IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Apoca parking fine Luton Airport info needed please

Options

Comments

• Pearly11
    Pearly11 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Pearly11 wrote: »

Yes, but I can imagine there are a lot of people out there who receive these letters, and don't check out the relevant forums and will pay them anyway. I think they get nice earner for little investment!

Well and since you joined here there is now one less :D. I have recently made it my hobby to inform victims or potential victims exactly where they stand and to always first seek advice either here on at pepipoo, disregarding if they received and invoice from a PPC or a genuine PCN from either local authority or police. Because even though its a genuine one, that doesn't necessarily have to mean its a justified one ;)
  • Pearly11
    Options
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    Again they prey on the gullible, most would think a bus lane violation was an offence. Because it is in the real world, where they are governed by traffic orders and statute.

What would they put in particulars of claim for the county court? This naughty man drove on my bus lane and in doing so agreed to pay me £50! Then he didn't so it is now £100 plus costs!

Just proves the point that all these git's are doing is mimicking official traffic regulations conning the unknowing!

Wouldn't it be nice to get one of these cases in front of a proper Judge in the high court. Sort the barstewards out once and for all.

For the OP as stated by others expect several letters threatening plagues and damnation will be brought down upon you. However in the real world its a few sheets of A4 with crap on!

ROFL :D esmerobbo...the amount of times you cracked me up in here :D
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options
    Pearly11 wrote: »

Well and since you joined here there is now one less :D. I have recently made it my hobby to inform victims or potential victims exactly where they stand and to always first seek advice either here on at pepipoo, disregarding if they received and invoice from a PPC or a genuine PCN from either local authority or police. Because even though its a genuine one, that doesn't necessarily have to mean its a justified one ;)

Just for clarity ,so the OP is not confused the Luton Airport Bus Lane is a PPC invoice NOT a genuine Penalty Charge Notice.

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE !
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2011 at 12:30AM
    Options
    Another new thread about APCOA about Luton Airport? A search would have found the answer, on MSE or Google APCOA Luton Airport (not 'apoca') for even more forum results elsewhere on t'internet.

There's no need for anyone to follow one thread over another - the answer is simple. IGNORE.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sirdan
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Another new thread about APCOA about Luton Airport? A search would have found the answer:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php?searchid=97895526

Google APCOA Luton Airport (not 'apoca') for even more forum results elsewhere on t'internet.

There's no need for anyone to follow one thread over another - the answer is simple. IGNORE.

Agreed but people often come here in a panic ..so if they start a new thread for a question that has already been answered they should be forgiven.
    What matters is that as many people as possible get the message IGNORE..and then tell all their friends families etc .
    Smaller companies will fold ..APCOA won't they already make enough from the actual car park tickets bought..they have contracts at several major UK airports .
    I don't think APCOA at Luton Airport are even in it for the money ..they make enough as it is ..but either they told the airport they could solve the problem or the airport asked them to.

Luton Airport could solve the problem with a bit of investment in the road infrastructure and barring APCOA from charging a £1 for 10 mins drop off/pick up.
    In fact if they really wanted it solved they could get the road reclassified as a public road ..as it used to be ..then the Police / Council could actually issue real tickets !!
  • Pearly11
    Options
    Sirdan wrote: »
    Agreed but people often come here in a panic ..so if they start a new thread for a question that has already been answered they should be forgiven.
    What matters is that as many people as possible get the message IGNORE..and then tell all their friends families etc .
    Smaller companies will fold ..APCOA won't they already make enough from the actual car park tickets bought..they have contracts at several major UK airports .
    I don't think APCOA at Luton Airport are even in it for the money ..they make enough as it is ..but either they told the airport they could solve the problem or the airport asked them to.

Luton Airport could solve the problem with a bit of investment in the road infrastructure and barring APCOA from charging a £1 for 10 mins drop off/pick up.
    In fact if they really wanted it solved they could get the road reclassified as a public road ..as it used to be ..then the Police / Council could actually issue real tickets !!

I so agree with you, Sirdan, as an honest driver/parker one is convinced to have complied with all rules, so to return to a ticket is a hefty shock to the system.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What a lot of hassle to save £1! with heavy cases?
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »

Quite agree I have never been there so I don't know the distance you have to carry a case. Does seem a lot of bother to save a £1.

I myself would pay the £1 and avoid any problems. However the totally unjust charge, without any authority, and payable to a private unregulated company, for any "offence" they dream up I think most would object too!
  • Sirdan
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »

I think it is a point of principal tbh. You can drop off and pick up for free at a lot of other airports, including the 3 other London airports I believe.

Yes £1 is not a lot...but for 10 minutes ? So that's a pro rata charge of £6 an hour ..doesn't sound quite so reasonable now does it ?

The drop off zone used to be free but still limited to ten minutes only ..what was wrong with that ?? The £1 is for profit only no other justifiable reason.
    And what about non driving airports workers who aren't on a bus route, they tend to be dropped off and picked up by partners/friends/family .

So on a 5 day week they have to pay £10 for the privilege of working at the airport that came 16th out of 16 in a recent UK survey.

Sorry but it IS a point of principal and Luton Airport have definitely got this one wrong ...just like the non refundable £2 charge for a trolley..obviously those most in need of a trollety will be families with young children and the elderly and infirm -so why not rip them off eh ??

Rant over !:mad:
  • barti_2
    Options
    hi just get this letter from apcoa enforcment invoice demending £80 for stoping in no stoping are on roundabut in luton airport i send them a letter admiting my friend micky mouse was drivind to drop of his wife and stop on non stoping area , i think one day this this have to end , or if the law will remeind this same the office from apcoa will receive nice gift by post ( tnt):exclamati
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure