We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Make retro candy/sweet boxes and bouquets for adults & kids + Photos (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• soblivion
    soblivion Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well no luck re retro boxes, B&Q cheapest was £6.48, Wickes was £6.99 and also one that had screws in £14.99 and a Stanley one £19.99 just for a box.
    Maplins was £4.99 not very big. None in woolworths or Tesco, don't have any of the £ shops you all mention anywhere near here.
    Perhaps I'm just being a cheapskate but I didn't want to spend £5 + sweets aswell.
    Anyway thank you for all your suggestions. I'll have another look on ebay again.
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    soblivion - shame you can't find any little boxes.
    Only other thing I can think of is using a jar and filling it up with retro sweets, tie a ribbon round it, add a poem and you have a retro sweet jar.
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • tab1967
    tab1967 Posts: 377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    soblivion wrote: »
    Well no luck re retro boxes, B&Q cheapest was £6.48, Wickes was £6.99 and also one that had screws in £14.99 and a Stanley one £19.99 just for a box.
    Maplins was £4.99 not very big. None in woolworths or Tesco, don't have any of the £ shops you all mention anywhere near here.
    Perhaps I'm just being a cheapskate but I didn't want to spend £5 + sweets aswell.
    Anyway thank you for all your suggestions. I'll have another look on ebay again.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260292131826&cguid=024f81db11d0a0e20237fde7feff1faf
    Not sure if I have done this right but these dont look too bad price wise and I remember last year someone said Maplins did some as well HTH
    Tracy
    recent wins-3 x anchor, a bag of skittles, 50 spud shillings, A tassimo mug :T
  • shazziere
    shazziere Posts: 558 Forumite
    Options
    debenhams were selling jars of sweets in a "retro" sense....they were £16!!!!All they contained were different variety marshmellows and another one contained swizzel assortments.I went to my local sweet shop ...they let you have the old sweets jars for 30p(money goes to charity).The marshmellow onecost £3.50 ish and the swizzel one cost about the same.They look really fab....wish i could post pictures.I got my sweets during halloween when nearly everywhere had bogof on the sweet assortments
  • SeaBee
    SeaBee Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    I couldn't find one of those compartmentalised boxes (not that I looked very hard!) so I put my OHs in a tall jar that was part of a set from Mr Ts - 3 for £1.49. Bought 2 big bags of sweeties from Asda when they had BOGOFF, then a couple of bits for between 10 and 25p each when I saw them including Finger of Fudge, Curly Wurly, Sherbert Fountain. All in all it cost me about £3.00

I will put my poem on it with a bow and a ribbon nearer Christmas

P1010020%20(Copy).JPG
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    I dont know if its been posted before as not read all posts but hobby craft have boxes like this in there stores
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • soblivion
    soblivion Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ladies thank you all so much for the help. Y'know I am silly, I have something here that with a bit of tweaking could be perfect (well maybe not perfect but just what I need anyway).
    Oh I'm turning into a right little make do and mender:rotfl:

SeaBee your retro jar is just fab - lucky OH.
  • SeaBee
    SeaBee Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    soblivion wrote: »
    Ladies thank you all so much for the help. Y'know I am silly, I have something here that with a bit of tweaking could be perfect (well maybe not perfect but just what I need anyway).
    Oh I'm turning into a right little make do and mender:rotfl:

SeaBee your retro jar is just fab - lucky OH.

Thanks Soblivion :D

Of course he is lucky - he has me!! :rotfl:
  • Emily_Hall08
    Options
    BigDunc wrote: »
    If you're struggling for suitable box-type containers you can always make your own: http://hobbies.expertvillage.com/videos/origami-box.htm

I'll definitely make these, but to put homemade truffles in :)
  • TinyPablo
    Options
    th_006.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business