Beware karcheroutlet.co.uk

Options

Comments

• luvvlyjubbly
    luvvlyjubbly Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a multi steamer and K2 pressure cleaner....there was a problem with the delivery as one was in stock but not the other and they delayed sending the instock one. On arrival the steam cleaner had a fault as i couldn't open the water tank....i rang and they collected faulty one, but I had to wait yet another 10 days for new one.....but apart from the waiting game i found them very helpful, didn't have any problems with ringing them
    Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing altogether.:D
  • Bollotom
    Bollotom Posts: 957 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    They seem to get their hands on a lot of cleaners that are then refurbished. Where do they get them from? :cool:
  • cheepskate_2
    cheepskate_2 Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 July 2014 at 1:54PM
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem, I have returned the item, but still no refund and now they just do not bother to answer my emails. Cant even phone them as there is no number

Anyone got an email address for higher up as there doesn't seem to be anything i can do via their website
  • hannonle
    hannonle Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 September 2014 at 4:16PM
    Options
    cheepskate wrote: »
    Anyone got an email address for higher up as there doesn't seem to be anything i can do via their website

Adding publicly what I have told you in PM

In Dec '13 when we had our problems with the outlet, we decided to try and email someone at Karcher themselves to basically tell them that their outlet store was using their good name but giving terrible service to customers.

A bit of googling later we ended up emailing *

I can't remember exactly what his job title was but it would have been something like company director or something important like that.

Emailing him certainly got the ball rolling so worth a try.

If you're reading this some time in the future, maybe a google search to check he is still a/the boss.

Good luck everyone.
    Thank you to everyone who posts on the competitions boards. You all rock!
  • luvvlyjubbly
    luvvlyjubbly Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    Options
    cheepskate wrote: »
    I have exactly the same problem, I have returned the item, but still no refund and now they just do not bother to answer my emails. Cant even phone them as there is no number

This is copied and pasted from my orders section on their website

Should you wish to speak to an advisor regarding your order please call us on 01293 778747.
    Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing altogether.:D
  • beckw79
    beckw79 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Over xmas I ordered two steam cleaners from Karcher Outlet, one for another family member, I emailed end them in the new year to see when delivery would b, they responded within an hour. I have taken delivery of both, tested them both, and I am pleased to say they are both in top condition. wasn't expecting much after reading these reviews, but pleased I took the gamble!:T:T:T
  • barlowm
    Options
    So I was looking at buying a Karcher for a while and stumbled across the Outlet website, before I purchased anything I found this thread talking about issues with the outlet, I decided to go for it and find out for myself.

Ordering and delivery were great, no issues, regular updates in my email about the progress and tracked delivery, the items arrived within a couple of day, so can't complain one bit about that aspect.

However, there is nothing refurbished about this, I have literally just bought a used Karcher. It's dirty and hasn't been cleaned, and still has a bit of water in it. No effort has been made to make this 'like new' It would have taken an employee 5-10 minutes just to clean the item up a bit, just wiping it with a cloth. The item works fine, so no complaints there, but I can't help but think I should have either bought a new item or just gone and got one from eBay, I really don't see the benefit from buying this from the outlet.

Overall quite disappointed.
  • lagri
    lagri Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 15 January 2017 at 5:10PM
    Options
    My item arrived damaged and packaging was poor!

However I will be asking for a refund and NOT a replacement. When I have ordered refurbished from other manufacturers the item is reinstated to an as new condition. My item was dirty and looked more like what I would expect from a gumtree sale and NOT from a factory refurbished item.

I would avoid a refurbished Karcher - no idea how many years of use mine has had.
  • mickyduck
    mickyduck Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    Ordered 3 items.. after 2 weeks one of the items was delivered after I had asked what was happening. On enquiring where the other two items were I was told they were out of stock even though my order history says they were "picked"
    Awful service for a mail order on line company. Refund offered for the two items missing but still feel P***ed as they were what I actually wanted and only added the other item (steam cleaner) to make the postage more palatable.
    Have contacted Karcher to tell them how bad these people are.
    3.995kWP SSW facing. Commissioned 7 July 2011. 24 degree pitch + Solar Immersion installed May 2013, after two Solar Immersion lasting just over the guarantee period replaced with Solic 200... no problems since
  • bonerp
    bonerp Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I bought a WV2 Prem window vac recently and it arrived 3 or 4 days after order and came in new condition with all the accessories. It was approx half price too. Superb service and awesome device. Makes cleaning glass sooo much easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure