PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Veggie burgers

Options

Comments

• MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have had a good look through OS and can't find anything for you sorry - not even the thing I thought Weezl did with stuffing (apols if that sound weird lol).
    Plenty of people used stuffing in rissoles and in meat burgers instead of breadcrumbs, but as I assume that veggie is more important than stuffing mix the only thing I could come up with is Glamorgan sausages . Ok so not burgers, but you could use stuffing mix instead of breadcrumbs and shape them as rounds.
    Sorry I 've not been more help, and good luck in your search!
    MrsB.

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • Guapa1
    Guapa1 Posts: 890 Forumite
    Options
    I know mbaz made lentil burgers with stuffing here.
    Getting there... A deal at a time. :T
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Mix it with some Sosmix or Burgermix (soya products available in Holland & Barratt) and form into burgers. Easy :).
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• want2bmortgage3
    Options
    i've never tried sosmix and hadnt heard of it til a friend emailed me saying they have been taken over and sosmix will now contain battery milk, so no longer vegan
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    My kids used to love it when I made a packet of stuffing mix up mixed it with mash potato and fried it - serve with an egg on top yum!
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Fourcandles_3
    Options
    I sometimes add any frozen veg I have left over to stuffing mix and whizz it in the blender then use it as toads for toad in the hole.

Hubby loves stuffing mix in cannaloni tubes covered with tinned tomatoes (add fried onion and garlic and basil or use a dolmio type jar) and top with grated cheese. Then bake.
  • vixtress
    vixtress Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i've never tried sosmix and hadnt heard of it til a friend emailed me saying they have been taken over and sosmix will now contain battery milk, so no longer vegan

i used to love sosmix as a student but unless its been changed its full of hydrogenated fats that i now wouldnt touch.

please correct me if its been changed :D
    - prior planning prevents poor performance!

May Grocery challenge £150 136/150
  • jamanda
    jamanda Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I use stuffing mix (helped with onion and any herbs knocking about) to make "sausage rolls" for vegan mum and veggie daughter. They're quite nice too.
  • suzywoozy_3
    Options
    vixtress wrote: »
    i used to love sosmix as a student but unless its been changed its full of hydrogenated fats that i now wouldnt touch.

please correct me if its been changed :D

Suma do their own brand which doesn't seem to have hydrogenated fat in it. we all prefer the taste too.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If you make up some of the stuffing, mix it into mashed potato and turn it into little rissoles and fry them, it makes a very tasty snack. (See Butterfly Brain has already suggested this). You can also make it up and store in a little pot in the fridge to make a savoury spread in sandwiches instead of butter. This works particularly well with cold cooked pork and chicken.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure