Make retro candy/sweet boxes and bouquets for adults & kids + Photos (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• lightisfading
    Options
    Well, here's mine for my brother this year. I've gone for wrapped sweets only as this could be posted, and either way made up in advance as I live a long way from home.

It contains Refreshers chew bars, Fruit Salad chew bar, Blackjacks, Fruit Salad chews. Fudge bar, Chomp bar, Candy Cigarettes, Chupa Chup lollies, ‘Double’ lollies (sherberty type ones), Drumstick lollies, Sherbert Fountain, Double Dip sherbert, Refreshers, Dip Dab sherbert, Jelly Tots, Cola Frosties, Tooty Frooties, Panda Licorice bars, Milkybars and Love Hearts. No idea of the costs as I've been picking bits up as I see them.

dscf0676.jpg
  • soblivion
    soblivion Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :T :T lightisfading that looks really lovely, could you tell me where you got your box from please?
  • lightisfading
    Options
    I'm not going to be much help on that I'm afraid! I got a box that looked like this, but with fixed smaller compartments, from The Range, and then cus that wouldnt fit most of the sweets I swapped it for the other that would fit them from an existing storage set (4 boxes like that in a large storage box, originally from asda a couple of years ago I'm afraid!). Sorry!
  • soblivion
    Options
    Thank you anyway lightisfading, I'll keep looking - I really liked your box though. I saw some on ebay but they're a bit more than I wanted to pay really, especially with the postage.
  • jimsmum
    jimsmum Posts: 4,044 Forumite
    Options
    Have any of you looked in B&Q, im sure they'd probably have all sorts of different ones in there :)
    I heart The Capital ;)
  • soblivion
    Options
    jimsmum wrote: »
    Have any of you looked in B&Q, im sure they'd probably have all sorts of different ones in there :)

Thanks jimsmum, I'm in a town tomorrow where they have a B&Q so I'll pop in there.
  • jembie
    jembie Posts: 936 Forumite
    Options
    WOW I have just sat and read through this whole thread not realising it is over a year old.
    This would be the perfect idea as gifts for my niece and nephew.
    Am of to town on Monday to look for the boxes :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Don't ever stop believing........
    Never get tired of watching you, someday you will break through.....
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    soblivion wrote: »
    Thank you anyway lightisfading, I'll keep looking - I really liked your box though. I saw some on ebay but they're a bit more than I wanted to pay really, especially with the postage.

I got mine from Wickes. They look like this...

506616-ab0-00co_full.jpg
    This one is £2.29. There was a £10 off online orders offer a few months ago and picked them up then.
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi

I got mine from the pound shop I am sure any of those sort of shops do them they seem to come under different names but all stock similar items think our one is poundland they were with all odd bits like tools and hankies hope this helps someonex
    Frugal challenge 2024

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    asda have 300g jelly bean factory for 1.98,not as good as jellybelly beans,but not dissimilar
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure