IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

roxburghe debt collectors parking fine

Options

Comments

• give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    All bull. They are full of !!!!, as are all debt collectors.
  • angel_islington
    Options
    They (intentionally) fail to mention that those CPR's don't apply to the small claims track, which is where this would go if it ever got that far.

I strongly urge you to give them the proverbial middle finger.
  • angel_islington
    Options
    All bull. They are full of !!!!, as are all debt collectors.

That's the thing. They have no legal power. The only power they have is one of intimidation.

I think as people are becoming wiser to their games, they are becoming more desperate and are trying to find ever more ridiculous ways of trying to get people to part with their cash.

This new method is called 'blinding them with meaningless numbers'.
  • billpine
    billpine Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Ah, thy middle finger shall remain then :)

Thanks all..
  • bradders58
    Options
    Billpine I have also received one with the same text in the paragraph except it makes reference to S52 of the County Courts Act - and all they will get from me is the middle finger!!
  • emilyem_3
    Options
    Hi, i have received letters from AS SECURI-T and Roxburghe dept collectors, I also got a text today from them, is this also part of their process?? Should i still just ignore them? Everytime i get something i get worried again .
    :mad:
    is everyone sure that nothing comes from it all?

Thanx
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 12 March 2012 at 1:53PM
    Options
    emilyem wrote: »
    Hi, i have received letters from AS SECURI-T and Roxburghe dept collectors, I also got a text today from them, is this also part of their process?? Should i still just ignore them? Everytime i get something i get worried again .
    :mad:
    is everyone sure that nothing comes from it all?

Thanx

Just keep ignoring and please don't fall for their stupid but meaningless scare tactics. Hold firm and stop worrying. Just console yourself with the fact that these people are not the police or the council , but just a bunch of private citizens with no more power than you or me to demand money off people.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • emilyem_3
    Options
    Thankx.

Im currently reading all the threads in here (almost) you guys are funny with all your knowledge and guidance.. its appreciated.

It all makes sense, they cant prove what their reason behind the charge was ... so it makes sense that nothing will come of it... its annoying that they got my phone number.
    X
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    emilyem wrote: »
    Thankx.

Im currently reading all the threads in here (almost) you guys are funny with all your knowledge and guidance.. its appreciated.

It all makes sense, they cant prove what their reason behind the charge was ... so it makes sense that nothing will come of it... its annoying that they got my phone number.
    X

If they phone you, then assertively answer and tell them that the alleged 'debt' is denied and that all contact regarding this matter must cease as you are going to sue them for harassment. (No discussion, phone down).:p
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • emilyem_3
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    If they phone you, then assertively answer and tell them that the alleged 'debt' is denied and that all contact regarding this matter must cease as you are going to sue them for harassment. (No discussion, phone down).:p

They did phone me, only figured it was them as they said my ful name... told them they had the wrong number - that should do it for the texts and call atleast :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure