35 replies 6.5K views

Replies

• sparky93sparky93 Forumite
    387 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    ajw1100 wrote: »
    Not all good news!

I am randomly plagued with an error message on switching on my PAYG Orange phone the message is update error 030146, no explanation and this number is not shown on the Orange error code page list or in their FAQ's when I last looked.

I too get that msg code. but, i put that down to the fact i have a spare sim in my OLLLDD moto MR20 brick.
  • Hi to get onto to sharing according the rep i spoke to you have phone them and manual set up roamin on the other network even after opting in by text. This could be true as i was getting no orange signal roaming at my dads even though i opted in by text! now after phoning t-mobile i have full signal instead of 0 bars
  • Strange, I roam onto Orange and I've never opted in. Maybe they've begun moving people over automatically?
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • nzseries1 wrote: »
    Strange, I roam onto Orange and I've never opted in. Maybe they've begun moving people over automatically?

yeh they have from this month apparently
  • edited 17 February 2011 at 11:12AM
    stonemanstoneman Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 February 2011 at 11:12AM
    I get shunted over to the Orange network from my T mobile in areas that I know I get good T mobile reception, but then I lose 3G capability, I have an iPhone 4 so can go into settings and force the T mobile network to hook up again. I want to know if T mobile will start refunding me because I pay for GPRS and don't get it now when I used to
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • sparky93sparky93 Forumite
    387 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    u will only roam over to the other networks if you have NO home network. perhaps your local tm bts is in maintenance mode
  • Everything Everywhere's 3G backhaul is owned 50/50 by EE & 3UK as the joint venture T-Mob & 3 had is now owned 50% by EE

Perhaps Martin in his position can clarify ? [EMAIL="info@mbnl.co.uk"] [email protected][/EMAIL]

3 Customers have a roaming Orange agreement now owned by EE so effectively 3 customers got 2G data roaming on Orange, given EE owns T-Mobile it would be against regulatory proccedure EE disallows 3 use of T-Mobiles 2G signal
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • Everything Everywhere's 3G backhaul is owned 50/50 by EE & 3UK as the joint venture T-Mob & 3 had is now owned 50% by EE

Perhaps Martin in his position can clarify ? [EMAIL="info@mbnl.co.uk"] [email protected][/EMAIL]

3 Customers have a roaming Orange agreement now owned by EE so effectively 3 customers got 2G data roaming on Orange, given EE owns T-Mobile it would be against regulatory proccedure EE disallows 3 use of T-Mobiles 2G signal but allows the sister brand Orange, 3 has a agreement with EE not Orange for roaming now the merger went through.

Effectively EE/3 could roam on each others 3G signal and share costs 50/50 as they did with T-mobile.

For consumers some clarification is needed though.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • fiendishlycleverfiendishlyclever Forumite
    462 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    diamonds wrote: »
    For consumers some clarification is needed though.

I've asked ThreeUK on Twitter if an announcement had been made.

My question was
    @ThreeUK has there been announcement about the current mast sharing with T-mobile once the Everything Everywhere network merger is complete?

and the reply here was
    @cleverfiend No we've not made any announcements.

No clearer! :)
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone else on orange found that over the past couple of weeks the signal and 3g has been really unreliable? Wondering if it's anything to do with this..

yes i have, here in birmingham, areas i used to get a perfect full signal in i now am lucky to get even 2 bars on the signal, and often cuts out, wonder if it does relate to this
    MFW # 105
    2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12

2021 Target £2000 / 1,506.82 OP as at July

Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £27,917.54
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs