IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

roxburghe debt collectors parking fine

Options

Comments

• give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    Roxburghe = total idiots, the only court they know anything about is a tennis court, oh, correction, sorry, they did go to court once but they were the ones being sued for harassment.

Treat them with contempt, emilyem!

You will soon have the wonderful treat of hearing from the famous phoney solicitor Graham White, who is just Roxburghe using a different letterhead and thinking you won't notice the address is the same? Dorks.
  • Marusia
    Options
    I have read the whole thread and while I can see everyone advises to ignore the letter, I am not sure if anything changed within law or regulations as I have received a letter from Roxburghe today to say they will be taking further action including taking me to court if i don't pay the penalty of £162.00.
    The penalty, in my view, is disproportionate to my offence, as I parked for literally 6 minutes whilst taking baggage off the car at the airport.
    Please, could someone kindly give me some reassurance as to what I should do, my big question being to pay or not to pay. I have heart problems and this made it palpitate big time today and I don't want to be intimidated.
    When I originally wrote to Vehicle Control Services explaining that I disagree with the penalty being proportionate to offence and that I did not park but stopped the vehicle to help my disabled mum out and took her baggage, they, without slightest hesitation (they did not even take a few days to consider my request) replied that I still have to pay despite the circumstances.
    Can please someone help me out here :-(
    Any help will be much appreciated and I will be forever grateful if you could advise if anything changed law wise since last post querying the legal powers of Roxburghe.
    Love,
    Marusia
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Nothing has changed. Just keep ignoring.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    IGNORE the scum! there time is nearly up anyway they are walking on a wobbly tightrope and poxburghe have been suspended from obtaining RK details from the DVLA :rotfl::rotfl::money:
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 October 2012 at 11:12PM
    Options
    Marusia wrote: »
    I have read the whole thread and while I can see everyone advises to ignore the letter, I am not sure if anything changed within law or regulations as I have received a letter from Roxburghe today to say they will be taking further action including taking me to court if i don't pay the penalty of £162.00.
    The penalty, in my view, is disproportionate to my offence, as I parked for literally 6 minutes whilst taking baggage off the car at the airport.
    Please, could someone kindly give me some reassurance as to what I should do, my big question being to pay or not to pay. I have heart problems and this made it palpitate big time today and I don't want to be intimidated.
    When I originally wrote to Vehicle Control Services explaining that I disagree with the penalty being proportionate to offence and that I did not park but stopped the vehicle to help my disabled mum out and took her baggage, they, without slightest hesitation (they did not even take a few days to consider my request) replied that I still have to pay despite the circumstances.
    Can please someone help me out here :-(
    Any help will be much appreciated and I will be forever grateful if you could advise if anything changed law wise since last post querying the legal powers of Roxburghe.
    Love,
    Marusia

Nothing has changed except that you can no longer say 'I wasn't the driver' (because PPCs - private parking companies - can then send letters to the registered keeper). But we never told people to say they weren't driving anyway (not on this live forum). We've always told people to ignore this rubbish.

Here's one of HUNDREDS of recent threads on here about Roxburghe, this link is to just one with a poster who is also getting these letters at the moment and is ignoring them. Hope you didn't think this old thread was the only one on this massive forum?:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=56784587#post56784587

And here's one from 2 years ago to show you this is nothing new and that people have been getting and ignoring these letters for many years:

http://213.129.82.46/showthread.php?t=1583539&page=6

And a thread showing how Roxburghe create their template letters and then pretend to be 'Graham White Solicitors' in letters that they send and phone calls that they (Roxburghe's call centre staff) make and answer:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=52809

You ask 'to pay or not to pay?' ANSWER = DO NOT PAY!!!!!!!!

Here is the current forum with almost every thread being about ignoring these scam PPCs and debt collectors:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Read a few of the threads lower down the page there but not the top ones, 'the stickies' which are just info...EXCEPT the fifth thread! Click on that 'PPC letter chains'. Then click on the link to the old letter chains for tickets issued before October. You will see preview pics of every possible known debt collector letter chain; your letter is on there and you can see what will come next, including 'Graham White' letters in the end. Then Roxburghe will give up!

Laugh at each letter, no more palpitations! :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • RENEGADE_2
    Options
    Marusia wrote: »
    When I originally wrote to Vehicle Control Services ... without slightest hesitation replied that I still have to pay despite the circumstances.

VCS should rename themselves FOS (Full Of Ѕhit).

Your explanation was textbook! You read them the facts and you appeared to do so in a way that did not "appeal". But then what did you really expect them to write? This?

Dear Marusia

Having checked the statistics presented by you we conclude that our demands are all illegal and we shall hereby suspend all operations and join the battle to bring down all other private parking enforcement companies. Furthermore, we shall fully refund all of those from whom we hitherto illegally exacted money.

Please find enclosed a cheque for £100 as a means of apology and we thank you for drawing to our attention a practice of which no member of our team was previously aware.

Yours sincerely
    VCS

Laughable I know. You obviously know that their demand does not reflect landowner losses and they are without a leg to stand on should they attempt court, just ignore them.
  • Marusia
    Options
    Thank you ALL for your prompt advice, this forum is a godsend to all confused or scammed people. I am forever grateful that you took the time to reply back and explain the process.
    I will not be paying a penny, I just need to convince my husband to ignore all the letters as he is a quiet, shy and law-abiding citizen so to speak :-)
    Once more - big thanks for the reassurance to ALL of you!
    xxx
    Marusia
  • Marusia
    Options
    RENEGADE wrote: »
    VCS should rename themselves FOS (Full Of Ѕhit).

Your explanation was textbook! You read them the facts and you appeared to do so in a way that did not "appeal". But then what did you really expect them to write? This?

Dear Marusia

Having checked the statistics presented by you we conclude that our demands are all illegal and we shall hereby suspend all operations and join the battle to bring down all other private parking enforcement companies. Furthermore, we shall fully refund all of those from whom we hitherto illegally exacted money.

Please find enclosed a cheque for £100 as a means of apology and we thank you for drawing to our attention a practice of which no member of our team was previously aware.

Yours sincerely
    VCS

Laughable I know. You obviously know that their demand does not reflect landowner losses and they are without a leg to stand on should they attempt court, just ignore them.

No need to be sarcastic. You're not helping really by acting this way.
    What I expected was at least a gesture of good will by reconsidering the amount of the penalty in the light of the alleged offence. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Except it's not a "penalty" and you committed no "offence". To use those terms when talking about a private parking ticket gives it the legitimacy it doesn't deserve.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Bartmag
    Options
    Little bit of further advice on this lot please.
    A couple of months ago i was giving a parking ticket in an ASDA in Newquay. Due to not paying this has now been passed onto Roxburghe, the usual story.
    However, there is a slight complication !!
    My car is a company car, leased by my employers from Volkswagen Financial Services. As the registered owners it is VFS who are receiving the threatening letters and are now informing my company that they will charge us £25 for any further letters they forward on to us.
    Would you advise that i contact Roxburghe advising them to send letters to me direct or will this be an admittance and therefore make me liable
    Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport