Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    T-Mobiles terms and conditions define written notice as including text messages. Personally I wouldn't, but there you go...

I've already sent my letter of cancellation using condition 2.11.2
  • stevieboy308
    Options
    their website still says the fup is 3 gig for android phones
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's half the problem, for a communications company they've handled this very badly. People are being told several different things by different departments.
  • NX1977
    NX1977 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    If we can get T-mobile to cancel, could I take out a SIM only with them and PAC my code to the new account?

If so could reduce my monthly spend, and just have to lump the drop from my 3gb Android limit.
  • Auzelia
    Auzelia Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    Their fair usage policy for androids still states

Pay monthly plans which include internet on your phone on an Android phone
    You'll get internet on your phone Plus included if you join us on a pay monthly plan with an Android phone in a T-Mobile store, over the phone or via our website, t-mobile.co.uk. You'll need internet coverage, check it at t-mobile.co.uk/streetcheck. Remember that you can only use your internet on your phone Plus Booster in the UK and you can't use your phone as a modem or use Internet on your phone Plus for peer to peer file sharing, or making internet phone calls. *Internet on your phone Plus comes with a fair use policy of 3GB a month. We'll monitor how much you send and receive each calendar month so that we can protect our network for all our internet on your customers. If you use more than your fair use policy amount, we won't charge you any more, but we may restrict how you can use your plan, depending on how often you go over your amount and by how much. As your phone is always connected to the internet, if you remove your internet on your phone Plus Booster from your account you'll automatically be charged up to £1 every day. That £1 a day rate has its own fair use policy and other legal stuff, which you can see here: t-mobile.co.uk/services/uk/fairuse/#fup5.
  • corbyboy
    corbyboy Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I have two T-mobile lines and haven't received a text on either.

Does anybody else agree that the word "unlimited" has a pretty clear definition and phone companies shouldn't be allowed to change the meaning of words?
  • consumers_revenge
    Options
    mine says unlimited web browsing and capped data rate :doh:
  • Auzelia
    Auzelia Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    this is what the helpful ryan had to say

Ryan: Hi there, my name is Ryan. I am part of the dedicated T-Mobile Online Sales Team. How can I help you with your new order?
    me: hi ryan, I am looking to purchase a htc phone, but having looked on the internet I saw some posts about how the 3gb fup was being reduced to 500mb. Your policy still states 3gb. Before I commit to buying a phone from yourself, is your current policy still accurate or has it changed?
    Ryan: in online sales we have all the androids phone with 3 Gb download and unlimited browsing
    me: thanks, one more query. The HTC hd mini does that use android and windows? or just windows?
    Ryan: it is an windows phone
    me: If i purchase the phone instore would that then be limited to a 500gb limit?
    Ryan: i cannot assure you about store deal
    Ryan: but in online we have android phone with 3 Gb
    me: ok thanks for your help ryan.
    me: Thank you for chatting with us.You can rate my services at the end of this chat by simply clicking the 'End Chat' button.
    Ryan: Please rate me Excellent if I've helped you
    me: ok
    Ryan: Thank you!
  • Nostromo
    Nostromo Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    As clear as mud then just like when O2 and Voda reduced their tarriffs :mad:
  • villainrom
    villainrom Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2011 at 12:39AM
    Options
    OK.

I went to my online account.

My current services are and have always been:

Capped data rate- free
    18 month upgrade flag (it's an 18 month contract anyway) - free
    Video calling - free
    Remove content lock (you can't use android market, or indeed most of the web like forums with it on) - free
    Charge to account bar - free
    Internet Plus - £4.25 Plus VAT p/month
    £5 loyalty discount p/month (well, come on... I did drive the price from £40/month to £21.50 per month, so of course there's the mandatory "random loyalty" discount... :D

This hasn't changed...

I have had no SMS, and this clearly shows I am paying for Internet Plus. I gather others are not, and see other things in the online panel. Well, I say "paying for", but the discounts all cancel things out, making it a nice deal...

Either way, no text yet, hoping it continues that way... I have been in contact with press relations (I run a large android site etc) and they are confused. We've called customer support 3 times and had 3 different stories. One of the guys got his sorted for £4.25 per month onto the "proper" plan and was happy enough.

We have been told (pinch of salt, as they all conflict) the following, on separate occasions

1) This only affects those who took out 3rd party, non-direct contracts, where it's not an "android package" with t-mobile, and that direct customers are not affected

2) The changes affect every customer with T-Mobile

3) The changes affect everyone who doesn't expressly "pay for" data

4) Only downloads and streaming are included in the counting of 500MB (FAIL in technical understanding by whoever said this)

5) Any permutation of the above...

Keep updating if you talk to them, see if anyone gets anywhere...

EDIT: Regarding clear as mud, I am more than happy to speak to someone on the t-mobile technical team, as I get on well with geeks like that, and help extract some meaningful final statement from them... Or management... They let me ask the questions, I'll help them give clear and transparent answers without using customer relations buzz-speak... Simple, plain talking.. That's how I like it :) Shame they fail at this too
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure