MSE News: Signal share boost for Orange and T-Mobile customers

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
35 replies 6.5K views

Replies

• sparky93sparky93 Forumite
    387 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    theres a site on reduced power in solihull if thats where you are. issue is not related.
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    sparky93 wrote: »
    theres a site on reduced power in solihull if thats where you are. issue is not related.

thanks for the reply, i'm not in solihull, but not sure where my nearest mast is (live in bourneville)
    MFW # 105
    2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12

2021 Target £2000 / 1,506.82 OP as at July

Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £27,917.54
  • nzseries1 wrote: »
    The problem is that I can't get a high-speed data connection when my phone switches over from T-Mobile (my provider) to Orange. And once the phone switches over, it seems reluctant to switch back.

But great for when you live in a dodgy reception area and you are worried about missing phone calls.

I get the same problem.
  • nzseries1 wrote: »
    Strange, I roam onto Orange and I've never opted in. Maybe they've begun moving people over automatically?

Thats correct it should be automatically enabled if you asked for it or not,, for the first month or so it was if you signed up now its as standard
  • Having recently accepted the text message from Orange to also receive Tmobile I can say this has been a godsend. Having upgraded to the HTC Desire 12 months ago and also moved house I was gutted in not being able to get a signal in my house in Braintree in Essex. As a result my monthly usage nosedived.
    Since being able to receive two signal sources I am over the moon.:j
  • diamondsdiamonds Forumite
    6K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    3G roaming is meant to be Q1 2011, said around net its April !
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • simaxsimax Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    It's been postponed ... scheduled now for "later this year".
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
    6K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Everything Everywhere has confirmed this simax ?
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • simaxsimax Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    diamonds wrote: »
    Everything Everywhere has confirmed this simax ?

The training that staff were due to get has been cancelled as the planned roll-out has been postponded. Launch TBC. Seeing as I work for them, you can take that as quite reliable :)
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
    6K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    So we are back to Orange tactics @ EE ? seeing Tom Alexander is in charge, promise the consumer and never deliver or scrape it past as acceptable, he was brought from Virgin Mobile as their customer care was immense, standards have risen front line in Orange since the FREE broadband & lack of customer care days & staff are a "bit" better trained defo more are friendlier but we are still stuck with France Telecom's non facing departments that customer care struggle to chase up again, again & again....he may have saved Orange money for France Telecom shareholders but consumer wise its very thin on the ground & thats why Tom came from Virgin.

The decommissioning of Orange sites & transfer of the rest to MBNL is just a fiasco....same as digital TV, broadband.....

Tom was meant to be Orange UK's saving grace but well all he rally has done is a merger......he's not done much in all years since he joined O !

Are staff still on the notorious staff "exclusive" ANIMAL plans that were shockingly uncompetitive to customer consumer plans & when CPW staff were getting 50% off Orange consumer plans ?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals