
    • got £3 pinecone vouchers in the post.
    • about to make some pastry so i can make a quiche and use up some eggs and flour from stores before my ap food order comes. No idea where i will put that little lot when it comes, but apparently it is packed ready to be collected and delivered. Best think of somewhere quickly as i imagine it will be here Friday. :eek:
    • about to check onepoll
    • finished Twin 2s baby blanket, so i just need to sew in the loose threads which is a 2 min job, and then get them wrapped.
    I second Iris - if you don't go out you don't spend. Thanks to the pox (DS1 started on 3/2, and DS2 on 14/2) - we have put less than £200 on CC in the last 2 and a bit weeks. DHs diesel. A couple of small top up shops, some gel for the pox from Boots. I can't wait for this month and our contagion period to be over, although i don't think we will get much further as i am liking having more money. Good job we can start spending more time in the garden doing the veg patch ready for spring arriving.
  • Courgette
    Courgette Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Took a paint sample pot back to the shop cos it wasn't close enough in colour to the pic in the brochure. I don't think the cashier could believe anyone would be so petty and I was a bit embarrassed (but thought of you lot :rotfl:) but a quid's a quid :D

The big oaf that is ds1 managed to stick his foot through the sofa this afternoon though. It needed replacing anyway but I had hoped it would last a bit longer

Hm pizza for tea, costs about 50 p each
    A reminder to myself: Persistence Pays Off ;):D :idea: :rotfl:
    Mortgage 1: [STRIKE]£95,000[/STRIKE] £78,900 at 3.1%
    Mortgage 2 (BTL): £83, 489.15 at 2.99% (I.O.)
    Savings (S&S ISA): £3000 Plus 6 months emergency savings earning 3%
  • mortgage_girl
    Options

You just freaked me out a little though, as i have never ever seen your name before yet you must know a lot about me. Makes me wonder how many people do read/subscribe to my diary and know more about me than some of my real life friends. :o Probably more than i imagine. Oh well. Nice to 'meet' you at last.

Were watching you...mwah, ha, ha!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :jMortgage free 08.08.19 :j
    2018: £19410.25 / £9,300 2017: £7646.64 / £11,000 2016: 4557.98 / £11,000 2015: £10,230.37 / £11,000 2014 =£6703.26 / £11,000 2013 = £4288.51 / £8000 2012 = £1600/£5000 2011 = £2579/£3000
    MF date was Nov 2041 - mortgage neutral 23.07.18

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport