Tesco Complaints - Who to Escalate To?

Options

Comments

• butler_helen
    Options
    write to the actual branch, i received a personal phonecall from the lady who insulted me on the till, she really cared that she had upset me. (she called me a cheapskate for returning a product- and was a supervisor!)...
    if they ignor you, ring a different store and get the right address, pm me for the store which was helpful in my complaint :)

H
    If you aim for the moon if you miss at least you will land among the stars!
  • Vanillaman
    Vanillaman Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The main problem here is the downright "arrogance" of Tescos. They have a one finger up, at customers, and I have it on record that they frequently tell customers to go elsewhere if they are unhappy.

They yet again increased their prices recently, immediately after announcing huge profits at customers expense. They'll tell you that other supermarkets have also increased prices. However, other supermarkets aren't making the huge profits and it is well known that they follow Tescos lead, as Tesco buys up all available space to STOP competition and eliminate small traders, whom Tesco are well known to be ruthless to.

So, if you're angry about bankers lining their pockets and the political expenses crisis, remember Tescos downright greed and arrogance towards robbing you. The best thing to do is gather a national petition to put Tesco out of business. Afterall, their attitude is, "There is nothing you can do, so go elsewhere if you don't like Tescos!"
  • robocop79
    robocop79 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh dear this thread doesn't fill me with confidence about the way Tesco handle their complaints.

I've just sent a complaint letter to their customer service address today when I thought I'd have a look to see how they deal with these issues - it appears not very well.

I felt I ought to write after receiving downright rude and arrogant service from a supervisor in one of their new stores last week.

I will wait and see how (and indeed whether) they respond.
  • keirog
    Options
    Rababbit wrote: »
    "Thank you for your email addressed to Sir Terry Leahy our Chief Executive. As Sir Terry is currently away from the office I am responding on his behalf.

I was sorry to learn of your complaint and I sincerely apologise for the upset and annoyance that this has caused you. Please be assured that every Tesco customer is extremely important to us and we do try hard to convey this at every opportunity.

All our staff undergo a full training programme before they are allowed to serve our customers and we stress the importance of being polite and helpful at all times. Therefore I am disappointed that you have found cause to complain about your experience in our Great Yarmouth store recently.

Your comments have been discussed with Mark Milner, our Store Manager. Mark has assured me that he will address this matter with his team and if any further training is found to be necessary, then this will be carried out straight away. I am confident that this won't happen again.

However, if you should wish to discuss this further, please ask for Mark, or any member of his management team, the next time you are in the store. They will be happy to speak to you about any concerns that you have.

Thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of our Chief Executive.

Kind Regards

Helen Duke
    Customer Service Executive"

Got this as a reply to a complaint about customer service at my local store. Does anyone else think it is a shade sarcastic?

OK while we are on the subject of sarcasm I am pretty sure this crosses the line. Or am I being paranoid? This is the final resolution to a late delivery issue which resulted in many calls/emails and a bit of double charging thrown in. BTW, - not sure why she thinks I am amused. I certainly did not say that, and certainly was not! And before everyone suggests I get a life, the £6 was the final instalment of a refund request for £100+

Thoughts, anyone? I feel like giving her both barrels in response but then I am not sure what (if anything) that would achieve.......

"Dear Andrew,

I am glad that you can find amusement in the situation. I did try to ring you
    earlier to get this matter finally resolved fully. As I didn't know whether the
    £3.20 I refunded the other day had been included in the total what I have done
    is refunded you £3.00 to make the total; £6.20.

I hope this now makes the amount you have been refunded correct. The complete
    refund should be on your payment card in the next 3-5 working days.

Thank you for taking the time to continually contact us, you have been a
    pleasure to deal with. I hope now everything is completely sorted. Any problems
    in the future please feel free to include my name in the email again and it
    should find it's way to me.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us at
    customer.service@tesco.co.uk quoting TES7002583X.

Kind Regards

Natalie Williamson
    Customer Service Manager
    Tesco Customer Service
  • SimonJB
    SimonJB Posts: 552 Forumite
    Options
    keirog wrote: »
    OK while we are on the subject of sarcasm I am pretty sure this crosses the line. Or am I being paranoid? This is the final resolution to a late delivery issue which resulted in many calls/emails and a bit of double charging thrown in. BTW, - not sure why she thinks I am amused. I certainly did not say that, and certainly was not! And before everyone suggests I get a life, the £6 was the final instalment of a refund request for £100+

Thoughts, anyone? I feel like giving her both barrels in response but then I am not sure what (if anything) that would achieve.......

"Dear Andrew,

I am glad that you can find amusement in the situation. I did try to ring you
    earlier to get this matter finally resolved fully. As I didn't know whether the
    £3.20 I refunded the other day had been included in the total what I have done
    is refunded you £3.00 to make the total; £6.20.

I hope this now makes the amount you have been refunded correct. The complete
    refund should be on your payment card in the next 3-5 working days.

Thank you for taking the time to continually contact us, you have been a
    pleasure to deal with. I hope now everything is completely sorted. Any problems
    in the future please feel free to include my name in the email again and it
    should find it's way to me.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us at
    [EMAIL="customer.service@tesco.co.uk"]customer.service@tesco.co.uk[/EMAIL] quoting TES7002583X.

Kind Regards

Natalie Williamson
    Customer Service Manager
    Tesco Customer Service

Nobody died.

You got your refund (presumably?)

What's wrong with a bit of sarcasm here and there?
  • Willsnarf1983
    Options
    or email him at [EMAIL="terry.leahy@tesco.com"]terry.leahy@tesco.com[/EMAIL]

you do realise that this is probably just a dummy email address that is picked up by his secretary as its that commonly known he must get loads of complaints at a time!

Will
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • SimonJB
    Options
    you do realise that this is probably just a dummy email address that is picked up by his secretary as its that commonly known he must get loads of complaints at a time!

Will

Yeah hit him where it hurts [EMAIL="terry.leahy@home.com"]terry.leahy@home.com[/EMAIL]
  • Willsnarf1983
    Options
    SimonJB wrote: »
    Yeah hit him where it hurts [EMAIL="terry.leahy@home.com"]terry.leahy@home.com[/EMAIL]

or [EMAIL="terry.leahy'srealemailaddress@tesco.com"]terry.leahy'srealemailaddress@tesco.com[/EMAIL]

Will
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • SimonJB
    Options
    or terry.leahy'srealemailaddress@tesco.com

Will

[EMAIL="terry.leahypronouncedleehee@msepeetakers.com"]terry.leahypronouncedleehee@msepeetakers.com[/EMAIL] :D
  • md+md
    Options
    Today I visited my local Tesco superstore, which has been open for about 4 weeks now. I was amazed to find items on the shelves that expired two days ago (!) throughout the store. When i brought this to the attention of the duty manager i was thanked for my observation skills and on the first occasion a replacement product with expiry date of today was offered. I declined as i do prefer a couple of days "life", and carried on shopping. At the bakery section a whole shelf of pastries were out of date too... again I pointed it out and again they thanked me and said that they appreciated me bringing it to their attention. (I should get a job there as a shelf checker) Bear in mind that i only went in with a 10 item list, 3 of these items were out of date! How can they justify this, and be so relaxed about it?? I tried to find a customer services desk to put in a complaint however i could not see one and as i was short of time had to go. I have tried to complaint in the past to Tesco for an other issue i had and i was given the silent treatment... how do i go about this and is there anything the food standards agency could/would do?
    thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport