Options

Comments

• Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    choogirl wrote: »
    Hi Tink

Just popping in to see how you're doing. You sound alot more positive about everything. I love the fact that you're sitting down to plan how the things are going to be paid for before they become due. Remember its the little steps and planning that will make the big steps so much easier xx

Choogirl i had just come on here to whine and cry that im getting nowhere and what was the point and seen your comment and it lifted me up a lot so thanks :D
    Living the simple life
  • Tink_04
    Options
    Ok so i have been a lil bit down but think i can pick myself up enough to keep going!!! think ill be able to pay the loan this month and if im very clever i can pay next month and get back on track and not have miss payments! (fingers crossed!!!) it will slow paying my CC's more but ive found i need to be on top of things in order to over pay - i think im becoming more commutable with the fact this isn't going to happen overnight and it took me a long time to get into it and will take me a long time to get out of it too so budget planning - meal planning and scrape by for a while!

So off to make yet more plans to get through the next few months!!!

Good luck to everyone working hard :j
    Living the simple life
  • choogirl
    choogirl Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Tink

Thats fantastic news about sorting a way out to make the payments. Instead of focusing on what you haven't managed to get done just focus on what you have achieved so far.

Its all about planning and being in control and its taken me 5 months to realise that its not going to disappear overnight. I think its taught me to appreciate money more than ever now.

We all have down days, I had one yesterday but its how you move forward thats important.

Take care xx
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    glad you've picked up a bit hun we've all been there x x x x
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • Tink_04
    edited 25 February 2011 at 5:37PM
    Options
    Well good morning and thanks to those who popped in!!! just me and DD today and DH is at work so decided to keep things moving and plodding on, here is what ive done so far since my LB moment:

*STARTED PAYING OFF MY DEBTS!!!!! (ok is only a small amout but ive started
    *knowing tha balance in my bank account
    *Created 2nd account on my account to keep spending and bills seperate
    *Rang tax credits and submitted a new claim as nursery has gone up
    *got £40 tracked from renewing my home insurance from quidco (looking forward to renewing my car insurance in april!!

Thats all i can think of at the moment this is what i hope to achive by the end of the month :eek: is it the 25th already???

*[STRIKE]move all DD's and standing orders to come out my bill account and see how much i need to put in there each month.[/STRIKE] done
    *[STRIKE]set up a joint spend account so were not spending out of the account all the DD's come out of.[/STRIKE] done
    *ring halifax as payment will be late - get a claim form for PPI
    *do a meal plan and shopping list.

And after payday and in the next month i want to:

*list some items on ebay
    *renew car insurace
    *sort out mobile phone

well these are my gols so far so will get them done lil bit at a time and will add more as i can :D

Have a nice day everyone

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • Denzel09uk
    Options
    Tink_04 wrote: »
    Just gonna save save save then pay pay pay it all off!!! feeling so good at the moment!!!! :D

It feels sooo good dont it.

A weird kind of Buzz to it when you make that payment.
    Investments - £1,290.62 (Shares on a DRIP Strategy)
    Mortgage Balance - £189,662.09
    Credit Card Debt - CLEARED

LOAN - CLEARED
  • Tink_04
    Options
    im getting the same buzz saving and planning how to spend my money on practical things than i did when i shopped - but without the guilt!!!!
    Living the simple life
  • Tink_04
    Options
    Well just checked my online banking and im poor yet again!!!! did set up the joint account i mentioned before so just waiting on the paperwork to come through for it. I get paid next week but im going to be short as i was off sick for a week last month so that will hit hard this month im praying we can just scrape by and even manage to pay the halifax loan (if not part of it) so that next month it wont be so bad - it think it will take 3 months to get used to the changes and get everything caught up and rolling (i hope so anyway!) just living payday to payday for now tho :( really wish i could do more but i need to just keep out head above water for now!

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • Tink_04
    Options
    Grrr thought today was going to be a good day!!! just been to the PO to send a present to my friend for her little girls birthday and i had the grand total of £10 to get me till tuesday and the package cost £9.30!!!! its my own fault i should have sent it sooner and its her birthday tomorrow so it needed to go next day and think it mite be more for a sat parcel delivery!!! will not be making that mistake again!!! nextr time early postage!!!! so that is me left with 70p till tues!! i was going to get some fruit and veg from lidle but just dont have it so here is to a LONG weekend!!!!

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • Tink_04
    Options
    Eugh feel really ill - in bed with laptop feeling sorry for myself and because im poorly im also very negative - i just dont see how i can pay this off? i know its such a small amount to everyone else and i have loads to go after this but i set myself a low target and im terrified ill fail ive manager £10 whole measly pounds in weeks! and i just keep thinking that its going to take YEARS ive just tried the snowball thing and i dont know if ive done it right but its saying 46 months!!!! which is what? 3 years 8 months? to clear a grand? how is this possible to pay off? ill make a confession here i have had a lot of debt in the past and i have never actually paid anything off ie made the final payment and closed the account! i have transferred and consolidated and closed some accounts but never actually finished paying anything and thats something i really want to do so i can feel like if i clear the first 2 i can move on and tackle the rest but im saying to myself you dont have the money to do this - where are you getting the time to plan all this stuff with and 18 month old and if you have never changed yet its just not going to happen!!!! i know im moaning and yeah its more than likely because if feel ill and its all new and scary but i dont want to fail! i dont want my daughter growing up like this and i dont want to live like this anymore!!!

Sorry for the rant :(

Tink
    Living the simple life
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills