Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• ispartacus75
    Options
    pinkllama wrote: »
    check out my post up the page.

they are trying to say that the internet is an additional service so they can change it without customers being able to cancel contracts.

i strongly believe that anyone who have bought an android phone from them can cancel as the internet is part of the price plan for a monthly contract with and android phone.

It aint just Android phones. We bought Windows Mobile phones. They both had unlimited internet as part of the sales package. See my post above.
  • pault123
    pault123 Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm gobsmacked they can do this!

"T-Mobile helpfully (and not at all militantly) states: "If you want to download, stream and watch video clips, save that stuff for your home broadband.""

sounds like its been written by a 5 year old! I don't have home broadband hence my phone is my media centre!

They advertise smart phones as video watching, streaming, out and about multimedia centres, it makes no sense to restrict it by only browsing "text" sites!!!

The phones have youtube app built in LOL

I have the web n walk plus 3gb FUP. I will want to cancel and go to three network (true unlimited) if this gets reduced to an embarrasing 500mb :o

• neil40
    neil40 Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    I was really close to sticking with this shameful company for a sim only contract with 3gb of data.Really glad i stayed with Giffgaff now with its unlimited mobile internet.T-mobile will have a big backlash from customers over this.

Neil
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    neil40 wrote: »
    I was really close to sticking with this shameful company for a sim only contract with 3gb of data.Really glad i stayed with Giffgaff now with its unlimited mobile internet.T-mobile will have a big backlash from customers over this.

Neil

Eventually no company will be able to sustain truly unlimited internet because what happens is the really massive users all migrate to the network that is currently offering the unlimited data deal and it becomes completely unprofitable. GiffGaff have a problem in this regard as I believe they have no phone support and rely on other members answering newbie questions? I still think there is a chance it will all end in tears but I wish them all the best.

To the T-Mobile users - why not contact the regulator if you aren't happy with the obvious T-Mobile stonewalling? I think they deserve it, personally.
  • 4$£&*(£$&*(!
    Options
    I am with T-Mobile and on a PAYG handset I have the six months unlimited web with 1Gb fair use policy. Is this policy changing for the 'internet booster' for top-up users as well?
    pault123 wrote: »
    "T-Mobile helpfully (and not at all militantly) states: "If you want to download, stream and watch video clips, save that stuff for your home broadband.""

sounds like its been written by a 5 year old!

Yes, very patronising. Out of the whole statement I thought the rest was fine, but that part stuck out like a sore thumb. As I understand it, this change does not prohibit streaming etc., but more throttles anyone who exceeds 500Mb. Therefore we can do what we like with that first 500Mb, don't tell us how to use our data.
  • pault123
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm it seems my "web n walk plus" has been removed from the "my price plan section" of the tmobile website.

Is now says "capped data rate"

they've removed my 3gb web n walk plus without even texting me, with no notice!
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    Mine says the same online, capped data rate. However Im pretty sure that my contract will say otherwise.
  • pault123
    Options
    Just got a screenshot of it from my previous bill!

Your monthly plan charges
    600Mins&500Text(24)25 £21.28
    Unltd Lline Booster (FB)
    Free web'n'walk Plus (18) Free

Monthly charge total £21.28
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    Good thinking. You can also download the entire bill as a PDF
  • mmpombears
    Options
    Mine now says "capped data rate" as well, but I've taken a screen shot of my previous month's bill which has "web'n'walk Plus (18) Free"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure