Beware karcheroutlet.co.uk

Options

Comments

• hannonle
    hannonle Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well so far we haven't received anything.

We sent an email with a deadline for them to respond before taking paypal action and they emailed that they are 'looking in to it' and a few days later phoned to say they will re-ship (when in stock?? not sure about this bit).
    Thank you to everyone who posts on the competitions boards. You all rock!
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hannonle wrote: »
    Well so far we haven't received anything.

We sent an email with a deadline for them to respond before taking paypal action and they emailed that they are 'looking in to it' and a few days later phoned to say they will re-ship (when in stock?? not sure about this bit).

So have you taken 'the paypal action'?

No point in threatening if you don't carry the threat out.
  • hannonle
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    So have you taken 'the paypal action'?

No point in threatening if you don't carry the threat out.

So far they are working at getting us the item we ordered, as of yesterday, which meets the deadline we set for action from them or else paypal proceedings. But we will see what happens with that.
  • R1200RT_LE
    Options
    I ordered a Karcher K4 Compact from Cleanstore at 10:30pm on a Friday night and it was delivered at 07:45am Monday morning having been informed over the weekend that it had been dispatched. It was £149 with 3 year guarantee (£239 in B&Q) and I thought good value compared with 'Refurbished' from KarcherOutlet at £129 and 3 months guarantee. The free sample of detergent had turned to jelly so emailed Karcher. They said "send proof of purchase and we will replace". I sent a copy of the invoice and they came back with "You have bought refurbished - can't help". I rang Cleanstore (who own KarcherOutlet) and they said "you have bought new, refurbs are in plain brown boxes, we will arrange a replacement detergent". Sent photo of Karcher white box to Karcher and they apologised saying they made the judgement on the price. They also sent a replacement detergent.

Cannot complain about anything to do with Cleanstore they have been superb.

Yes this is a first posting but I have no connection with Cleanstore, who are based in the northwest, living in East Yorkshire as I do.
  • throwaway98765
    Options
    Just wanted to add my experience with Karcher Outlet.
    • I ordered a Window Vac on 25/11/13 as a Christmas present for a relative. The website said it was "in stock". The receipt said I would be contacted when the item was dispatched.
    • I did not hear anything from Karcher Outlet for two weeks, so contacted them on 7/12/13.
    • They got back to me on 9/12/13 saying the item I ordered was damaged and they would be sending a different one the next week (week commencing 16/12/13).
    • I did not hear anything from them for a further 3 weeks.
    • I contacted them again on 2/1/14 asking for an update on my purchase.
    • They replied and finally dispatched my order on 3/1/14.

It arrived on 6/1/14 (more than SIX WEEKS after I ordered it) and the package looked like it had been sat on. Thankfully the window vac itself works fine.

If there is a problem with an order, Karcher Outlet should contact the buyer to explain this. At no point did Karcher Outlet ever contact me to tell me that my order was delayed. At no point did they ever apologise for their handling of this purchase or even acknowledge any wrongdoing at all on their part.

I can only assume that taking six weeks to ship an order and the customer having to chase it up twice is standard procedure for these morons. For six weeks, I might as well have been the victim of a scam. As it turns out, they are actually just thoroughly incompetent.

I will not be shopping at this place again and suggest others do not either.
  • hannonle
    Options
    I guess I should update about my experience.
    Please remember that I wasn't the person dealing with them directly, but rather another member of my household.

After chasing them up, we got similar excuses about them not having stock in.

An email was sent to someone high up at Karcher themselves, complaining about the shambles of their outlet store. We suddenly started receiving phone calls trying to work it all out.

In the end, we decided it was too much hassle and that we didn't trust them to actually deliver a product to us so we asked for a refund (paypal) which was received in a matter of days.

So no actual product, a lot of incompetence and excuses, poor communication until the bosses were contacted, and an eventual refund.
  • battelaxe
    battelaxe Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    This thread is schizophrenic isn't it..
    Either really good or really bad. It is almost like there are 2 different companies.

Anyway, I have no connection to Cleanstore, JMS or Karcher.

I bought one of those brilliant window vacs a few months ago. It was delivered on time and works perfectly.

I am about to buy a steamer, so I would like to see how it goes this time. Let you know...
  • Geodark
    Geodark Posts: 1,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've looked at the karcher outlet site for some time now, really looking for some new pressure washers.
    Anyway, for christmas presents I ordered two of those window vac jobs...
    Ordered, paid. Asked for delivery to my work place, a well known financial institution.
    Next day, I checked... order cancelled. No reason or communication.
    I emailed them! (They say they emailed me..?)
    Reply.. advice from their merchant 'SagePay' was to cancel the order? !!!!!!?

Apparently - their merchant SagePay suggested that there is no history of my card against my address. Strange? I've been there for 12 years and the card is all I use.
    No card history at delivery address. Well, duh. Because its my work address.. cant remembering paying for my employer?
    ..And no history of telephone numbers. Well, its my mobile and work number like you asked for?

I've been ordering stuff from ebay/amazon/others for a long time.
    These guys are clearly some second rate refurb mob trading solely on the Karcher name. If they can afford to refuse custom in this day and age.. good luck to em.
    I'll spend an extra £15 and get them from Currys..... :-)

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/home-appliances/vacuum-cleaners/wet-dry-cleaners/karcher-wv75-plus-window-cleaner-21246076-pdt.html

Oh, and they're well aware of this forum and this thread and suggested I look at 'reviewcentre' instead.

Well Karcher Outlet - I'm sure you're not as bad as being made out - I gave you a chance - you dont want my customer as I'm a 'fraudster'??

Never been so insulted. Your merchant is destroying your business and reputation.

So you have tried to order something online, to an address different to the card holder, using an unknown phone number - and wonder why Sagepay rejected it? Lots of merchants would reject that - depending on the rules they have setup and depending on the value of the order.
  • Justin_Credible
    Options
    They are a waste of space. I ordered a K4 and a T300 racer (Which wasn't cheap but I thought might as well get them both at the same place together), I knew the K4 would be a few weeks but the T300 was "in stock". the K4 arrived with no T300. I waited a week, emailed, got an apology and an invoice for £0 showed on my account meaning one was coming, and then 2 weeks later I emailed again when I still had none, and got nothing but an invoice for £0. Its a week again now and still nothing. The screws were missing off the handle of the K4 as well, not a big problem, but when they say they refurbish to Karchers high standards, something as basic as that doesn't instill much confidence. K4 seems to be OK though, ive only used it once though.
  • jamesemily
    Options
    I have recently received a damaged unit from karcher outlet, who will not respond to my grievances. This has cost me 115 pounds. I cannot find a way to call them, and Karcher will not accept any responsibility for this problem, even though the two companies are blatantly affiliated. Help!!!!!

do not buy anything from these fraudsters
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport