All the small things - tell me what you have done to be MF today

Options

Comments

• mummalove
    Options
    Michelle, I totally love this thread :j:j:j only just came across it tonight, not properly caught up with the diaries over the last few days, but this is a beauty! I think the little things we all achieve practically on a daily basis can go unnoticed and this is a wonderful opportunity to 'show off' our accomplishments and savings. So here goes mine for today:
    • finally some of the Toluna surveys have updated and I have managed to order another £15 Debenhams voucher (makes a total of 3 x £15 vouchers so far this year). I still have got 16 :eek: surveys on 'open' so this should bump the points up when those points are awarded too
    • earned 40p on Onepoll
    • registered with imeasure (thanks Michelle for posting about this site). Worth keeping an eye on things and see, hopefully, the usage drop ;)
    • cooked jacket potato dinner, and used up lots of salad stuff and coleslaw leftovers. Very tasty and hopefully helps towards to the diet :p
    • heating only on for 1 hour this evening to take the edge off. My laptop gets very hot, so works as a lap warmer...when I shut it down, I just put my cat on my lap instead :rotfl:hey presto cheap heating
    • ordered my step son some 70% off clothes items from Debenhams for his birthday...some good bargains to be had :) and earned a couple of pounds via Quidco
    • my son used one of the vouchers on the grabbit forum for a free bottle of water at Mr T's. He said about 20 members of staff came over to inspect it before they allowed it...see even, my son is a MSE at 15 :T
    Mummalove
    :A
    xx
    "A smile takes but a moment...
    ...but the memory of it lasts forever"

:D
  • Tesco_points_addict
    Options
    Today I have:
    • worked 12 hours!
    • booked more mystery shops for tomorrow and Thursday
    • Got 5 mystery shops worth £75 assigned to me for Monday:j
    Am exhausted now, huubys snoring has not helped, the MS seem to be dropping in my lap at the moment, I'm sure it will come to an end but happy to take them whilst they are in places I am visiting/working anyway.

mummalove-loving the water voucher!!

TPAx

MFW - We've only gone and blooming done it!
    May 2013:j
  • cha97michelle
    Options
    It does warm my cockles to see you all pottering away to be mortgage free. :D Nice how you have all took to using the thread and you seem to be doing more, or sharing more at least as a result.

I don't feel like i have done a lot today as i have been potty training DS2, and the extra washing probably negates the money saving on the not using disposable nappies, but never mind.

I did claim my £10 shop and scan voucher today, and ordered a lego city fire station for my DS1 for either christmas or his birthday. It was reduced from £80 to 62, and i had £45 of amazon vouchers through toluna and shop and scan, so i paid £17, which feels a good bargain. I was going to order a DVD box set for him too, but it was reduced from £40 to 20 last week, and this week it is 30 again so i will wait till i have more vouchers again and it is cheaper again.

I also made a curry. We are a bit low in veg, so i added a cubed potato so it was a potato based curry for bulk.

I only managed on onepoll survey today for 20p but i got £1 yesterday so not too bad, and i am about to go and check for more. One dooyoo survey was written too for 60p. I am now at £21.50 again, so almost on target for £30 by the end of the month that i wanted.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today I have:
    • Made a pie for tea using some dodgy leeks but 20% less quorn than usual and it was the perfect size for 2:)
    • Chased the agency about my new job start date
    • Been given 2 auntie bess sponge puddings by DMIL and ate one;)
    • Made a load of meals for DS and 2 shepherds pie for us using up bendy veg and some bits and bobs from the freezer
    • Fed us all 3 meals from what we had in
    • Did a survey for £1
    • Went into the bank instead of using the cashpoint as I only needed to take out a fiver and would have frittered the other fiver away on nowt
    • Got DH suit cleaned and the nice lady knocked a £1 off the express price for me
    • Checked the banking on the tinternet to see if the Mazuma and pay pal money was in (it wasn't:()
    • Checked my listings on eeebay a gazillion times and got really excited that one has 12 watchers and another has 4:D
    • Signed on at the joke shop, sorry, job centre :p to make sure I get my last full JSA
    • Listed and reorganised the contents of my freezer and knocked a fiver off my shopping list as I found I already had some stuff I had on it
    Off to bed to read the book I bought my step dad for Christmas. He has read it and passed it on to me to read. That's not why I bought it for him, honest;)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • rlc22
    rlc22 Posts: 385 Forumite
    Options
    Right, today I have:
    • Earned a whopping 20p on Onepoll
    • Written another review on Dooyoo - also got a crown for one that I wrote yesterday, so extremely pleased that I've started doing this - am now at £7.54
    • Become even more obsessed with checking my eBay listings that end tomorrow. 3 of the 4 items will now sell, but I'm hoping that they go up a bit higher than they are already - one has 10 watchers :)
    • Checked the credit card statement to see if refund is there for camera I returned. Which it's not, even though it should have been there this time last week. That's OP money I'm waiting on there!
    • Arranged to go to dinner at my in laws tomorrow - I'm very good at eating other people's food!
    • My little boy had his first settling in session in the next room at nursery today, not money saving, but still a big deal to me today - my baby's growing up :eek:
    XSpender wrote: »
    Off to bed to read the book I bought my step dad for Christmas. He has read it and passed it on to me to read. That's not why I bought it for him, honest;)

This is exactly what I do with books for my step dad :D
  • originalmiscellany
    Options
    20 p on one poll and
    shaved a comedy moustache - well it is half term!
    Feb 2012 - onwards MF achieved
    September 2016 - Back into clearing a mortgage - Was due to be paid off in 32 years in March 2047 -
    April 2018 down to 28.00 months vs 30.04 months at normal payment.
    Predicted mortgage clearing 03/2047 - now looking at 02/2045

Aims: 1) To pay off mortgage within 20 years - 2037
  • benjo
    benjo Posts: 482 Forumite
    Options
    My original fixed mortgage payments when I took the mortgage in 09 were around £480 per month.

Each January since then I have increased the regular payment to £500 and then £520 per month - not a huge overpayment, but I really dont miss the small increase per month and over this coming year it will add upto £480 overpayment.

Council Tax free months - we pay by 10 monthly installments each year, so for two months we are payment free. This money goes into an overpayment.

I have money set aside for car maintainance/mot - any underspend here at the end of the year = overpayment.

I do a few surveys online and get paid in vouchers which I use for christmas presents. Each £10 vouher I earn I pay £10 cash off the mortgage.

Since starting the 25 year mortgage 22 months ago I have reduced the term by 38 months, small steps but only possible because of this forum - thanks guys x x x
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Since I posted yesterday I have

- sold another ebay item (sent off with OH to be posted)
    - received a box of cakes from MIL

Today I am going to cook from stores for dinner to take to work tonight
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    today we are planning planning planning plus cooking from store cupboard/freezer....

I have an urge to write so i hope to do some of that over the coming days... I wonder if i cold satisfy that urge with dooyoo???
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    Today I have:
    • Signed on at the joke shop, sorry, job centre :p

I love it :D I will remember that when I go there next week to sign on. Hope it isn't too long before I can post the same thing as you ab out my last JSA.
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure