47kg Propane Calor Gas Prices - What are you paying?

Options

Comments

• cathymc_2
    Options
    I have a Park Home and the only bottle we can use is 19kg and these cost £28 a bottle thats the price from our park charge and we can only buy from them.

We have a LPG cooker and a LPG water heater and at the moment use one bottle a month, but I know winter and the ovens on baking and cooking. we will use more.

I have been thinking about LPG Central heating, but know that its going to cost us at least 1 bottle a week! if not more.
    I have had extra insulation put in the home in the walls and under the floors.
    I are now looking at a Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning system that heats and cools your home and is A rated.
    Maybe this is the way to go,
    LPG is so expensive in the UK.
    France I paid, €76 for a 47 kg
    Spain I paid half that price.
    Maybe its because most people in both countries can only use bottle gas.
  • dixie4
    Options
    Around £48 for a 47kg for me, in north wales, supplied by camgas.

Just enquired for a price from two branches of Cam Gas. Sandycroft and Ffynnongroew £56 and £55 respectively.
    Guy at Ffynnongroew said the price had been the same for two years. The upside was that he would not charge a bottle deposit..
    Which branch of CamGas are you using?
  • Pennywiseni
    Options
    Was searching online for current 47kg cylinder gas prices in N.I. and came across this forum. I'm horrified at the prices we pay in comparison with other UK areas - currently £92.00. Luckily I only use my fire for quck warm-up / cosmetic purposes. Thanks to LittleVermin for the link, I'll be following the example of frugalstephen and completing the CMA form. I'll also be encouraging other NI users to do so as well.
  • frugalstephen
    frugalstephen Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 October 2014 at 10:25PM
    Options
    Well done pennywiseni, the more the merrier. By the way,you should check out this number for a local NI business that goes under the name of GasMan. 0792 1000 070

The guy's name is Terry, and the last time I bought a cylinder, he charged me £80. I get the feeling it's a one man band, and I got great service as well as cheaper than ordering direct from the 2 big rip off merchants over here!
  • NrSouthampton
    Options
    I live nr Southampton and get my 47kg bottles from HBS fuels in Chilbolton ..a great little family run buisness £57.20 each including delivery.
  • Tigersimon
    Tigersimon Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 3 November 2014 at 1:16PM
    Options
    In North Wales, I pay £116 total for two 47kg bottles. I order by phone, and delivered and fitted within a day or two. I pay by cash or cheque. I have 4 bottles in total, linked as two pairs, which switch over when one pair has run out. I have a large multi-fuel stove (10.4kW) so tend to use LPG (Calor) for hotwater and showers, and a bit of occasional/background central heating. I last ordered in July and am due to order now.
  • rogerlbo34
    Options
    £60 is prevailing but now a days the prices going down.
  • Con_fuss_ed
    Options
    Hi
    I am an LPG gas cylinder customer with FloGas. Really happy with their service and monthly DD budget plan. After they agreed to a price match on a local supplier earlier this year, I was even in credit this year by £152 yay!

Always looking for a bargain though and so I found out LPG Gas Wales are offering 47kg cylinders at £50 incl. VAT and delivery (even cheaper than the current price match that I am on with FloGas). Waiting for FloGas to come back and confirm if they are willing to price match again.

Fingers crossed.
    X
  • frugalstephen
    Options
    Hi
    I am an LPG gas cylinder customer with FloGas. Really happy with their service and monthly DD budget plan.

With all respect, I really cannot understand why anyone pays any company in advance with a DD plan. I am especially surprised at your joy at being over £150 in 'credit' with them?? If you really do find it difficult to plan monthly, why not open a savings account, place a DD into that, so that you save exactly the same amount monthly, but the money is still yours - and you earn (albeit) a small amount of interest on it. Then when you need, pay FloGas from your now built up savings...
  • missyjoolz
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Ash Vale, Nr Aldershot and a 47kg for me has gone up to £69.99, its robbery, I'm so not amused and frankly cannot afford it with heating and hot water being run by lpg in my mobile home, winter would use a bottle a week, how is anybody expected to be able to afford this !!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure