🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Pregnancy scan pictures - How much?

Options

Comments

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I paid £3.50 with my first son, but he was nearly still born so when I had to have scans every 2 weeks then every week for the second so got loads free off the lovely midwife. Most of the hospitals I know of donate proceeds to SCBU or similar so I wouldn't mind paying £10 then as my son was saved in special care.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    Princessa wrote:
    You had 17 scans and didn't even leave a donation?

Meant to type I did not have to pay any thing, did choose to make a donation and one well above the suggested amount.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • sheryldoc
    Options
    PAYING FOR PICS?

I didnt have to pay and we get a 13 wk and 20 wk scan..

I asked for a few more copies and was given 3.. the donated £1 and got 5 all in!

God Bless Inverclyde Royal..x
  • getcarter
    Options
    £10 here in warks
  • sheryldoc
    sheryldoc Posts: 576 Forumite
    Options
    getcarter wrote:
    £10 here in warks

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Next time im havin one of those 3d scan thingies.. prob be cheaper anyways haha!.. as it will b at least 3 yrs away!..x
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I work in the private prenatal industry and get a lot of insight into the industry, and the prices are around £200 which includes, NT measurement, Bloods and risk analysis and you recieve 3-5 images and a DVD in 3D of your bub. Which I think is a bargain, the training involved for Sonographers is lengthy, the ultra sound machines are not cheap, average price 500K for a basic model. Plus specilaist inks/paper/lube/condoms and good staff all add up for a bargain, so a tenner for an image, I would say thats a bargain, and if your lucky to get one for free, you should IMO make a donation as if anything they are a nice bonus not a medical nessessity.
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    Our hospital is £2 each or 3 for £5.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Maximillion
    Options
    We recently had a "4D" scan done, my wife had had a special offer (£70) short session done a couple of months ago and they said we could go back and get the full bifter for another £100. That second session was at 31 ( I think) weeks and if you can hang on that long it is well worth it (when babba has filled out a bit) . we got loads of pictures plus an A4 blowup and an hour long DVD. it was pretty amazing. It's a luxury but well worth it.
  • abijanzo
    abijanzo Posts: 857 Forumite
    Options
    They wanted a fiver at our 12 week scan! I wasnt going to pay on principle, but then the MW left them on the desk and I dont know how :rolleyes: but I seemed to have them with me in my folder when I left the hospital.;)
  • I had my 20wk scan on the 1st November and the pictures were £4 or 3 for £10 so we paid £10 so that we could have one for the grandparents but they did give us 4 x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport