We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Make retro candy/sweet boxes and bouquets for adults & kids + Photos (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Giggle
    Options
    The 99p shop as some red and green jelly beans in
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • Mme.Hibou
    Options
    Everyone keeps talking about Mr T's .... what is it?
    ,___,
    (oVo)
    /)vvv)
    /m m
  • Trow
    Options
    Mr T's is Tesco
  • Mme.Hibou
    Options
    Awesome, Thanks. I didn't like to assume, as you know what they say.
    ,___,
    (oVo)
    /)vvv)
    /m m
  • I can't wait for it to get closer to christmas so I can make these up!!!

I have to do 2 before dec 1st though as my sister and hubby live in Bulgaria and if I want to post anything then it needs to be before then as it is generally snowed under at christmas :D
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • rainmac
    Options
    I can't wait for it to get closer to christmas so I can make these up!!!

I have to do 2 before dec 1st though as my sister and hubby live in Bulgaria and if I want to post anything then it needs to be before then as it is generally snowed under at christmas :D

I know what you mean Rusty, it's driving me mad that I shouldn't make up the boxes yet in case the sweets stick but I soooo want to ;)

I saw little jars of pear drops and humbugs in M&S today - £6 each :eek:
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • jimsmum
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »

I saw little jars of pear drops and humbugs in M&S today - £6 each :eek:
    Yep, I saw them too :eek:

Don't think my non-moneysaving friend will be coming shopping with me again though as I shouted 'WHAT??? £6????? you can make one of them for a quid and it would look nicer' whilst looking like this :eek: she was mortified!!! :o

:rotfl: :rotfl:
    I heart The Capital ;)
  • I can't find the boxes anywhere. OH has got about 5 in the shed that he keeps his fishing gear in so I'm contemplating nicking a couple to use. :p I was only got to make them for him and my sister and her man so it wouldn't be a problem asking for them back when the sweets were finished as they wouldn't have any use for them anyway. Not sure OH will be that impressed with me messing with his gear though. :eek: :rotfl:
    :j little fire cracker born 5th November 2012 :j
  • Giggle
    Options
    HAve you ever made one if so was it easy to do. I would love to try one but not sure where to start
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • Hi Julie I made a sweet bouquet for my Mum' birthday. It was a bit fiddly but not too difficult. I filled the base with oasis and used wooden skewers covered in florist tape to cover to secure the sweets as florist wire is not strong enough. I then filled the gaps with cello. Hope this helps :D

candybouquet006nm7.jpg
    Little Miss Chatterbox
    :p
    :smileyheaMum to Jake and Harri
    :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income