PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• perrywinkle
    perrywinkle Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 June 2012 at 8:54PM
    perrywinkle
  • I've been here in the background ... and fell of the wagon a bit, eek :eek:

so here it is DECLARING

Feb GC £298.72/£250 :o
    Mar GC £ ? / £300

My spend will go up March as I'm staring SW diet and will be buying a lot of staples to fill up the cupboards, could give mother hubbard a run for her money, lol. good luck all :T xxx
    Feb GC £298.72/£250 :o
    Mar GC £ ? / £300

Start SW this wk! :p
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Helen Jelly, your All in One Apple Cake is in the index :T

and Sunnyday I've added your wine recipe and jennyjelly's recipe too :beer:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2011 at 3:19AM
    Hippeechiq wrote: »
    Katholicos I'm really sorry for your loss hun :grouphug: I'll light a candle for you and your Dad.

Hang in there hun - and you're right to sign in here if it helps. It's often the simplest things that don't involve too much effort or thought that help us through such times.

Condolences from me too Katholics.
    Janie-h well done! on stopping smoking.

Had a £10 top up spend on fruit and veg, my GC spend so far looks as though I'm way under budget @ £68 , we have been eating from the freezer nearly the whole month to make space for the Donald Russell order that arrives tomorrow. I will have money to pay to the 2nd purse at the end of the month, so the balance of my feb GC will go towards that , and a chunk of my March GC budget. Not too worried about that though at least I've still got the money LOL and not Mr S:rotfl::rotfl:

I'd like to say a BIG thank you to all of you for keeping me from going off the rails. I've been in quite a few SM recently and managed to control myself.:)
    If anyone would have told me this before I started the GC that I'd one day be able to go into a SM and just buy what I needed I wouldn't have believed it possible. It just goes to show you that with the right kind of support you can do anything :A

My DD2 was telling me how she is feeling, the poor wee soul. At least she's talking to me. We had a lovely day with her.
    She was DELIGHTED with the wee outfit I made for DGD she had it on today and everyone was looking at her, and passing comments, It was a green jacket with wee wooly sheep on it (Applique) with little balls of wool as buttons, with matching shoes and headband . OOOH! I LOVE being a granny:)

Updated Signature...

Feb GC £152 Paid money owed to 2nd Purse £84 + March's £10 + Feb balance of £45 =£139. Transferring £39 to 3rd purse.
    2nd Purse £100
    3rd Purse £96
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • Can you please put me down for £130 for MARCH
    please.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • havent totted up my declare for feb yet but will do today.

can i go for £400 for march please
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Am going to start the March Challenge today as Payday is 25th of each month. Have already dona a C**tco shop as a friend with a card kindly took me there, so bought cleaning stuff and toiletries in bulk prob last 2 months if not longer. Although I went yesterday I am including it in March challenge. Will go to A*di and T***o today. Everyone back to school and college Monday so I intend to have a baking day on Sunday to make, pineapple muffins, cheese and fruit scones, and some rock cakes to freeze for lunches.Will update sig later.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2011 / no. 1205 £110 made]Sealed Pot Challenge 2012/no 1205 target £300
    Jan g/c 355.83/£450
    g/c Feb487.66/£400
    March 411.03/£450
    To feed 5 adults and 2 dogs includes toiletries & cleanining
  • Well as you can see I've gone over.:o Had to go shopping yesterday instead of today as I forgot I've got to wait in today for DR delivery. I stuck to my list but as it's been Half Term I had run out of most of the fruit, I needed veg, sugar, milk, potatoes (got another 7.5kg bag from Lid! for £2.69), think if it hadn't been Half Term I might just have scraped in. I'm not planning to spend any more but just in case I won't declare until Sunday when my March GC starts.

Good luck everyone.:)
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• Pinwheel wrote: »
    Hi
    Well I had to pop to Sain****ys yesterday as I couldn't manage until today for a few bits, and I had just been for a painful dental appointment so I wasn't my best. Anyway I spent 11.22 which takes me over my budget by 19p! So I can now declare my total for February at £200.19/£200. I have a separate alcohol budget as we don't go out much at all, either to eat or drink but we do like a couple of drinks at home mainly at the weekend. I am wondering whether to up my budget for March and include alcohol, does anyone else do that?
    PW?

We include alcohol in our grocery budget.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • I'm declaring £168.13 for February, a whopping £3.50 under budget :rotfl:

I'm going to put the surplus into a 'rainy day' fund, for treats for DH and DS.

March is a 5 week month for us, and we will need nappies, toiletries and store cupboard stuff this month, so will budget £50 per week. I'm aiming for £250 for March please.
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family