Support Each Other In Looking For Work?

Options

Comments

• saxonrosecliff
    Options
    I don't alter my CV either. The covering letter/email is what I tailor for each post.
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So far I have tailored it to each job I have applied for.... Like I would with an application inuse their terms for things they deem appropriate to add to the job advert. Had one specify they wanted a good sense of humour sonwas tempted to add a joke on the end!!!!!!!

To be honest after my session yesterday I get the impression that my cv is w a n k but I can't fix it till I get my pc back.....

I am so decking hired I have just lulled out the sofas and hoovered under them - the skirting is next. I sppose I could put an add out offering my services as a woman what does..... Hahahaha

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just not a woman who can type!!!!!!!!

I did try to amend my cv from my phone but this is why it wouldn't work!!!!!

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • jay_1978
    jay_1978 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    Well had my interview at the agency, Apparently a company might possibly be holding inductions of sort tomorrow so they are gonna call if this comes off, Hope everyone is having a good day. Good luck today @November5th
  • livermum
    livermum Posts: 556 Forumite
    Options
    Back from my driving lesson, I cant wait to pass my test and get out on the road.

Not much for me to apply for today, my daughter has her friend over so at least I don't have to try and keep her entertained. It is so soul destroying constantly searching for jobs and then getting nothing back. It's my daughters birthday at the end of the month and I really wanted to be working so I could afford to take her and some friends some where nice but I think I will end up owing her a day out.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 April 2011 at 1:24PM
    Options
    livermum wrote: »
    Back from my driving lesson, I cant wait to pass my test and get out on the road.

Not much for me to apply for today, my daughter has her friend over so at least I don't have to try and keep her entertained. It is so soul destroying constantly searching for jobs and then getting nothing back. It's my daughters birthday at the end of the month and I really wanted to be working so I could afford to take her and some friends some where nice but I think I will end up owing her a day out.

it would be fine if you just had some feedback so you knew where you went wrong
  • Chartered_Eng
    Options
    geek84 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, do most of you do that? If so, how many different versions of your CV do you have?

This I think will depend upon your employment area. Personally I have one CV and will send this out for ill defined job ads or general agency registrations etc. When it comes down to a job that particularly interests me then that is the time I do the background research and tailoring of the CV as a one off armour piercing missile to get past the InHuman Resources and into the correct peoples' hands. That way you have a better chance for an interview.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Do not adjust your mind, the world is at fault. ;)
  • saxonrosecliff
    Options
    I've just heard that I didn't get the job at the Inland Revenue that the Job Centre made made me apply for. Looking on the bright side I didn't really want it anyway (I wouldn't mind the money though) and I was woefully underqualified.
  • jay_1978
    jay_1978 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    If this agency don't call back today confirming this so called induction tomorrow then I dunno what LOL, Might aswell give up on these fraudsters if they are acting like this, Ofcourse There's still time and I may be made to eat my words.
  • stephyt23
    stephyt23 Posts: 852 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

I'm sure most of you saw I had an interview on Monday for a Nursery job which I believed was for casual/holiday cover. The job on the website stated this is what it was for, as did my interview confirmation letter.

When I attended the interview it turned out it was actually part time 17 hours to work in the After School Club. I didn't question this as I thought the hours would be better and more regular.

I've just received a call offering me the job, but now it's for working between 25 and 35 hours a week. The times and days will vary as they are on a rota basis. Now while I know I should be thrilled to have a job I can't help wishing it was the 17 hour one. I do not want to leave the school I'm volunteering at. They are being so good to me and after Easter want to give me more responsibilities to help towards my Uni interview next month. The school experience is what I need SO much more than Nursery work which I've done loads of.

They are writing to confirm my job offer so my Mom has suggested I call them once I have that to see why the hours have changed. If I can't have the original job I was interviewed for to see if I can be guaranteed one day off a week so I can still volunteer. They know I am returning to uni in September to teach and that I'm volunteering. Do these two things seem reasonable to ask?
    Saved: £1566.53/ £2000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport