Make retro candy/sweet boxes and bouquets for adults & kids + Photos (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• s23xy_c
    s23xy_c Posts: 1,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone wrapped their boxes?
    I have 8 all made and waiting patiently to be wrapped and I have no idea what to do lol.
    Got Married 16/09/11 :j
  • Tiara_2
    Tiara_2 Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    Options
    I have just wrapped mine up in normal Christmas paper- decided against cellophane as it would be see through and very obvious what it is!
  • mumoftwo
    mumoftwo Posts: 1,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    100_1808.jpg

This a little box I have done for my BIL's birthday. He is Dutch and just loves our chocolate.. Chocolate orange is his favourite and flakes..
    The drawers I bought from Poundland.
    I am thinking of putting something on the top: cut out some card and write something on it, like: XXX 's sweetie treasure chest or something else cheesey in Dutch :grin:
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    That looks really good and what a useful to thing to have after the sweets have gone.
    I got two of the plastic boxes from woolworths yesterday for £1 each (think they're on previous page or similar). I want to fill them with sweets for my teenage grandchildren for easter ..............I'll put some wrapping round them if I end up posting them but if it coincides with a visit then I think ribbon would be nice.
    Had a bottle of bucks fizz in a small silver coloured metal bucket for christmas so I'll fill that with chocolate bars...........maybe...............or might pop some seeds in and a little indoor garden set (fork,trowel etc)..........I'll have to think about that one.
    Having a de-clutter I found an old tin of my dad's in perfect condition. The picture on the top is a man sitting down wearing a dress suit -the sort my dad wore when he was a musician. I'll fill that with something for my son for his birthday................he'll love it because the tin was his gramps.
    So many ideas...................love them all:T
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • mary43
    Options
    Anyone got any ideas about some 'retro' images I can stick on the boxes to make them a bit more decorative ? I like the idea of the ribbon but want to give these to my teenage grandchildren at Easter.
    Also need some ideas for my baby grandson.......cant remember when easter falls this year but he'll be about 9 months old.
    Mary

• dora37
    dora37 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    mary43 wrote: »
    can't remember when easter falls this year but he'll be about 9 months old.

Sunday March 23rd ;)
  • mary43
    Options
    Thanks Dora..............managed to find some images further back in the thread so they'll be ok for decorating the boxes -unless anyone has any other ideas.
    Just got to think of something for baby grandson now............:confused:
    Mary

• bluenose1
    bluenose1 Posts: 2,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone seen these empty plastic boxes lately.
    I got then last year from Woolies and filled them with about £3 worth of sweets. My 3 sons aged 15, 12 and 5 really enjoyed them so want to do the same again this year.
    Money SPENDING Expert

• threelittlepigs
    Options
    they had yellow ones in my local woolies
    and also they have pink ones in poundland
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Yellow ones in my local woolies for £1 they also sell them at Wickes. I got mine from there using a £10 off online voucher but not sure if there is anything like that now?
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport