Beware karcheroutlet.co.uk

Options

Comments

• missingsnowman
    Options
    Hi All,

Only saw this forum thread after ordering SC2500 Steam cleaner on March 15th 2013. I used the website to chase on April 6th and received the following reply on the 8th:

"We are expecting a delivery from Karcher this afternoon of our outstanding machines. As such you should expect delivery of your order by Wednesday 10th April. Please accept our apologies for the delay."
    However, no delivery was forthcoming so chased again on 17th with a reply the same day:

"Unfortunately we are still awaiting a delivery of the steamers from Karcher''s refubishing centre. These are due into us the week commencing 22nd April. Please accept our apologies for the delay."

On April 30th I asked for a full refund after non-delivery.
    I have yet to receive a reply.

Not sure where I stand as the purchase was made with a Visa Debit card, so anticipating greater difficulty in resolving this fiasco.

Any advice gratefully received.

Also haven't received delivery from another Internet seller who isn't responding to email or bothers to answer the phone. :mad:
  • missingsnowman
    Options
    so now I've asked for the complaint procedure and pointed them to this thread...
  • jonnykick
    Options
    I have just used Karcher Outlet and had an excellent experience.

It was with some trepidation but I contacted the company via email after they followed up on my registering and not placing an order. I explained that the reviews her had not been favourable.

I was given guarantees by the service team and placed the order for a refurbished K2 machine.

The washer arrived two days later, well packaged, with instructions and in excellent condition. The communication on my delivery was superb also.

I used the machine immediately and everything is working perfectly.

Despite the poor reviews here I would give them a go but contact them first perhaps. I now have a near new K2 Karcher (rrp £199) for just over £60 total!:T
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Options
    jonnykick wrote: »
    I have just used Karcher Outlet and had an excellent experience.

It was with some trepidation but I contacted the company via email after they followed up on my registering and not placing an order. I explained that the reviews her had not been favourable.

I was given guarantees by the service team and placed the order for a refurbished K2 machine.

The washer arrived two days later, well packaged, with instructions and in excellent condition. The communication on my delivery was superb also.

I used the machine immediately and everything is working perfectly.

Despite the poor reviews here I would give them a go but contact them first perhaps. I now have a near new K2 Karcher (rrp £199) for just over £60 total!:T

Did they also ask you to post a positive review here by any chance?
  • Rosythlass
    Options
    Ordered Wd2.200 Wet and Dry Hoover on 6th November 2013. Only took a couple of days to arrive so I was really pleased. Opened the box to find that both top and bottom sections were badly damaged with parts of the plastic actually missing. This could not be blamed on transport as the missing plastic pieces you would expect to see in the box, were not there! So, I logged into my account (obviously no contact number coz they know theyd get bombarded with constant complaints!), clicked on the option i thought was correct, and selected refund. They emailed back to say Id chosen wrong option and only an exchange could be offered. Any, long story short, several incorrect options later and a date of 25th nov guaranteed for my replacement, I still have nothing! They have my cash AND my hoover and I have a headache! I advise to stay very well clear of this company and never EVER purchase from them!! Absolutely disgusting that the only ppl you can get on the fone are sales and they just say they will pass a message one - they dont even take account details!!???? Those of you that say you have had great experiences with them.....how much did they pay you to say that or are you employees of the company?? My next call is now going to be Karcher Head Office as Im sure theyd like to know that this company is ruining their reputation coz I wont buy Karcher ever again!:mad: Also going to link this page in an email to them so they can see how awful they are and its not like its a new issue either! Karcher outlet - picked the wrong lady to pee off btw!!
  • ash1001
    Options
    Criticism of Karcher Outlet on here is totally outdated and wrong, if my experience is anything to go by.
    Looked at product (Pressure Washer) on website Monday Morning, sent off an E Mail, got a response within minutes, ordered product around about mid day, got confirmation E Mail early afternoon, then later one saying it was ready for dispatch. Item arrived mid morning Tuesday - just over a day from first looking at product to delivery, and notified on every step of its journey, WELL DONE KARCHER OUTLET.
  • artbaron
    artbaron Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Options
    ash1001 wrote: »
    Criticism of Karcher Outlet on here is totally outdated and wrong, if my experience is anything to go by.

Clearly it isn't.
  • hannonle
    hannonle Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hmm someone in my house has ordered with them last week with a 'next day delivery' and is still waiting 4 working days later.

Will let you all know what happens.

weirdly, I'm told that the courier is one that uses motorbikes and cycles to deliver. WTH is that about? They'll get tired legs peddling this far hehe.

Any advice if this goes south?
    Thank you to everyone who posts on the competitions boards. You all rock!
  • jockinleeds
    jockinleeds Posts: 49 Forumite
    edited 12 December 2013 at 12:23PM
    Options
    I've looked at the karcher outlet site for some time now, really looking for some new pressure washers.
    Anyway, for christmas presents I ordered two of those window vac jobs...
    Ordered, paid. Asked for delivery to my work place, a well known financial institution.
    Next day, I checked... order cancelled. No reason or communication.
    I emailed them! (They say they emailed me..?)
    Reply.. advice from their merchant 'SagePay' was to cancel the order? !!!!!!?

Apparently - their merchant SagePay suggested that there is no history of my card against my address. Strange? I've been there for 12 years and the card is all I use.
    No card history at delivery address. Well, duh. Because its my work address.. cant remembering paying for my employer?
    ..And no history of telephone numbers. Well, its my mobile and work number like you asked for?

I've been ordering stuff from ebay/amazon/others for a long time.
    These guys are clearly some second rate refurb mob trading solely on the Karcher name. If they can afford to refuse custom in this day and age.. good luck to em.
    I'll spend an extra £15 and get them from Currys..... :-)

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/home-appliances/vacuum-cleaners/wet-dry-cleaners/karcher-wv75-plus-window-cleaner-21246076-pdt.html

Oh, and they're well aware of this forum and this thread and suggested I look at 'reviewcentre' instead.

Well Karcher Outlet - I'm sure you're not as bad as being made out - I gave you a chance - you dont want my customer as I'm a 'fraudster'??

Never been so insulted. Your merchant is destroying your business and reputation.
  • FLA27
    FLA27 Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I've ordered from the Karcher Outlet twice and on both occasions chosen an alternate delivery address with no problems. I did note that they warn delivery could take longer if using an alternative delivery address so that checks can take place. The first order came the next day.

I always double check that I have my billing address and delivery address the right way round though. Almost made this mistake last week with another company and only just spotted it in time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure