EDF Customer services

Options

Comments

• p1nkk1tten
    Options
    I don't know I how I worked it out, just messed about a bit, lol! Random, I know!! I assumed it musta been a broken link so just tried it and it worked.

In regards to your readings, EDF are being very slow updating the site... I entered my electricity on the 26th December and it only updated last week.. hope this helps :)
    I work for first direct and have previously worked for Santander.
    Any information I give should not been seen as being given from first direct or Santander however I do have certain knowledge from working there.

Thank you, Chrissy :wave:
  • p1nkk1tten
    Options
    Hasn't this all be an unbelievable saga? I'm a serial switcher and tend to switch 3-4 times per year so have experience of lots of switches and never have I ever experienced such a ridiculous palaver as this.

I never wanna switch again.. it's meant to be simple, and for 2 months now i've been having to ring them, check their site, check here to see whats happening with everyone else... sick of it... :(
    Any information I give should not been seen as being given from first direct or Santander however I do have certain knowledge from working there.

• MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 19 January 2011 at 11:11AM
    Options
    p1nkk1tten wrote: »
    I never wanna switch again.. it's meant to be simple, and for 2 months now i've been having to ring them, check their site, check here to see whats happening with everyone else... sick of it... :(

If my experience is anything to go by, 99% of the time it works just fine. This, however, has been a shocking experience. But, surely, more incentive for you to switch away from this shower when the £100 appears? IMO they don't deserve to keep their newly-acquired customers if this experience is representative of how they treat them.
  • p1nkk1tten
    Options
    Oh yer, I'll switch from EDF.. lol... and i've told 'em that!! Once I get the £100 welcome bonus and the £80 from top cashback... i'm off. Hopefully next time it will be much more worthwhile. Wish i'd never bothered with EDF!

• fordmanchester
    Options
    I'm getting this message on their website now:

"The iView has timed out. There is no cached content to display. Click 'Reload' to retrieve updated content. You may need to wait for the cache to retrieve the content from the source."

Just wonderful :|
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    I think the French would have a word for this level of service from their part-State owned energy supplier - it begins with an M and ends with an E, and there's an E, an R and a D in between.
  • p1nkk1tten
    Options
    It gets me so angry just thinking about them!!

• MillicentBystander
    Options
    Just to lighten the mood, here's a question from my local's quiz night last night:

What country's occupants are banned from being members of the Foreign Legion?
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If the Foreign Legion ran EDF, they'd soon knock it into shape!
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • fordmanchester
    Options
    Have finally accessed the "My Account" feature of the EDF website.

Still have 2 account numbers even though I'm only supposed to have just 1.

Went to see if I am able to submit my first meter reading and got the message:

"We are unable to accept your final reading. Please contact us for further assistance"

A final reading? How about my first reading? *sighs*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family