Tesco Complaints - Who to Escalate To?

Options

Comments

• duck_walk
    Options
    Just found a whole paperclip in Tesco's hoisin wrap. Phoned the Customer Complaints department who merely told me to go back to the store where I bought it. I did, got my money back, but they didnt take any of my details. I don't know what to do next. I want to write to complain as I could well have choked on it. Just as well as I thought I had bitten on a bit of bone.. it was only when I extract said clip that i saw it was a bit of spare stationary. yucky yuck.. shudder.

Any help here?
  • LemonGrove
    LemonGrove Posts: 618 Forumite
    Options
    duck_walk wrote: »
    Just found a whole paperclip in Tesco's hoisin wrap. Phoned the Customer Complaints department who merely told me to go back to the store where I bought it. I did, got my money back, but they didnt take any of my details. I don't know what to do next. I want to write to complain as I could well have choked on it. Just as well as I thought I had bitten on a bit of bone.. it was only when I extract said clip that i saw it was a bit of spare stationary. yucky yuck.. shudder.

Any help here?

I know you're new and welcome to the forum. :hello: But now that you've reported it and got your money back from the shop it will have been noted, though from there, there isn't much else they can do and a complaint won't do much else but maybe get you a little compensation. It's not likely to be a regularly occuring thing. :)
    Male. :o
  • val_parry
    Options
    I made a complaint to tesco about a holiday that we had on Clubcard deals...it was at MacDonals in Scotland and was a total disgrace. They took agaes to reply and then were very negative, I asked them to escalate it to Terry Leahy, which they did. I waited another five months for a reply which was almost word for word the original reply. I now shop elsewhere but i am having to take an action against MacDonald Hotels through the Scottish courts as it is out of jurisdiction here!! Obviously, Tesco have it all sewn up in their terms and conditions...teflon coated...nothing sticks!!:T
  • LemonGrove
    Options
    val_parry wrote: »
    I made a complaint to tesco about a holiday that we had on Clubcard deals...it was at MacDonals in Scotland and was a total disgrace. They took agaes to reply and then were very negative, I asked them to escalate it to Terry Leahy, which they did. I waited another five months for a reply which was almost word for word the original reply. I now shop elsewhere but i am having to take an action against MacDonald Hotels through the Scottish courts as it is out of jurisdiction here!! Obviously, Tesco have it all sewn up in their terms and conditions...teflon coated...nothing sticks!!:T

Was the hotel really that bad?
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surely it is not Tesco responsibility for the hotel not been what you wanted, or any other problems there. It is the hotel firm that is at fault, all Tesco have done is offer you a discount. You wouldn't complain to a newspaper if a voucher was in the paper for money off at Tesco but what you bought was out of date.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • LemonGrove
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    Surely it is not Tesco responsibility for the hotel not been what you wanted, or any other problems there. It is the hotel firm that is at fault, all Tesco have done is offer you a discount. You wouldn't complain to a newspaper if a voucher was in the paper for money off at Tesco but what you bought was out of date.

But then again, the travel agent is the one responsible and who you complain to if you go abroad and the hotel is sub-standard so maybe not. :confused:
  • Stryder
    Stryder Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    Options
    Temoana

Simple answer - you should have given TESCO one chance and then gone to the news media - they love scare stories, which in turn affect tesco's profits
    ............... Have you ever wondered what
    ¦OO¬¬ O[]¦ Martin would look like
    ¦ _______ ¦ In a washing machine
    ¦ ((:money:)) ¦
    ¦
    ¦
    ¦''''''''''''""""""¦
  • hagana
    hagana Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    or email him at [EMAIL="terry.leahy@tesco.com"]terry.leahy@tesco.com[/EMAIL]

Thanks for providing the e-mail address :beer: I owe you a pint!
    We had an issue with Tesco regarding a parking charge we received after we had been given permission by Tesco to park and it has been a right royal pain in the butt :mad:

E-mailed the above and put my case forward, got a real reply (not system generated) within two minutes to say they were looking into it for me and 15 minutes later I got a call to apologise and confirm the scandalous £70 charge had been cancelled :T :j
  • haemogoblin2
    Options
    i found a piece of tooth/bone like object in one of those tesco beef meatballs. its hard like your normal bone n looks like a piece of broken tooth. it's about 2 x 0.5 x 0.2 cm in size.

I have thrown the packaging and meatballs away but i have taken a picture of it on my plate. shall I bring it back to a store/ email the CEO directly? absolutely unbelievable...
  • qw3rt7
    qw3rt7 Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    What is unbelievable about finding a piece of bone in a meat product?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure